nastydisease

Bleed is too harsh?

153 posts in this topic

Now that flag captures cause ticket bleed I feel that the rounds are not lasting long enough. Its as though I'm barely warming up and the round is over.

I feel as though there should only be ticket bleed (very fast) if the final flag has been capped, like in PR. Otherwise an orderly tactical withdrawal to the next flag should be a viable and possibly winning strategy. The new system reminds me of Battlefield, rewarding players for constantly charging points regardless of losses as the ticket bleed will make any suicidal tactics justified.

You dont see many high scores on the board any more simply because the rounds are now over so much quicker. In fact you often wont see the final point at all. We should be defeating the enemy through better tactics in the field, by causing casualties. Now you can simply blitz the enemies first point then sit there and hold for the rest of the game with your whole team and let the ticket bleed do the work for you.

EDIT: For clarity THIS is the addition that I am referring too.

• Owning more capture zones than the opposing team will begin to incur a slight bleed penalty. The more zones owned, the more bleed the opposing team incurs.

Now that flag captures cause ticket bleed I feel that the rounds are not lasting long enough. Its as though I'm barely warming up and the round is over.

I feel as though there should only be ticket bleed (very fast) if the final flag has been capped, like in PR. Otherwise an orderly tactical withdrawal to the next flag should be a viable and possibly winning strategy. The new system reminds me of Battlefield, rewarding players for constantly charging points regardless of losses as the ticket bleed will make any suicidal tactics justified.

You dont see many high scores on the board any more simply because the rounds are now over so much quicker. In fact you often wont see the final point at all. We should be defeating the enemy through better tactics in the field, by causing casualties. Now you can simply blitz the enemies first point then sit there and hold for the rest of the game with your whole team and let the ticket bleed do the work for you.

No.

There were too many people running round not playing the objectives. Now? You don't play the objectives you get beat.

Sounds like you and the players you play with need more practice.

A lot of people worked to get this in place, rather than winning through 'inflicting casualties' which lead to TDM rounds. 

It's called AAS for a reason, if you Advance And Secure (mode name) then yes, you should win through that method.

Nope Bleed is fine. 

To those who refuse to  play objectives I say:

0G5R99P.png

With adding the bleed it helps squad actually play the game! I can not tell you how many times I have been in a game and one squad is building a Super FOB off in god knows where, while i am trying to play the objective and win the game. That being said while my squad is split due to other squad doing fuck all and playing mine craft a single squad is having to pick up the load of nine other people... So i am more then pleased with that! Now all i am waiting for is the logistics system to be put in and i wont have to worry about people taking a squad out of the game :D

The new system reminds me of Battlefield, rewarding players for constantly charging points regardless of losses as the ticket bleed will make any suicidal tactics justified.

This is a good point. Ticket bleed needs to be balanced with losing tickets via death. Otherwise ignoring medics and instantly re-spawning to get right back into the fight becomes a valid tactic since the ticket bleed is the cause of a win/loss not how many soldiers you lost. - this is my main point, ticket bleed is great! but only in moderation.

No.

There were too many people running round not playing the objectives. Now? You don't play the objectives you get beat.

Ahh yes, the 'ole " get good" argument.

Jokes aside, ticket bleed is obviously a vital part of the game, but it will need to be balanced correctly, especially once we get larger player counts and vehicles in servers

Edit: Plus there is already more incentive for attacking/defending points than just ticket bleed. That is, that each team loses/gains a chunk of tickets whenever a control point switches hands.  

Jokes aside, ticket bleed is obviously a vital part of the game, but it will need to be balanced correctly, especially once we get larger player counts and vehicles in servers

This. No need to be so dismissive about the original poster's concerns. It's definitely something that has to be assessed as time goes on, and I'm a sucker for longer matches,

This is the frustrating thing that people learnt that caps didn't really count as they were broken. Now it's fixed people have to relearn to play the cap points or they're going to lose. Ticket bleed is just fine. Teach people the importance of capping instead of run & gun for tickets.

I asked this question a while ago to the devs, didn't get any response yet.

Will there be any helpful UI indication of ticket loss when a flag is capped/FOB is lost? Something simple like a "-20" below the current ticket count that fades out, similar to the way money is tracked in the counterstrike series. This would help newer players catch onto how important objectives are.

Right now, unless you are constantly monitoring the ticket count, ticket loss can easily go unnoticed. If there was some sort of indicator to show tickets are being lost, players would most assuredly catch on to the importance of holding objectives.

This is the frustrating thing that people learnt that caps didn't really count as they were broken. Now it's fixed people have to relearn to play the cap points or they're going to lose. Ticket bleed is just fine. Teach people the importance of capping instead of run & gun for tickets.

That's not true, we have always played objectives since steam release and have always gone for bleed by having all flags. Only map that didn't allow for that was larger Fools Road which we accordingly didn't play as much. So its not as widespread a thing as you'd think. On our server flag play was / is the norm, if stupid Multiplay can ever fix their issues now things will be just peachy.

I would agree that the ticket bleed is to harsh at the moment. Either increasing the tickets would be good or something. Rounds last 15 minutes. You are complaining about people building FOB bases? So lets ask the devs to remove the base building system and make this another hardcore call of duty. One of the reasons I bought the game was to be able to build a base and defend it. The ticket bleed should either be lowered or tickets should be increased. I have played a couple of games where our team lost by 250 tickets and no one had more than 4 kills. If we end up running around not getting kills, not being able to defend our FOBs then I dont see the point of playing this game....

only played abit last night, with what people have said yes its good that the bleed is working and people are now pushing objectives it does seem to need a slight balance and those things will come into effect later down the road... once again ill be one of those guys but playing PR you could have a single round go for 2-3 hours with people paying attention to detail and moving across the map like it was chess... right now the bleed makes it feel like checkers

The fact is this new bleed will force many games to be a battle for center cap once he less swift amongst us catch on to how to play objectives. The more successful & aggressive teams will go center plus 1 or use tenets of maneuver warfare to force increased bleed. There will be long enough drawn out battles for center, I assure you.

