Sign in to follow this  
chronic

Walking Dead.

Having read all 151 issues of the Walking Dead comic to date I know the TV show will never compare but it's still a top watch and I have to say I'm rather excited about the season Six mid season premiere this Sunday.

The show has reached the start of one of one of the best story arcs in the comics 'All Out War' and I can only hope they do it justice.

Carl is a relatively tame and lame in the show, it's about time he switched up and became the one eyed badass he is in the comics.

Will Glenn get his brains splattered by Lucille?

Anyone looking forward to the show returning?

Anyone upto date on the comics?

:)

I tried watching that show 3 times, 2 times I could not make it past episode 2-3 one time I finished season 1. I always just thought that they operated way to dumb for me to continue watching the show. I love zombie films/games but I somehow just dislike this show as far as I watched it.

Will it get any different? (watching it in english)

I tried watching that show 3 times, 2 times I could not make it past episode 2-3 one time I finished season 1. I always just thought that they operated way to dumb for me to continue watching the show. I love zombie films/games but I somehow just dislike this show as far as I watched it.

Will it get any different? (watching it in english)

Believe me I am one of the biggest doubters of WD, I think I had 4 starts, first time i stopped watching end of Season 1, then I stopped watching mid of season 3, but then I just let it run in the background while doing other stuff and finally got hooked up around season 4-5, it really builds up.

I just love how Carl's character changes, and hope to see more of it.

Yeah man it's all about the comics really. They are brutal and amusing. Characters are deep and the violence is often unexpected and hardcore. The artwork is amazing too. Love the comics.

Carl is a mess in the show. He's a hardcore killing machine in the comics. Rule number one... Don't fuck with Carl cos he WILL kill you.

I guess that's the limits of television as a medium though.

Believe me I am one of the biggest doubters of WD, I think I had 4 starts, first time i stopped watching end of Season 1, then I stopped watching mid of season 3, but then I just let it run in the background while doing other stuff and finally got hooked up around season 4-5, it really builds up.

I just love how Carl's character changes, and hope to see more of it.

Well then I think I will take a pass on it, watching a show for so long just to get to the part were it get´s good is nothing for me. I have a lot of other stuff I could rather watch I guess :P

But now I don´t feel bad about Walking dead anymore knowing that I am not the only one thinking about that show this way.

My favorite show. Im in the middle of season 4 and its great. I dont know the comics,  i thing i look into it. Before WD i watch Breakin Bad but i like WD more, i dont know why but i enjoy every episode. Also a good show is Mr. Robot...try it.

Yeah man, I have a huge fucking list of good series, there is TONS of them out atm.

My most favourite series is Sherlock (2011).

That one is reaaaaally good. I also highly recommend rick and morty, it´s always sunny in philadelphia and my little pony (the last one is just for the lulz while reading this)

That one is reaaaaally good. I also highly recommend rick and morty, it´s always sunny in philadelphia and my little pony (the last one is just for the lulz while reading this)

Yeah of Cartoons and Anime I don't even wanna get started with, lol, Rick&Morty is THE SHIT.

I certainly hope Carl becomes more of a badass! I do however love the way his character has evolved, but he could off evolved even more. 
Have not read the comics, so I guess i'm lucky to not expect anything from the show. Rick is the most intresting character in my opinion, much because of his change from being fair and forgiving over to brutal and unforgiving.

I love the show have watched all seasons, didn't want it to end, didn't read the comics though. As far as reading though I am currently reading 'Surviving the Evacuation' post apoc and zombies stuff, well recommended though.

I really don't like the tv series. I thought the first episode of the first season was 10/10, perfect. And then from there it just seemed like it got progressively worse, and the characters just annoy the hell out of me. I wish they could create drama/tense moments without having to need one of the characters act overly incompetent and irrational. I still watch it with my friend, but we mostly just watch it to laugh. That said, I'm pretty hype to see how they do with Neegan.

Everyone seems to like Carl from the comic books, but the actor is piss poor. I really enjoy the TV series but every time that kid is on camera he ruins the scene with his atrocious acting. I personally would love to the that role re-cast with someone who can act, and I will admit he has gotten better over the years but he is still the weakest part of the cast without a doubt (even the smaller roles are played better than his).

Top episode. Faithful to the comics, they recreated many of the key frames and successfully followed the 'no way out' storyline. It even had a comic book style to allot of the editing. I loved it. Happy walking dead fan here!

No way out signals an end to the previous story ark of arriving at Alexandria and things step up a gear now Rick has refound his 'hope'.

Expect Jesus to arrive, the Hilltop and Kingdom communities , then Negan and 'All Out War'!

GG.

This is back on now is it?

I wonder if after all this time they will stop making such awful mistakes. "Oh look a dead body, we've not checked it but lets go hug it...".

Get a grip, Walking Dead!

Ready for Carl v2? So glad they stayed true to the story with this...

Carl-walking-dead-comic.jpg

Badass Carl is coming...

the-walking-dead-134-carl-grimes-goes-to

:)

That explosion in the begining.. That's the Hollywoodest explosion I've ever seen. In other news the episode went as you'd expect in pretty much every scene, but I still enjoyed it :p