SaSCHa

AMD Performance after Update

Hey guys,

with my AMD eight core processor, I have a slight performance increase after the 4.1 Update,

while I never had problems with the VOIP before the Patch, I get now 1-4 Fps when joining a Squad

and they use their Mics.

Any solutions? This makes it impossible to play and enjoy the game. Without a Squad it's just bad.

Thanks in Advance

As Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX suggested,
turn radio filter ingame off. if it does not help, delete RadioVoice.uasset at

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Squad\Squad\Content\Audio\Classes

source:
http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/11408-possible-workaround-for-voip-stutterlag-help-needed-testing/

plz report back your findings.

My friend, AMD will always have issues; the only solution, is to change it.

Yep, I'm afraid you're right..

Thanks for the answers guys, will try this after getting home from work

Same here, 8350 game drops from 42fps to 4fps when someone keys mic.  Well, time to build that 4790k that's been sitting behind me for a year and a half.lol

Same here, 8350 game drops from 42fps to 4fps when someone keys mic.  Well, time to build that 4790k that's been sitting behind me for a year and a half.lol

Lol you lazy bastard!

I bought game in December after Steam release, and i'm AMD user and i kinda regret it because i can't play it normal like intel users....So if there won't be some AMD improvements i dunno, i think i won't play it untill i buy intel, and that won't be soon, game is really amaizing don't get me wrong, really like it, but poor AMD, it's kinda bad because that game push AMD users to Intel... Today marketing :)

I bought game in December after Steam release, and i'm AMD user and i kinda regret it because i can't play it normal like intel users....So if there won't be some AMD improvements i dunno, i think i won't play it untill i buy intel, and that won't be soon, game is really amaizing don't get me wrong, really like it, but poor AMD, it's kinda bad because that game push AMD users to Intel... Today marketing :)

They are working on it, you should search first though before making broad statements.

AMD got stuck in a pretty shitty relationship with NVIDIA where NVIDIA kept all of the next-gen technologies to themselves so that AMD would not know how to optimize their system for it. Kind of sucks for everyone to be honest, soon NVIDIA will have no competition since they hoard all the new tech.

AMD users, do you ever try CPU-control or Ashampoo Core Tuner? Maybe, it will be useful.

Never tried either of those, anyone else had experience with them?

Never tried either of those, anyone else had experience with them?

My friend has AMD CPU and he doesn't complain fps falls in SQUAD. Also he recommend these utilities.

My friend has AMD CPU and he doesn't complain fps falls in SQUAD. Also he recommend these utilities.

Worth a test ;) thanks!

AMD users, do you ever try CPU-control or Ashampoo Core Tuner? Maybe, it will be useful.

I can try this out, although I don't think it'll help as its still single threaded.  however does it support windows 10?

How much money is Intel give to you for theese comments?

Sry Off-Topic but i really want to know.

How much money is Intel give to you for theese comments?

Sry Off-Topic but i really want to know.

Although he stated it in a way that isn't sensitive, he isn't wrong.  The current FX lineup (Bulldozer, Vishera) is horrible at single threaded tasks, but very efficient when something is multithreaded properly.  Squad is highly single threaded due to DX11.  It has to do with the sounds processing through Core0 (along with everything else) on top of other inefficiencies that the Squad devs are working to clean up (general optimizations).  When Vulkan and/or DX12 are in, it'll be much easier on the FX, but FX processors are still a bottleneck with high end graphics.  Your best bet in the next FX processors "Zen" which will be AMD, however act much more like Intel.

I can try this out, although I don't think it'll help as its still single threaded.  however does it support windows 10?

I don't think it will help a lot.

I believe, these programs are just providing a nicer UI for the things you can already do in windows. (+some features to improve usability)

http://www.windowscentral.com/assign-specific-processor-cores-apps-windows-10

I don't think it will help a lot.

I believe, these programs are just providing a nicer UI for the things you can already do in windows. (+some features to improve usability)

http://www.windowscentral.com/assign-specific-processor-cores-apps-windows-10

Hey I appreciate that.  ever since getting windows 10 they have definitely found a good hiding spot for that feature, lol.  I agree that it probably won't help out, however I'd like to try a few different combinations (only using core1, 3, 5, 7 for instance) just to play around with, I'll definitely share anything if it helps, but again I'm doubtful it will.  I seem to have more fun trying to magically get this game to multithread than I do playing the game itself, lololololol.