I propose to change some weapons of mitilia. I have a doubt about M249 and M4. Maybe some long barrel AR-carbine is more convenient to change M4. And what about M249...I think it is too expensive weapon to militia faction. FN FAL with wood furniture or old-good RPD (7.62x39) are good varients for support-unit, imo.

I Agree, however the current Milita faction represent some eastern European faction, imo. FN FAL isn't really a weapon you would find up there.

SKS, PPSH and RPD,RPK-47 & 74.

FN FAL, G3 for the middle eastern insurgents.

I Agree, however the current Milita faction represent some eastern European faction, imo. FN FAL isn't really a weapon you would find up there.

SKS, PPSH and RPD,RPK-47 & 74.

FN FAL, G3 for the middle eastern insurgents.

Probably, you are right. I don't care about how really it is. But a bit adequacy needs to be.

Also, if we are waiting for PR traditions, DEVS could change "Optic AKS-74" to SKS with optic. Or something like that to make Militia-faction different and authentic.

PPSH will be, I hope you've seen latest news.

The Militia will definitely be seeing changes to their gear in the future but since they're a fictional faction the focus is about gameplay rather than narrative justification. Like the M249 for example, being a belt-fed 5.56 weapon it brings it's own strengths and weaknesses that differentiate it from the RPD or PKM, so it isn't a matter of just replacing it to fit the theme more closely.

But there is definitely a consideration for justifying these weapons as demonstrated by the fact the Militia M4 uses an out-dated handguard and fires in bursts instead of just mirroring the modern US version.

Probably, you are right. I don't care about how really it is. But a bit adequacy needs to be.

If you don't "care about how really it is", then what is the purpose of this thread? As your opening post is about how, in reality, the militia wouldn't be able to afford the m249.

So are you saying you want them to have more realistic arms? Or you don't care if its real or not? And you just want the FAL?

Can we have some clarity? As you seem to have contradicted yourself a little bit.

This is just so we can better discuss your suggestion.

(I appreciate the possible misinterpretation through the language barrier)

Yugoslav weapons during Yugo war.

MG42,Tons of Zastavas...

tumblr_n52ydd4zVs1rji3x6o1_1280.jpg

Also, if we are waiting for PR traditions, DEVS could change "Optic AKS-74" to SKS with optic. Or something like that to make Militia-faction different and authentic.

First - there is no default mount for optic.

Second - optics on hunting SKS block loading via clips,only one by one.It's important due the combat.Hunters doesn't care about it.

I like SKS,I wish to shoot it.The bolt is sounds fucking awesome,just like this but shorter and louder.

If you don't "care about how really it is", then what is the purpose of this thread? As your opening post is about how, in reality, the militia wouldn't be able to afford the m249.

So are you saying you want them to have more realistic arms? Or you don't care if its real or not? And you just want the FAL?

Can we have some clarity? As you seem to have contradicted yourself a little bit.

This is just so we can better discuss your suggestion.

(I appreciate the possible misinterpretation through the language barrier)

But a bit adequacy needs to be. Militia - is a collective image of some rebel-faction. Some of middle eastern weapon could "migrate" on North direction.

And yes, my english very bad. I so sorry.

Second - optics on hunting SKS block loading via clips,only one by one.It's important due the combat.Hunters doesn't care about it.

I like SKS,I wish to shoot it.The bolt is sounds fucking awesome,just like this but shorter and louder.

It could be a hand-made picatinny rail. Why not?

It could be a hand-made picatinny rail. Why not?

Read again.

it blocks clip loading.Only bullet by bullet.One by one.Like it was with mosin sniper rifle

[clip_vs_mag.jpg

For non-sniper weapon this is very important.

yeah it makes very little sense for the militia faction to have Nato weapons, in fact it makes more sense for insurgents to get them seeing as ISIS captured a lot from Iraq

personally I'd like to see militia get AT rifles and 9x39mm weapons (both have been spotted in Ukraine)

in terms of the FAL/G3, we can only hope we get an African militia faction down the line

Yugoslav weapons during Yugo war.

MG42,Tons of Zastavas...

tumblr_n52ydd4zVs1rji3x6o1_1280.jpg

MG3 for everyone! DO IT! Z-Trooper you got to do it! I dare you.. No I i double dare you!!  :D  :D  :D

I, agree. Most of the contacts had in the effective distance for 9x39.

