Captain Reaper

Arma 3 Veteran turned Squad Noob

I finally took the leap and got Squad.

best .decision. ever.

I have over 1000 hours in Arma 3. It held me over for a while but it lacked the realism I was looking for. As well as the plethora of children that played and ruined the experience. Squad seems to have mastered the niche a lot of mature milsimers were looking for.

I want to get involved with an adult clan and make some new friends. Everyone on the forum seems like a bunch of nice people so I'm excited to see where Squad goes from here.

welcome mate, I would reccomend taking a look at the Unit/Clan section on the forums there are alot of great mislim/clans to join.

I have over 1000 hours in Arma 3. It held me over for a while but it lacked the realism I was looking for. As well as the plethora of children that played and ruined the experience. Squad seems to have mastered the niche a lot of mature milsimers were looking for.

When arma veteran says that, you know you are on right track :)

Welcome to community, buddy! Cy around :)

Welcome bro. 

This game find playce in your heart for yeaaaars :) 

See you soon at field. And good luck with searching some great squad

Welcome. It says something when someone has put in 1,000 hrs into Arma and still finds it lacks realism. The devs know what they want from the game and most here want the same thing. Easy to get into, hard to master with great immersion. The audio in this game really gives the game intensity. 

Good deal Captain and great swap of games. I think you have found exactly what you were looking for... I know I and many other in my own community have. See you around.

3,000 hours in Arma 2, played it for 4 years, then Arma 3 because it was shit I have 75 hrs, Squad I have 110.... #addicted ... And yes i have a life lmao.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I think Arma held me over for something I didn't even know was going to exist until now. I don't know what it is about Squad but it just feels different. The simple fact that I haven't ran into 1 troll/griefer/immature person shows a lot. So yeah, I'm excited.

On a side note: The freakin' smoke from the smoke grenades are fantastic. Just that little of a detail compared to Arma shows the quality of game we have here already, and it's only in Alpha. Maybe DirectX 12 has a little to do with it, maybe Unreal v4, I don't care. The smoke looks beautiful by itself.

Rant over.

Hope to see you guy out there! :D

Edit: I put Unity as the engine, like a pleb...

Edited by Captain Reaper