Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,231 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

Oh, and dat Carl Gustav

It is actually something that the US forces will start implementing too instead of the AT-4 as it is a bit of a waste and it is only really effective against armor - and anti material and HE is very useful in Afghanistan ect.

So you may get to see it used on US forces in Squad in time.

Not sure if Sweeden still uses AT-4, since Brazilian Army is droping the AT-4 (after decades of usage) to their new ALAC LAT.

Oh, we're also droping the MDBA MILAN and ERYX in favor of the new MSS-12 HAT.

OK, so you are probably referring to 3RAR, who were posted to Holsworthy up until recently (they left during my previous posting).

As for that article, let me know if you find it. In my service, I've yet to see a single UD from an F88 caused by something other than someone's finger pulling the trigger.

4 years in reserves, never saw a UD either. The F88 is a decent service rifle 

Oh, and dat Carl Gustav

It is actually something that the US forces will start implementing too

Guys, Guys, let's not forget who MADE the C.G.

PrecisionCG4.jpgAdaptable.jpg

Swedish Armed Forces. Coming to a game near you.

Not sure if Sweeden still uses AT-4

Sweden hasn't been using the old AT-4 in decades (although I think Brazil hasn't used the non-CS variant either). The Swedish home guard (the reserves) and parts of the army are still using the AT-4CS with potential orders for the EBTW upgrade. Most of the regular army has Switched to the newer joint Swedish-British made MBT-LAW/NLAW. It would be an interesting game mechanic though if LAT/HATs without the Confined Spaces-adaptation turned you into minced meat if you tried to fire them indoors...

It would be an interesting game mechanic though if LAT/HATs without the Confined Spaces-adaptation (as far as I know all non-Swedish LAT/HATs are made like that so far) turned you into minced meat if you tried to fire them indoors...

PICS OR DIDN'T HAPPENS.

PICS OR DIDN'T HAPPENS.

Closest thing I could find was this [WARNING: Might be graphic, hard to tell but I think there's some blood on the floor at the end]. (Although I didn't look very far). I don't think the Squad forum would allow posting pics directly of people bleeding out of every orifice anyway. Keep in mind this is a rocket assisted weapon in an open flat. If you were to fire a standard projectile in something like a bunker, the guy firing would have died.

British armed forces! maybe with Royal Maine or Parachute Regiments or some sort of regiment insignia on them? would be a nice touch! 

Would be nice to see all the new British gear that's been flowing in since 2009 mastered in a game. 

Hey! maybe add some Welsh accents to the character models for a Welsh supporter here? ;) haha

keep the good work up guys.

...Dude... I don't want to be mean but you have no idea what you're talking about here.

1. Sweden and Finland are not part of NATO.

2. Sweden/Finland would fight with sophisticated weapons in a guerilla/smaller but more well equipped fashion vs. a larger less well equipped force which would be an awesome change of gameplay.

3. The U.S./Britain wouldn't be in Scandinavia. Germany might help, which would make for an interesting 'elite' guerilla/insurgency (Finland/Sweden)+larger force(Germany) vs. huge mediocre force (Russia). It would be an awesome gaming scenario.

4. Scandinavia provides for VERY cool battle grounds, and to be honest Russian ugly forests and and deserts with the U.S. vs. random brown people/Russia/China has been done to death.

5. Sweden has traditionally had a huge neutral army with a huge (relative to size) internal arms supply. Sweden would be as 'unique' as Russia. For instance,

Sweden has unique:

JAS39NG 'Gripen' jets

'Archer' artillery system

AT4, Carl Gustav and other AT rifles

CV90 variants including IFVs, command vehicles, tank hunters etc

BvS410 (BvS10)

AK5 variants (including compacts and DMR-ish ones) as main rifles, as well as old G3 variants for the home guard

CB90 boats

Stealth ships (if ships are implemented)

Stealth subs (if subs are implemented)

'Galten' RG-32 scout armored cars

Modified leopart 2/Srv122 MBTs

Modified NH90 helos

Patria AMV (made in Finland)

Lots of domestic transport trucks

etc.

Generally Sweden has tried to avoid U.S gear as much as possible. Further Sweden/Finland would have a completely different playstyle to the U.S. And yes I am only writing this because I am Scandinavian. And so is a lot of the PR user base. Sure, NORWAY would not bring much at all new to the table since they're basically using old U.S. gear. Sweden and Finland though? Completely different story.

I noticed this one, good I'm same line Sweden and Finland are not in part of NATO, both have had huge army (compared the total population). In these days Sweden have no army pretty much, but a small specialforces while Finland have kept the old system for the reason we have this quite big neighbour called russia who at times is a bit dick to their friends (as a geopolitical nation).

Sweden have more its own gear and stuff. Finland have more variety:

- old original, modified and upgrated soviet and russian stuff (tanks, AA-systems, some explosive devices) all bought/traded.

