Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,225 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

>Czech Republic as Eastern Military.

You are aware the Czech Republic is a NATO member, right?

I think it past time have South American armys in the game, we are big parte of the community in special Brazil, who have infinite clans and for years a official pr server, and will be a big force in Squad as well

and the possibilites of have Brazil in the game, (great background possibility with any other faction)

Jungle and big city maps or even Port maps 
Many great combat vehicles, different of many factions 

and even a favela map hue

i think Cuba, Venezuela and Colombia (FARC) had great potential to be part as well with brazil, with a great background of they trying invade Brazil for put boliviarism on (FARC for drugs in Amazon Jungle) and the army uprising in Brazil for the war..

I'd like to see many of the factions mentioned in this thread in the game. Although obviously it will be limited, so I'm not really too concerned. But preference would be Germany, UK, France, Sweden. But whatever is there, we'll play with.

I love conventional warfare, I'm kind of fed up with the asymetrical warfare that's been used over and over in almost all war games due to the current conflicts. I prefer both factions/sides to be the same in terms of military power and tactics. Don't get me wrong, I do like the insurgency mode but conventional warfare is more fun to me.

Russia. Half of the world armies use Russian equipment. DEVs will only make their lives easier to implement new other factions, all you'll need is retexturing

Part of me says that it would be nice to have an Iran/Syria army, but any even bigger part of me says that MEC has been an iconic faction of BF2/PR for 10 years so it would be a pretty awesome gesture/throwback to have them included.

Many people have mentioned that Russia should be the next faction because their assets can be reused for other factions. What if instead, MEC is created first so that there is proper conventional warfare in the Middle East, and then Russia is created with re textured MEC assets? Doing Insrugents to MEC to Russia is logical because they all use many of the same assets. First MEC creates "proper" AAS in Squad for the initial Middle East region, then Russia gets re textured assets from Insurgents/MEC which also opens up a new theatre of war (Europe). Then China would follow (Asia/Pacific). Then more BLUFOR. 

Order of apperance

1. US Army vs Taliban

2. US Army vs MEC

3. US Army vs Russia

4. US Army vs China

5. UK 

6. Germany/France

7. African Militants

The reason that I believe the OPFOR should be expanded first is not because I am American/content with only having the US army, but because adding Russia/China/MEC adds full conventional warfare to Squad( proper AAS/Conquest) and also expands the game into different theatres of war. The last factions to be added should be additional BLUFOR factions because they do not expand the game like the OPFOR factions do, and the US Army already serves their role as a conventional force. While IDF and Sweden are interesting I think it makes sense to add UK/Germany/France because they have stronger militaries, have a bigger presence in the world, and are also equally underrepresented in modern games. (well they are in Counter Strike but... you know what I mean.... not in Battlefield). I think France/ US Army in Africa is actually really interesting as well because France is currently in Mali, and the US Army does have history in Somalia.  

How about  Turkish army ? Turkish army is quite powerful (not saying powerful). Don't you guys wanna see different factions you've never played before like Turkish army.

Definitely would like to see BAF in the game.

You could do a coalition force between UK/US, so half the team is split 50/50 into american and UK squads, against an insurgent force. Would certainly give a nice mix of vehicles etc.

Six

How about  Turkish army ? Turkish army is quite powerful (not saying powerful). Don't you guys wanna see different factions you've never played before like Turkish army.

Hey Lucifer.I'm Turkish and i would love to see Turkish Army in Squad but there is some problems.We're in Afghanistan but never in combat role.I think our International Combat operation was Kosovo ?  But if there will be  "Syrian Campaign" or something like that it would be great . 

Hey Lucifer.I'm Turkish and i would love to see Turkish Army in Squad but there is some problems.We're in Afghanistan but never in combat role.I think our International Combat operation was Kosovo ?  But if there will be  "Syrian Campaign" or something like that it would be great . 

i too would love to see the Turkish Army vs Syrian Arab Army

This is a bit of a long list, and by no means do I want them to have all the forces by the time of the alpha release. I think it would give a lot more diversity in the game and allow more specific genres to be created. Think of being a contractor patrolling the border from drug traffickers, or US militias fighting the tyrannical government. How about Transnistrian Army fighting the EU should the EU and Russia go to (a quasi) war with each other.

Again, if the developers manage to get all of these, I would be happy. But this list is more to show what is possible. I tried to be selective in my choices (I really want a San Morinan Army too) and have real world counterparts. I have provided links to the wikipedia pages if possible if you want to learn more about a faction.

North America:

• USMC
  • Canada
  • Caribbean Coalition (fictional army of joint states in the Caribbean)
  • US militias (based on current militias in the USA)(rebels)
  • Armed Drug Traffickers (rebels)

South America:

Europe:

Asia:

Africa:

Oceania

• ANZAC (no longer exists IRL, but would be nice to include it for our Oceanic breatherin.)

Middle East:

Others:

Edit: apparently I can forget the entire continent of Asia, but come on, whats interesting there?

Forgot Korea, forgot Japan, forgot Brazil, forgot Australia, forgot Finland, made up lots of strange factions that I think aren't really reasonable... Who would Argentina fight? A much more reasonable scenario would be Brazil vs. FARC activity near and into Manaus, possibly with a Brazilian push into Colombian territory for some south American urban engagements. Brazil has a large PR community too so it would make a whole lot more sense. Further, Brazilian police/military police doing my gamemode suggestion in the Colombian cloud forest would be pretty awesome in my opinion.

Can't we imagine some combats about Turkish army. If we imagine insurgents as pkk on mountainous area going to hunt caches and shit but i don't think developers will care about Turkish army (Excuse my shitty language if i did mistake)

in my honest opinion, russia HAS to be in this game...

Yes, as Vexel mentioned it could make things easier on the devs. It also does seem that the Russian bear is awakening and I think it could be fair to say we may see them in action if NATO continues to mount pressure upon them.

This of course brings to mind the current conflict in Ukraine...

= Ukrainian Military vs. Novorossiya Militia =    

also...

= Syria vs. Syrian Rebels =

= Some sort of African conflict... Maybe Somalia.. =

Rogi had also mentioned a South American conflict.. I dig it..

And Im sure we would never see it... But I am asking for it  = United States Citizens Militia vs. Multi-National UN gun confiscation forces  =

Forgot Korea, forgot Japan, forgot Brazil, forgot Australia, forgot Finland, made up lots of strange factions that I think aren't really reasonable... Who would Argentina fight? A much more reasonable scenario would be Brazil vs. FARC activity near and into Manaus, possibly with a Brazilian push into Colombian territory for some south American urban engagements. Brazil has a large PR community too so it would make a whole lot more sense. Further, Brazilian police/military police doing my gamemode suggestion in the Colombian cloud forest would be pretty awesome in my opinion.

Sorry, I forgot to insert Asia, but I didn't forget it xD

I would like to see the Canadian army, but with both the leopard C2 MEXAS and the leopard 2 variants including the A4+ the A5, and possibly an A6+ (though I cannot confirm that the Canadian army is actually upgrading to the A6+ with the few A6s we still have) and add both the C7 with the C79 and the C8A3 with the Eotech 512 without restricting which one we can use, it would be awesome since some branches will be exclusively using the C8 soon (specifically mechanized regiments). add the new uniform and the LBV.

I think Russia should be a priority for implementation, as they have a relatively large military. Not only would a US vs Russia combat scenario be realistic, but it would be cool to see some woodland combat somewhere in eastern europe (like we've already seen in PR)