Mataguiris

FPS DROP SINCE ALPHA 4.0

Hey guys. I have fps since ALPHA 4.0. I usually play with 60-50 fps but now I play with 30 with fps drop to 20-15 even 8 and this make the game unplayable. This is my pc:
CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz 8X Black Edition
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 8GB 2x4GB CL7 
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 8GB 2x4GB CL7 
Placa Base: MSI 970 Gaming 

I have this also same CPU FX 8350 overclocked to 4700 graphics card is an R9 Fury X and still only getting around 30 fps

I had this when i used auto detect settings id have about 200fps in firing range and anything between 30 down to 25 or less in a full server. i changed to custom and changed a few things like turned off the new settings like blur and bloom turned down AA i also applied that old fix of deleting the voice file and im sitting around 30-35. However i run on a 1080p monitor and realised the game had set my resolution scale to 120 wound that back to 100 and il see what my fps is like with AA cranked back up. Apparently though the fix for AMD didn't quite work and the devs are looking into it.

AMD FX 8350 8 Core 4Ghz @ 4.8 Ghz

ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

HyperX FURY Series 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 1866MHz

ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4Gb (boost clock 1355 Memory 7510)

Corsair RM850

Samsung EVO 840 250Gb SSD

Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX

Logitech G502 Promethius mouse

Roccat Isku Keyboard

SoundBlaster Z dedicated sound card

Cooler Master Sirus 5.1 headpones

ASUS VG278HE 27" @ 144Hz

Guys, once you have an AMD processor you are bound to fail. The only fix is to change it. I am talking from experience.

Guys, once you have an AMD processor you are bound to fail. The only fix is to change it. I am talking from experience.

Must admit, my current rig might be my last AMD

My friend has a fairly new PC with an Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU.  He is having the same issue as me and I have an AMD APU and AMD GPU.  We both play on the lowest settings.  Yes there is an issue that is more relevant with AMD hardware, with regards to Squad, but Intel and Nvidia setups are not necessarily clear of having issues.  This is an Alpha after all and it seems very unreasonable to tell people to switch hardware when one game is having issues with it.  You will have pros and cons no matter what direction you take.

My friend has a fairly new PC with an Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU.  He is having the same issue as me and I have an AMD APU and AMD GPU.  We both play on the lowest settings.  Yes there is an issue that is more relevant with AMD hardware, with regards to Squad, but Intel and Nvidia setups are not necessarily clear of having issues.  This is an Alpha after all and it seems very unreasonable to tell people to switch hardware when one game is having issues with it.  You will have pros and cons no matter what direction you take.

exactly besides every user has a different experience with the hardware even having AMD, for example i never suffered of the communication issues how ever since update 4.0 i have somewhat lower fps on lower settings than on the previous builds, on previous builds of 4.0 i was running the game at smooth 45-50 fps on almost every map with everything on high, and in this one i had to lower a lot of settings and having 30-25 fps on most matches. I have AMD by the way, i'm not blaming the devs or AMD or UE4 just i think it needs a bit of polish however beside that the game is going on an awesome direction :) we just need to be patient i know optimization will eventually come.

Apparently you haven't been paying attention to the forums. AMD has the same issues on Arma 3 and DayZ, it's crap, anyone that uses an AMD processor knows that. Yes Squad is unoptimized but even if it wasn't the issues would still arise.

Apparently you haven't been paying attention to the forums. AMD has the same issues on Arma 3 and DayZ, it's crap, anyone that uses an AMD processor knows that. Yes Squad is unoptimized but even if it wasn't the issues would still arise.

Your statement is just invalid, because before update 4.0 my game was working fine :) by your logic my game should have bad performance since the start.

Issues will most likely come to light down the road as the technology evolves too, whether AMD or Intel.  I understand the bulk of threads regarding an issue with Squad come from users with AMD hardware right now.  Also even though ARMA 3 and DayZ have similar issues (I am trusting your info I don't actually know) I still wouldn't say avoid this specific hardware because of these few examples.  Like nachovsky said, every user will have a different experience, even if they have AMD hardware.

From my understanding DayZ is still in alpha so it's not even moved on to beta after all this time never mind completely optimised.