- US, Finnish, and Swedish planes, Finnish APCs, Finnish mortars, artillery, some soviet artillery with finbuild operative systems and aim systems etc.. Finnish made boats and ships (a small scale ones as Finnish gulf isn't deep enough for a real big ships and they lose the ability to use archipelago.)

- Finn made APCs like Rosomak like they call it in Poland (Patria AMV) and PASI which is seen lots of use in UN troops.

- Snowmobiles, tracked arctic vehicles from Sweden and Finland

- Skis and white outfits lol.

- US helicopters plus Eurocopters I think is the newest toys (I'm not following really much these days)

- I could say that one of the best line of AT-mines in the world (if Red Army wants to visit.)

- We had some neat AP-mines (until some br*ck in the UK managed to get the signing from us) Now we have some glusterbomb like systems from Netherlands as those are outside of the threaty lulz..stupidity.

+ Claymores in two sizes.

- Valmet/Sako made and modified AK-family of ARs called RK, which is the base of israel Galil family (first Galils were actually made partly with Valmet parts says the rumours). Using 7.62x39, with totally awesome singlefire accuracy.

- Sako TRG42 in .338 Lapua Magnum, TKIV-85 in 7.62x53R Finnish (as a heavily modified and picked russian m1912 some of these parts predates the soviet era they say.), Drakunovs in 7.62x53R/7.62x54R, Barret M82 in .50cal Browning

- Suomi SMG were in use in mid 90s for some odd troops, M39 etc. old bolt actions from ww2 and pre, were still in stockpiles 10 years ago "just in case", HK MP5k, some shotguns. Meh, I really don't know how much there is variation.

- Green wool socks and dirty underpants.

- Some other smaller stuff from Finland and other countries.

Like said abrasive deep highly organiced small unit guerrilla war is what you would assume.

Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea if there were this Nordic faction. Sweden + Finland even if it not accurate in all parts, but we have close relations in Mil cooperation.

Top secret of FDF

... But seriously, I don't need specific "scenarios" to enjoy good realistic FPS.

Happy xmas time to those who celbrate it and those who not have a good week another ways. :)

something from South America, BOPE against street gangs would be cool

+1

I believe that Brazilian army/police vs. criminal in Favela have been discussed couple months ago.

A somewhat more organised, Islamist faction representing the more technologically, tactically advanced and globalised like ISIS, Al-Shabab, Boko Haram, Ansar Dine, but probably not a good idea to actually depict ISIS in the game, nor include direct, real-world religious references.

I also liked the idea someone suggested of depicting particularly interesting real-world military units, like the British Army Gurkhas and the French Foreign Legion.

Well i'd like to see the french faction implemented in this game:

Well first of all, i'm french :)

Secondly, France has taken part of lots of conflict around the word, I dont know why France hasnt been implemented in any FPS games :(, its always usa vs china, russia, it's getting boring. It could be nice if more europeans factions could be added.

And finally dont you want the FAMAS Félin in the game

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http://www.firearmsworld.net/france/famas/f_es200402.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.firearmsworld.net/france/famas/felin.htm&h=737&w=1000&tbnid=l-DcL31eIAsXmM:&zoom=1&docid=UHK3HAEj_G0bIM&hl=fr&ei=v0GkVJvoH4bqUpLFgogB&tbm=isch&ved=0CE8QMyggMCA

Famas félin with the digital félin scope

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http://www.defense.gouv.fr/var/dicod/storage/images/base-de-medias/images/terre/albums-photo/famas/famas-felin/681463-1-fre-FR/famas-felin.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.defense.gouv.fr/terre/mediatheque/phototheque/armement/famas&h=532&w=800&tbnid=di-j_-i8COg0hM:&zoom=1&docid=osA3hxg-dmb6HM&hl=fr&ei=v0GkVJvoH4bqUpLFgogB&tbm=isch&ved=0CCUQMygAMAA

1er RPIMA ( french Spécial Force)

http://youtu.be/heRHMs4VG6M

Simple, all of them from PR. British first though, totally the British. Then USMC just to get the sweet M16's.

something from South America, BOPE against street gangs would be cool

FARC v Colombian military or Zapatista Army of National Liberation v Mexican army, those would be neat. I'd like some degree of variety, at least enough to keep things from just being NATO nations V Russia/Middle Eastern Insurgents. Maybe a Chinese intervention in an African conflict. 

A somewhat more organised, Islamist faction representing the more technologically, tactically advanced and globalised like ISIS, Al-Shabab, Boko Haram, Ansar Dine, but probably not a good idea to actually depict ISIS in the game, nor include direct, real-world religious references.

xwrq06O.gif 

I would obviously want to see my own country, the Danish forces in a map or two.