I was sarcasm...

But if we go deeper.

Zastava M70

1920px-Zastava_M-70.jpg

Zastava M76(7.62x39 sniper rifle)

1920px-Zastava-M76-Full.jpg

Zastava M53

1920px-M53_%C5%A1arac.JPG

M79 Osa

B0UX0GACEAAdhaa.jpg

I don't know how it's real today,but I wish to see this APC(SKOT) at militia side.And it's a little offtop

SKOT-2AP_on_Main_Market_Square_in_Krak%C

Zastavas are beautiful Serbian creations. So are Khyber Pass Kalashnikovs. I think the Militia has what they need for now (and the papashah will be amazing), and that the Militia gets the Zastava family and the Insurgents get the Khyber Pass stuff. 

But a VSS? Why not a AS VAL? Why not a OTs-14-1A-04? Why not *list most obscure Russian gun I've ever heard of, but I know cos RU guns r k00L*? These are pretty pathetic when you implement them properly in this game, and even then, what are the odds of them actually landing in their hands?

Maby a SPG-9 for insurgent, I know Tallitubi  uses them

1_G_003.jpg?m=1309480601

AFAIK they're still used even is Russian Army,but I didn't heard about it to much.I can't find photos with digi camo.Probably we have to find someone,who know it better.Im not sure.

But there is a lot of older photos.

spg-9_2.jpg

Zastavas are beautiful Serbian creations. So are Khyber Pass Kalashnikovs. I think the Militia has what they need for now (and the papashah will be amazing), and that the Militia gets the Zastava family and the Insurgents get the Khyber Pass stuff. 

But a VSS? Why not a AS VAL? Why not a OTs-14-1A-04? Why not *list most obscure Russian gun I've ever heard of, but I know cos RU guns r k00L*? These are pretty pathetic when you implement them properly in this game, and even then, what are the odds of them actually landing in their hands?

Because they're silenced?

AS is same as VSS,just with diffirent buttstock.Another one is sound like demonic spell  :wacko: and never ever been in anywhere.

once again AS VAL has been seen in Ukraine

in terms of their actual usefulness it depends how they're implemented

if you had a VSS as an alternate to the SVD it would be competitive as it offers more rounds and is suppressed but it comes at the cost of range/velocity

maybe SL could get an AS VAL as one of his choices

at the moment Militia really just exists as either a worse Russian faction or better Insurgent faction depending on which way you look at it when it could be used as a way to let us use Russian weapons that we wouldn't normally get to use (especially in a realistic shooter)

it still makes more sense than M4's and M249's

once again AS VAL has been seen in Ukraine

48XntCCAFLE.jpg

hmmm... Ukraine you,said.This battalion,fully equipped with VSS disagree.The problem is... it's SF.

in terms of their actual usefulness it depends how they're implemented

if you had a VSS as an alternate to the SVD it would be competitive as it offers more rounds and is suppressed but it comes at the cost of range/velocity

Nothing agaist suppressed weapon,but...

I think Yugo war like militia could be better IMO.

at the moment Militia really just exists as either a worse Russian faction or better Insurgent faction depending on which way you look at it when it could be used as a way to let us use Russian weapons that we wouldn't normally get to use (especially in a realistic shooter)

it still makes more sense than M4's and M249's

Well,M4 and M249 are probably placeholders.But I don't know for what.

The VSS is very specific weapon,they're something like sentiel-remover,that actual combat weapon.

As well,as AS.Their main role - urban combat and room cleaning.

I am not a big fun of silenced and special weapons in Squad, but every russian rifle batallion has recon platoon with VSS/AS, so these guns are common enough for russian ground forces.

I stand corrected. But I'd still love something outta Zastava Arms, does anyone stand with me here? :P

*And I do think this belongs in the Weapon Thread*

I am not a big fun of silenced and special weapons in Squad, but every russian rifle batallion has recon platoon with VSS/AS, so these guns are common enough for russian ground forces.

Not always.Usually hes armed just with AK74s or AKMs with PBS.

But agree.VSS isn't that rare(as KS-23 :P ),but still,it's not to much common weapon.