Mataguiris

FPS DROP SINCE ALPHA 4.0

AMD FX 8350*4.5GHZ

R9 280X*OC

My FPS increased from 20-30 to 30-42 (Avg) on Full-72 Servers with the 4.0/4.1 patch (a noticeable increase)

However... since the new patch my FPS has encountered a critical drop (as low as 6-fps multiple times) related to audio

(I've tried applying some fixes found on the forums; but the critical drop still happens)

Why do some bring out the 'AMD is shit' argument when these threads come up, when I, for example, have not had an issue with my AMD processor on any of my games up to here?

Instead of bringing that useless argument, why don't we look at the real issue: the game isn't optimized.

AMD is good on others games that differ unoptimize and CPU dependent. It's a good card otherwise; but when it comes to those two situations, it is shit and everyone in the forum knows that.

Guest Guest

The only conclusion, is that AMD sucks.

What this guy never did with his CPU, was rendering, editing stuff. Some people dont only buy their CPUs for gaming mate, and Intel isnt faster, when it comes to anything different than that.

Maybe the Admins should just Ban everyone from these forums, who posts useless shit.

What this guy never did with his CPU, was rendering, editing stuff. Some people dont only buy their CPUs for gaming mate, and Intel isnt faster, when it comes to anything different than that.

Maybe the Admins should just Ban everyone from these forums, who posts useless shit.

True. But hey, it's the Internet, so lets start nonsense Fanboy wars with arguments, that are 99% wrong anyway

p8czihdm.jpg

I just played my first round on Kohat Toi River Valley in Alpha v4 and noticed the fps drop you guys are talking about.

I'm now running with slideshow ~10fps whereas previously I could get anything from ~30fps or higher prior to the update.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's due to lacking LOD optimization and overly taxing ambient occlusion or shadows.

p8czihdm.jpg

I just played my first round on Kohat Toi River Valley in Alpha v4 and noticed the fps drop you guys are talking about.

I'm now running with slideshow ~10fps whereas previously I could get anything from ~30fps or higher prior to the update.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's due to lacking LOD optimization and overly taxing ambient occlusion or shadows.

What are your Rigs specs?

p8czihdm.jpg

Maybe try disabling shadows and / or AO, revert to your older graphical settings or try to emulate them on v4. Restart your game too, a lot of people complain (not directing this at you) about video settings not changing anything but they don't restart the game.

On another note, some issues are far beyond AMD kit. They can even be far beyond the developers of SQUAD, as in an issue on the end of Epic.

Various performance investigation and optimization tasks (including moving more work to worker threads):

trello.com/c/oeMGXz8h/673-done-4-11-and-4-12-animation-performance

Audit the animation system and reduce memory churn by using stack or thread local storage where it makes sense:

trello.com/c/EcjfKVwp/726-done-4-12-optimization-memory-allocation-optimizations

I suppose you developers are looking forward for what Unreal Engine 4.11 and 4.12 might bring to the table?

i have the same fps in ultra and low xDDD

Weird, I just lowered from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 on a server with 50 people and got an increase of 10 fps.. and that was at ultra + 130% scaling without changing anything else on a populated server. I'll admit, changing settings on populated servers doesn't give much of an increase compared to on your own but it's definitely not exactly the same, lol.

Weird, I just lowered from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 on a server with 50 people and got an increase of 10 fps.. and that was at ultra + 130% scaling without changing anything else on a populated server. I'll admit, changing settings on populated servers doesn't give much of an increase compared to on your own but it's definitely not exactly the same, lol.

I tried changing resolution myself from 2560 x 1440 to 1920 x 1080 but only stepped up the fps by a couple of points so I went back.

What is your average framerate? Iam getting around 50 but down to 25-30 in a battle with a few guys around.

I tried changing resolution myself from 2560 x 1440 to 1920 x 1080 but only stepped up the fps by a couple of points so I went back.

What is your average framerate? Iam getting around 50 but down to 25-30 in a battle with a few guys around.

Averages at about 50-60, lowest I've had it drop recently is to about mid 30's on Kohat with 72 players. I'm pretty sure if I had SAWs and smoke going off as well, and just general chaos, it would drop even further.

I've found playing at 1920x1080 to be decent right now, there's not that much of a noticeable difference in terms of pixelation with scaling being above 100% (at least for me).

What i noticed it helped a lot is dissabling the shadows i disable it and been getting like 15-20 fps more depending the map and players and everything it just feels smoother, how ever sometimes it's still getting choppy but a lot more playable.

Guest SINY10304

AMD FX 8350*4.5GHZ

R9 280X*OC

My FPS increased from 20-30 to 30-42 (Avg) on Full-72 Servers with the 4.0/4.1 patch (a noticeable increase)

However... since the new patch my FPS has encountered a critical drop (as low as 6-fps multiple times) related to audio

(I've tried applying some fixes found on the forums; but the critical drop still happens)

I have been experiencing this to , it will be running fine no VOIP lag no smoke lag , 72 players on the server and in intense firefights with no lag then randomly it will drop FPS and almost freeze. I have precision x16 running and temp core monitor so see it is was a overheating issue but my cpu only gets to 40 to 50 deg and my GPU will not go above 60 deg. not sure why. I have a FX-8350  @ 4.0 with a hyper 212 evo coolermaster (for cooling) and a EVGA GTX960  SSC

I have played a few hours to confirm that it isn't my imagination, and I can say with decent certainty that I have about 5-10 frames less on average after the 4.0 update dropped. I was using the modified config files so perhaps some stuff in there was helping me more (the texture streaming maybe??) but in any case, I am often just at or just under 30fps now, whereas I would often be in the mid 30 to 40s range. 

Guest Matt

Has anybody found anything out about this? I played lastnight for the first time since the patch and was surprised to see the fps numbers. Before i was running 80-100 fps on full epic settings and now it's down to 20. I even changed the settings down and still only got 24 fps. I can't play the game like this it feels horrible.

Processor Intel® Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
16 gig ram
GTX 970

Hi guys, i'm the post from above, didn't realise i wasn't signed in. I just found out that the resolution scale was set to 200% by default and when i put it down to 100 my FPS went back up 80, slightly behind where it used to be but not anm issue anymore. Hope this helps you out.

Has anybody found anything out about this? I played lastnight for the first time since the patch and was surprised to see the fps numbers. Before i was running 80-100 fps on full epic settings and now it's down to 20. I even changed the settings down and still only got 24 fps. I can't play the game like this it feels horrible.

Processor Intel® Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
16 gig ram
GTX 970

These are the types of things that scare me.  I too use an intel (albeit its old), but regardless of what I have, the fact remains that after 4.0 my FPS dropped substantially.  So I guess I kind of wish we could get some sort of acknowledgement from the devs that it is an issue and its NOT just AMD.

Fk i love people saying they get 80-100FPS(haha yeah what in training mode?!?!) what a load of shit! hahahaha! so funny. Id pay to see 80-100FPS on a FULL 70 player server Max Settings. More accurate FPS count on MAX would be about 50-55-60ishFPS on an OC GTX980 (Res Scale 120%) (GPU clock 1429Mhz) (CPU Clock 4.1Ghz). Anything under 64 players i see over 60FPS no worries. Almost 400 Hours in the game, I have tried every graphic setting known 2 this game. 80-100FPS is just a load of bollocks on a full 70P server.