Things are progressing nicely on this front. Those who stay static and fixed in their thinking will suffer some but pain can be one hell of a motivator. There will still be a time and place for defense and defensive structures, just not off cap in the random unimportant boonies.

Tl;dr 

Events proceed apace...

Use your medics more!

There, I just saved your team about 100 tickets. Have fun with your much longer games  :D

Use your medics more!

There, I just saved your team about 100 tickets. Have fun with your much longer games  :D

Are you suggesting I shouldn't immediately give up when killed? Blasphemy.

It can still be a winning strategy - as long as you're killing a LOT more of them then they're killing you. But it shouldn't be a go to strategy - that should be one that focuses on attacking the next objective, or defending it if you have the upper hand in flags. But the goal should always be an attempt at getting the upper hand, and playing the objectives.

If the round are too short beacuase of the new bleed, I rather they up the number of starting tickets than take the bleed away.

I would agree that the ticket bleed is to harsh at the moment. Either increasing the tickets would be good or something. Rounds last 15 minutes. You are complaining about people building FOB bases? So lets ask the devs to remove the base building system and make this another hardcore call of duty. One of the reasons I bought the game was to be able to build a base and defend it. The ticket bleed should either be lowered or tickets should be increased. I have played a couple of games where our team lost by 250 tickets and no one had more than 4 kills. If we end up running around not getting kills, not being able to defend our FOBs then I dont see the point of playing this game....

Really? Because I've been on shitty teams and we still had rounds last 30-45 minutes.

I could see the bleed being dialed back a bit, but overall it doesn't really bother me as it currently is. I think more importantly, I'd like to understand exactly what it is now. I heard that capping a flag (non neutral) would remove 10 tickets from the team that lost it and give 10 tickets to the team that capped it. But some specifics here (inc exactly what the bleed settings are) would be nice.

Really? Because I've been on shitty teams and we still had rounds last 30-45 minutes.

I could see the bleed being dialed back a bit, but overall it doesn't really bother me as it currently is. I think more importantly, I'd like to understand exactly what it is now. I heard that capping a flag (non neutral) would remove 10 tickets from the team that lost it and give 10 tickets to the team that capped it. But some specifics here (inc exactly what the bleed settings are) would be nice.

20 tix for loss and 5 tix for gain is what I have witnessed in my testing. Also even short matches last about 30 min I'd say. Unless something goes brutally wrong I don't think a game can be over in 15 min. We've won games by 285 ticket margins before and I don't think we have many flat out 15 min blitzkrieg victories that I can think of. 

20 tix for loss and 5 tix for gain is what I have witnessed in my testing. Also even short matches last about 30 min I'd say. Unless something goes brutally wrong I don't think a game can be over in 15 min. We've won games by 285 ticket margins before and I don't think we have many flat out 15 min blitzkrieg victories that I can think of. 

10 ticket gain on capture. Noticed it on Desmo's stream earlier today. Of course that was uncapping an enemy flag and completely securing it. Values might change depending on flag status. I've heard 30 ticket hit for loss of flag but that is not confirmed.

My humble opinion is that the bleed is too much. It's been making for a lot shorter games that are a lot closer to each other. The flag capture and loss is what I think the culprit is. Against a good team you will be going toe to toe on one of the middle flags, everybody flanking everybody and it just goes back and forth. It still went that way in games before bleed. 

I just feel like lower the bleed in the next patch and see what happens. 

No.

A lot of people worked to get this in place, rather than winning through 'inflicting casualties' which lead to TDM rounds. 

It's called AAS for a reason, if you Advance And Secure (mode name) then yes, you should win through that method.

Blitza nailed this here.  The ticket bleed would not be an issue if both teams controlled near an equal amount of flags.  The games that are ending quick happen when one team controls a large majority of flags.  This is exactly how it should be. Teams should be brutally penalized for not defending or trying to capture flags.  This was by far the best change the developers have made with this new update. Incompetence and poor teamwork have consequences.  

I agree with Blitza too, and a few others on the fact people need to learn how to play the game.

1. Medics

2. Safe and Secure

3. Plan accordingly with SL

4. Attack, defend the best way you can.

Bleeds are good for people who work so frigging hard together, while the rest just cluster fuck all over the map.

work together people this isnt cod.

Ticket bleed isn't too harsh. People have forgotten the worth of capture zones since ticket bleed was disabled. It turned the game into a large scale TDM where who kills more wins. It enticed lone wolfers, mountain side campers, and super FOB building. Basically, the whole point of the game went out the window.

The game should at no point primarily be focused on who kills more decides who is the victor. Play the objectives, co-ordinate with squads, use your medics to full potential and the game will be longer and more enjoyable. Don't play the objectives, don't use medics correctly, don't have a SL communicating with other SLs, enjoy the short match. 

I somewhat agree.

Even when playing the objective, one team needs only be slightly stacked and they will pretty much steam roll over the other team and your tickets get drained crazy fast. Of the 8 matches iv played since the update 6 resulted in a loss even with coordinated gameplay but simply due to the other team having 1 or 2 flags more and our tickets + deaths = instant 0 tickets left.