NamesBunny

40mm Parachute Flares for Night Maps

40mm Parachute Flares for Night Maps  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should Grenadiers have parachute flares?

• Yes, flares would be useful for marking areas
    • No, flares would imbalance the game for any team that doesnt have grenade launchers

First off, I know this idea has been floated before, but the last posting about it was several months back, and I thought I'd bring the idea up again.

Most people can agree that the night maps are a bit difficult to see in, and some even resort to upping the gamma for greater visibility. Being a (somewhat) realism purist, i don't like doing such things, but that does give us a serious disadvantage to those that do decide to exploit the gamma.

This is why i feel grenade-launched flares may be the best option;

1- This utilizes the already-in-place potential for grenadiers to mark areas of enemy targets, and makes them more valuable to the team.

2- Anyone that is utilizing the upped gamma will find it impossible to see during the flare due to over-exposed visuals, which makes this exploit less useable if one has to go into the menu and turn down the settings just in order to see.

3- The unreal engine 4 is one of the best engines currently capable of dynamic, volumetric lights, and should experience minimal frame drop even on the highest of settings.

Please rate the poll if you have a moment, or if you have any imput or better ideas, please comment in the section below.

First off we need an night map.

But why only 40mm?This thing is default for combat loadout.At least 2 in fast access in harness.This is the ROP-30 flare.

7534305.jpg

There is also 26mm(4 gauge) flares.

1395915331_310.jpg

True, there are other types of flares, and i suppose it would be easy enough to implement some different types of flares too.

But for the sake of game balancing, i feel like only 1 or 2 classes should have access to flares, instead of everyone getting their own. This would allow for an incentive for cooperation and teamwork.

And the reason i mention 40mm only at the moment is because the grenade launchers are already in the game, and therefore the devs can implement them easier without having to create more assets (aside from the actual flare).

Having different types would require even more assets and animations tied to said assets.

For the future, absolutely i would like to see more. but for immediate testing of them in an alpha stage, 40mm seems the quickest and most effective.

We would not be opposed to the idea, and it would not be difficult, however we know that there might be some performance issues with it, so it is on the low burner atm :)

We would not be opposed to the idea, and it would not be difficult, however we know that there might be some performance issues with it, so it is on the low burner atm :)

Denied because of speak n spell pc's :( its like the PC downgrade vs consol peasants again.. lol