Mataguiris

FPS DROP SINCE ALPHA 4.0

Guest Guest

Fine for a little bit, then becomes extremely choppy and unplayable. I've tried the game on lowest possible settings and the same issue arises. Was fine before latest update.

AMD 8350 fx

GTX 760

I don't think even 4.11 UE engine solve this Amd VoIP problem. I'm sure the developers have the latest engine and are trying with Amd CPU nowadays. If there was positive effects , I'm sure that we should have learned till now. So don't expect any improvements via new UE 4.11 engine. I hope that this game will not be unplayable with Amd cpus...but it's a little hope that I can say

If any developer is against this thought and have good news for us .. Please inform us...

I have same issue. If I use my USB Corsair H2100 headset I have FPS drops few minutes after battle start. I feel like irq problem at old games. Horrible FPS drops i feel myself who is like play the comic book not in the FPS game. If I use my old wired headphone and mic everything go back to normal no FPS drops. But anyway after this engine patch somewhere i lost a bit FPS (20-30).

b4D8oY and all,

I think 20-30 or more FPS drops come with the new engine patch. Bouncing FPS is make some IRQ conflict in the new game engine. If I use the TS3 when game is running no FPS drops, no IRQ problem. With the games previous version (3.11) was not FPS drops after when I deleted the voice and radiovoice.asset files. This version of the engine bring some USB and AMD processor IRQ conflicts as well. So I think no problem with the Squad. All the problem engines patch problem. Unreal will be solve this problem shortly.

I am not shore but i fell like Unreal engine use only physical cores by the AMD processors. If someone do not know the AMD CPUs use only 3 physical cores to the 6 cores and 4 physical cores to the 8 cores CPUs.

And just to make sure, changing your audio device settings from 5.1/7.1 surround to quadriphonic or strereo doesn't fix the voIP lag freezes and fps drops? That solved the problem many months and versions ago. Only fixed the freezes with squad comms though, not anything else.

I have same issue. If I use my USB Corsair H2100 headset I have FPS drops few minutes after battle start. I feel like irq problem at old games. Horrible FPS drops i feel myself who is like play the comic book not in the FPS game. If I use my old wired headphone and mic everything go back to normal no FPS drops. But anyway after this engine patch somewhere i lost a bit FPS (20-30).

I have a corsair USB headset and nothing changes at all in the way of fps

I have a corsair USB headset and nothing changes at all in the way of fps

I think you CPU is Intel. This AMD CPUs problem

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/241358/amd-cpu-very-low-performance-because-ixaudio2sourc.html

https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/windows/desktop/microsoft.directx_sdk.ixaudio2voice.ixaudio2voice.destroyvoice(v=vs.85).aspx

"To avoid title thread interruptions from a blocking DestroyVoice call, the application can destroy voices on a separate non-critical thread, or the application can use voice pooling strategies to reuse voices rather than destroying them. Note that voices can only be reused with audio that has the same data format and the same number of channels the voice was created with. A voice can play audio data with different sample rates than that of the voice by callingIXAudio2SourceVoice::SetFrequencyRatio with an appropriate ratio parameter."

https://trello.com/c/tS7qkAPe/741-done-4-11-sound-concurrency-improvements

[DONE 4.11] Sound concurrency improvement

Creating sound concurrency groups for controlling active voices

https://trello.com/c/oeMGXz8h/673-done-4-11-and-4-12-animation-performance

[DONE: 4.11 and 4.12] Animation performance

Various perf investigation and optimization tasks, including moving more work to worker threads.

I think there will be a FPS boost in the February or the March Update - also for AMD cpus  :P

1 hour ago, PissedoffAMDuser said:

Omg will that fix the AMD spike lag???????:0

" New: XAudio2 voices for PC/XBoxOne platforms are pooled and reused. "

It seems so. Also so many performance boosts like more multi-threading (mullti-core-CPU) support, less synchronized tasks and so on...

2 hours ago, El Duderino said:

It seems so. Also so many performance boosts like more multi-threading (mullti-core-CPU) support, less synchronized tasks and so on...

when do u think Squad would update to 4.11??

1 hour ago, PissedoffAMDuser said:

when do u think Squad would update to 4.11??

I think they will start immediately integrating UE4.11 in the Squad-Project. But a release of a new update of Squad based on UE4.11 depends on several factors.

A lot of UE functionality changed dramatically, new features came in ... so the possibility that all work fine instantly is near 0%. OWI has to adapt their code according to the changes, then testing, bug fixing, again testing, more bug fixing...until it is in an acceptable state for release.

I guess 4-8 weeks until it will be released, maybe earlier (it's just a guess from me - which means it says nothing).

20 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

I think they will start immediately integrating UE4.11 in the Squad-Project. But a release of a new update of Squad based on UE4.11 depends on several factors.

A lot of UE functionality changed dramatically, new features came in ... so the possibility that all work fine instantly is near 0%. OWI has to adapt their code according to the changes, then testing, bug fixing, again testing, more bug fixing...until it is in an acceptable state for release.

I guess 4-8 weeks until it will be released, maybe earlier (it's just a guess from me - which means it says nothing).

its a pretty good guess on the high side I would say. 

19 hours ago, El Duderino said:

It seems so. Also so many performance boosts like more multi-threading (multi-core-CPU) support, less synchronized tasks and so on...

Oh wow, I didn't catch that about XAudio2, though I did notice a bunch of multi-threading support added! I'm not sure how many aspects of the multi-threading capabilities pertain to Squad (e.g. cloth flow and rendering as a multi-threaded task), but there was one I came across that said something along the lines of "adjusted tasks to be evenly distributed and scaled to the number of cores available" which prettymuch means us AMD 8 core users don't have 4 or 7 useless cores. Woo!!! :D