From my understanding DayZ is still in alpha so it's not even moved on to beta never mind completely optimised.

and DAYZ and ARMA have more big troubles like they are totally CPU dependant and don't use at all or too little the GPU.

then quality your problem is something else, it looks like you are in a total rant for AMD i'm not sure if that belongs to this topic.

I have nothing personal against AMD, if you're just a casual gamer then so be it, get AMD processor. But I'm talking in a hardcore gamer aspect. If you're playing games that are CPU dependent, AMD is not for you.

Nobody is in any disagreement when it comes to the performance of Intel vs AMD... if people like myself go down the AMD route it's purely because of our budget. Intel is ridiculously priced i5's are still pricey and If people can buy a more up to date AMD based system for half the price of an intel and still play the majority of games at a high standard satisfactory i see no need it comes down to bang for buck, AMD is sufficiently well priced for it's capabilities and in my opinion Intel is overinflated just my opinion ofc because i cannot afford one and another board to go with it and the only problems i encounter recently is with EA titles.

I AMD User since 10 years because my First and only Intel, it was a high priced Pentium IV, fucked up after 2 years no OC done to it. That was really crap.

I really dont know how the lifetime is on Intel right now. my current AMD CPU is 3.5 or 4 years in Charge and has OC from the beginning with no trouble. This is my reason, mainly after well pricing, why i using AMD.

Guest Saucy

Having the same issue, MAD 8350. It was perfectly fine before the update, but i'm getting the same as OP. When I went back onto a server to see if a reinstall fixed the issue I ran into a couple people with Titans even complaining about getting only 40fps. This is the only game in my collection that has an issue like this, I hope not for long. I was really enjoying this game. 

Guest Saucy

Just don't suggest verifying the files or turning the settings from ultra to low or reinstalling. Tried it all and it makes zero difference. Went from getting 50 fps on ultra to getting 10-25 fps on low, ultra.. game doesn't really seem to care. 

The devs are already aware and looking into it the patch was meant to give us AMD users a bit of respite but it clearly didn't work and made the situation worse.

The devs are already aware and looking into it the patch was meant to give us AMD users a bit of respite but it clearly didn't work and made the situation worse.

Not for all. Game runs better now for me. Seems like i'm just a lucky guy with no FX series CPU.

I have nothing personal against AMD, if you're just a casual gamer then so be it, get AMD processor. But I'm talking in a hardcore gamer aspect. If you're playing games that are CPU dependent, AMD is not for you.

I want to play this game via fx8320 + r9 290x with 45-50 fps stable at 72 player maps, with 50 - 60 fps stable at 60 player maps (at ultra spects) without fps drops like 15 - 20 points 

I'm playing with max 35 fps at 72 players maps regularly dropping to 25 fps..sometimes I can see red fps levels like 9 - 10 fps but instantly..

This is not a huge demand mate with regards to this computer system..I can play gta 5 with 50 fps, shadow of mordor with 80 fps, insurgency with 85 fps at ultra levels (especially gta 5 is  cpu dependant game)

regards

Operating System: Windows 10 Home
CPU: AMD Phenom x4 965 BE (OC to 4.0 GHz)
RAM: 12 Gig Corsair (9 CL)
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
Graphics: ASUS GTX 970
Storage: 512 Gig Crucial SSD

My computer is only getting max 32 FPS on a full 72 man server with a dip as low as 18 FPS. My CPU is at best 80% usage on all 4 cores and my Graphics are at best 50% usage. The only difference between now and before the update to 4.1 is that my CPU usage has dropped 10% and my FPS dropped by about 3.

Is this normal for AMD CPUs at this time? Is it possible to increase the FPS without changing hardware. My guess is no; but I would like other more educated opinions on the matter.

Let's please stay on topic guys. Not every thread that starts with an AMD rig should be derailed into how poor AMD processors are viewed by the general public consensus.

On topic, my FPS are also suffering since this new patch. An effect I believe called "micro-stuttering," where I freeze and stutter when I turn or are in a smoke grenade. Even if I scope in on an ACOG kit, I stutter/freeze when I move the cross-hair around.

This round was on Fool's Road on a server with ~60+ individuals on (community fight night); I tried an insurgency round later on Logar Night on a server with only ~35 inhabitants and didn't see as many issues, though they were still present.