Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,195 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

Here's the factions I'd like to see. I personally think that that most people want the superpowers and the real axis of evil type enemies and my list represents as such.BLUFOR:USAUKFranceCanadaGermanyOPFORIranRussiaChinaTalibanIslamic/Arab MilitiaIslamic/Arab InsurgentsI'd also like to put in the mix the request of a military contractor faction who could potentially be neither BLUFOR or OPFOR and faces either sides on different maps.It would be nice to see small armies but the matter of the fact is that most players will want NATO vs big bad communist/extremist country scenarios. The latter being a bigger selling point compared to switching US with Estonian/Danish/Latvian/Serbian/Romanian armies, especially when you consider the current theaters of war and whom has the most forces currently deploy on operations. If this game is to aim for realism, we can't ignore countries like Russia, China, USA or the UK.

One of the things that many games don't feature is current and recent conflicts in a video game. Sure you have the generic US vs middle eastern insurgents in mainstream games but that's the extent of it. Specific groups/factions based on real life. I'd like to see things like:

IDF vs HAMAS

US vs Taliban (already ingame)

Syrian conflict

Ukrainian conflict

I guess u could attract a bunch of ppl by adding DNR LNR and UKR. Basically yes US vs Ins is mega overdone.

Germany and France for the win!

Russia and China are must-have

Brazil, South Korea, Japan, India and Iran would also be great additions :D 

China, because there are a lot of fun maps you can do for them.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the JSDF in here at some point, since in July this year Abe approved the "reinterpretation" of Article 9 which allows Japan to exercise the right of "collective self defence" and use military action if one of its allies were to be attacked.

I'm primarily interested in:

British Armed Forces - because I am British.

I would also like to play as US, because they are staple BLUFOR and our most recognisable allies; I would very much like to play less-well represented BLUFOR forces in FPS games.

I would be interesed in theatres based on real conflicts, involving real nations, rather than 'one-size-fits-all' collaborations like the 'MEC' (but I understand and approve with why they are used).

For example, I'd like to see Ukraine and Georgia vs Russia, rather than just using 'Militia', and I'd like to see IS as we saw HAMAS, and Syria instead of simply the MEC.

Would be lovely to see less-well represented conflicts also, such as Central Africa, and South America.

For example, I'd like to see Ukraine and Georgia vs Russia, rather than just using 'Militia'

That's the first time I've seen the request of Georgia in any game :P . Georgia would be pretty unbalanced as far as factions go. They were steamrolled by Russia... However the Militia are supposed to be Islamic extremists operating in separatist areas of Russia, most notably Dagestan and Chechnya.One of the current ongoing conflicts around the world is combating extremists and I would reckon that this will be included. With regard to other conflicts, it really depends on which ones the developers all agree to work on and create the entire factions and maps to suit accordingly. African conflicts do seem to be highly unrepresented in games, then again most of the games that include Africa aren't worth mentioning (someone say Sniper: Ghost warrior or CoD?).

I might have a bias toward the more asymmetrical warfare scenarios honestly, I like the dynamics those present. With all due respect to the current conflicts and those involved, I'd like to see Free Syrian Army versus some sort of "MEC" force. Would also like to see something along the likes of Ukrainian Forces against Pro-Russian Separatists.

Factions like PR:BF2's African Resistance Fighters is interesting as well. Would like to see factions of this type in Squad.

Russia has my vote, as said - reusable assets will help grow other factions later too.

China is pretty relevant too.

I'd like to see the Egyptian army instead of the MEC. M1A1 MBTs, YPR-765/EIFV IFVs, M113A2 APCs, TPz Fuchs light APCs, HMMWVs utility, Mi-17/CH-47/UH-60 trans choppers, AH-64D attack helos, Gazelle light helos, F-16C/Mirage-2000 multirole jets, FIM-92/9K38 MANPADS, BGM-71/Milan/HJ-8/9M133 ATGMs.

For infantry: SG551/AKMS (with french optics/M203GL), FN MINIMI LSW, FN MAG MMG, M40A3 SR, SVD DM, RPG-7 with PG-7VL LAT/PG7VR HAT.

MEC ofc!

otherwise it's not PR

:D

I personally think the MEC was a very lazy solution, BF2 originally had US, China, MEC and EU. The devs bothered to disassemble the EU into individual nations but didnt do the same for the MEC. It is a flop to have an entirely fictional faction in a milsim, when every other faction is realistic.

No other forces except U.S. Armed Forces, make robust bases with U.S. Army and U.S. Marines etc., and maybe few years others FACTIONS. Please build a very made game, the essential things which will make a very good game, good quality. 

There is already Project Reality 2 with a lot of factions. Make a game very completed by U.S. Forces, without others factions. U.S. Forces is very vast... And there are things more priority than useless factions.

I agree with tartantyco limiting the game to u.s. factions will limit the possibilities. There should be a range of different forces to play as simply to allow for various senerios and experiences. PR2 has been in development OFF and on for the past 5 years with little to publicly show for it.

Canada for sure! Can be easily implemented in most theatres involving US or NATO forces. if possible could also be like it is in PR:BF2 with layers of US and layers of Canada, adding even MORE immersion

It's not the number of the factions which create immersion, it's the game quality, the diverse systems, the details. 

Canada for sure! Can be easily implemented in most theatres involving US or NATO forces. if possible could also be like it is in PR:BF2 with layers of US and layers of Canada, adding even MORE immersion

I see no reason as to why the maps cannot have any and all factions on them in multiple layouts (except for breaking immersion, taliban wouldn't be fighting in the Arctic). The main issue with BF2 is that each map had localization for the voices meaning you could only drop in factions using the localization (Canada, US Army, USMC). Sure you could make duplicates of the same map but that takes up space so that option wasn't explored.I haven't looked much into UE4 but seeing as how Squad is being built from the ground up, perhaps implementing a system where the server admins can select appropriate factions. Example being Afghanistan where there is a plethora of countries under ISAF to be chosen from:Team1USAUKGermanyCanadaANATeam2TalibanIslamic MilitiaetcEach faction brings something different, my idea does require multiple factions to be ingame already so it might be more relevant further down the line in development.

I see no reason as to why the maps cannot have any and all factions on them in multiple layouts (except for breaking immersion, taliban wouldn't be fighting in the Arctic). The main issue with BF2 is that each map had localization for the voices meaning you could only drop in factions using the localization (Canada, US Army, USMC). Sure you could make duplicates of the same map but that takes up space so that option wasn't explored.I haven't looked much into UE4 but seeing as how Squad is being built from the ground up, perhaps implementing a system where the server admins can select appropriate factions. Example being Afghanistan where there is a plethora of countries under ISAF to be chosen from:Team1USAUKGermanyCanadaANATeam2TalibanIslamic MilitiaetcEach faction brings something different, my idea does require multiple factions to be ingame already so it might be more relevant further down the line in development.

I believe a similar option is already available in PR:BF2 on Kokan, where there is a Canadian layer as well as the US layer. So I guess it's doable.