Deadduck

Locked squads Good Idea or bad idea?

Squad locking   

400 members have voted

1. 1. Locked squads will be good for the game

• Yes
    • No
    • I am going to comment anyway!

Locked squad will optimize usage of vehicles. It's pretty much hard to maneuver an apc and infantry on same time. Most of times we see vehicles being used as transport only and getting down very quickly because nobody knows how to properly operate it.

Maybe locked squad would do some good to vehicles.

We need locked squads for proper vehicle/asset use. Its worse for the new players to join a "tank" / "transport" / "cas" / "APC" squad and then be useless in those as infantry. If you could just lock your apc squad then the new players will join the infantry ones. Server admins can handle stuff like having too many locked squads or whatever. We have seen these things get worked out in PR before and surely eventually SQUAD will also get more servers handling with server specific rules regarding balance, rushing, locking squads, offensive language, wasting vehicles and such. I think i saw one of the servers already make a rule about not soloing vehicles and another about not having all clan members on one team (except on fridays). WE NEED LOCKED SQUADS NOW PLS THX

i wished i had a close option in the last hours.

i played with 6 other guys and we wanna do some sneaky stealth missions behind enemy lines.

and so many random players who joined us gives a flying **** on that. some players didnt even answer, they joined only our squad for spawning on our rally point.

in one case one random used our last ticket while squad leader and medic was dead. it was not funny to walk the whole way back because we cant set a new rally point.  

and i hate it that we must always use the squad voice chat for only one or two guys because we stick always  at a discord server so we could avoid  push to talk .

and everytime a new guy joins we must explain.

and sometimes we must switch the language from german to english, because one guy joins our squad and gives a shit about "german language" on an declared german server.

dont get me wrong, in the most cases we wanna play with others. especialy if we are only three or four players. but sometimes i miss the option to close a squad really.

Just promoted a random guy to squad leader yesterday instead of kicking him from the squad. We had to teamkill him until he left the server...................... 

1 hour ago, ukigumo said:

Just promoted a random guy to squad leader yesterday instead of kicking him from the squad. We had to teamkill him until he left the server...................... 

You never have to team kill anyone, just ask for an admin and let them handle it.

Even if you get team killed, killing the team killer mostly makes things worse and maybe gets yourself banned from the server you are playing on.

4 hours ago, koschilein said:

You never have to team kill anyone, just ask for an admin and let them handle it.

Even if you get team killed, killing the team killer mostly makes things worse and maybe gets yourself banned from the server you are playing on.

As a server admin of a fairly popular server I can confirm this. We almost always have someone on and in the events that we do not there are three different ways to reach us and almost every other server is the same way. 

8 hours ago, koschilein said:

What am I to do than? Wait until he wipes my squad since I dared to kick him? Play hide and seek?  

17 minutes ago, ukigumo said:

What am I to do than? Wait until he wipes my squad since I dared to kick him? Play hide and seek?  

As @koschilein and @PolishKruk were just saying. Ask an online admin to handle the situation. Do not resort to teamkilling. I have seen people that teamkill the teamkillers get banned right alongside of the teamkillers as that is now what you are. Report the person and move on.

11 minutes ago, ukigumo said:

or let me lock my squads mr dev

Maybe one day.

10 minutes ago, Odin said:

Maybe one day.

So 3 weeks? Maybe you could implement a "Do you really want to transer the squad leader?" button before that? Or are you guys low on research points? 

Hope its a mod....not for pub - that would hurt.

Just now, benchedgamer said:

I think instead of locking them, they are specific ones. APC one, Air (if that happens), Armor (if that happens), infantry only.

I doubt you read thru the tread. 

I think locked squads is a great idea, but then we need to be able to have more than 9 squads. Right now if you want to just play with a group of real life friends you are pretty much forced to ask no one else to join the squad or keep kicking people, which isn't really great for the game. During the free weekend it would have been nice to be able to lock squads so that people showing their friends the game and teaching them could do so in an isolated environment instead of having a random free weekend troll mouth breathing in the mic and saying retarded shit until you kicked them.

Human interaction is dangerous....must....be.....avoided........have....no....social..skills....

51 minutes ago, Thr34t said:

I think locked squads is a great idea, but then we need to be able to have more than 9 squads. Right now if you want to just play with a group of real life friends you are pretty much forced to ask no one else to join the squad or keep kicking people, which isn't really great for the game. During the free weekend it would have been nice to be able to lock squads so that people showing their friends the game and teaching them could do so in an isolated environment instead of having a random free weekend troll mouth breathing in the mic and saying retarded shit until you kicked them.

We can already have more than 9 squads. 

Gotta say if I joined a server full of locked squads I am gonna leave pretty promptly. Usually means to me there will be a lack of teamplayers. Now I doubt that's true for a few but I probably won't stick around to find out. You don't get to choose who you fight with in the real armies of this world but have to adapt and overcome. I like that challenge.

Deliberate TK'ing is a complete other subject and shouldn't be directed to locking squads as a response for it.

I doubt having locked squads would mean every single squad will be locked. Most of the time I don't mind playing with randoms but every once in a while it would be nice to be able to team up with real life friends. I can also see teams/clans wanting to do this so they can be more tactical or practice a strat.

50 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

... lack of teamplayers.

Yea I'm an evil CS:GO player who dislikes TEAMWORK and coordination. Usually we join servers to we die and spam the radio so no TEAMWORK happens.

No, but seriously what are you even implying with your mention of TEAMWORK. That I do not talk to squad leaders? Or what? Usually there are MAX 2-3 clans on a server with around 20 ppl, 60 are randoms doing random things. 

50 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

You don't get to choose who you fight with in the real armies of this world but have to adapt and overcome.

Oooooooooh gooooooooood. This is a game. All I want is to be able to play with my friends without random ppl joining into my squad and asking "Hey you guys speak english?". At the beginning my guys are polite. They tell them that next time they should check the squad that they join (Its says CLAN SQUAD HUN). After that they start shouting in hungarian, german, japanese or any non english language. After the 20th guy joins the squad that they just ask me to kick him on TS. No words. It is so that YOU don't have to join MY squad. Both of us are happy: You don't get kicked and I don't have to kick you. 

Edited by ukigumo

29 minutes ago, ukigumo said:

All I want is to be able to play with my friends without random ppl joining into my squad and asking "Hey you guys speak english?".

Thanks for confirming my point. Lack of teamplayers.

12 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Thanks for confirming my point. Lack of teamplayers.

On what level am I not a teamplayer? I am usually the most talkative person on the goddamn squad radion and every single one of my buddies speak english. 

I don't get why people are against locked squads. If people don't want to play with you because they want to play with their friends they are just gonna kick you any way, this is just saving you the time of joining and being kicked, which could leave you stranded with only 2 mags. When people cry about locked squads I just picture a little nerd with no friends crying "But but but but you have to play with meee!!!!"

No, we don't.

You ready for the truth bomb?
Locked squads are a concept developed in order to lock non-teamplayers OUT of that Squad, they can make their own, if they want to.

Congratulations, you just played yourself!

and i hate it that we must always use the squad voice chat for only one or two guys because we stick always  at a discord server so we could avoid  push to talk .

i can't even express my deep sadness after reading this.