Spectral

Clearing up any confusion with EAC and altered files

I know there was confusion with some of the other devs and I would like to clear this up. If you have deleted / missing files, or altered files, or changed .ini's you will NOT be banned. EAC will just prevent you from running the game until your files are fixed. To fix your files, just

Right click the game in steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Select VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...

Shame all the people that removed grass and trees before 4.0 didn't get banned

I'm not the kind of guy who will remove shadows, grass or anything else to see ennemies better.

Even if I loose 20 FPS because of shadows, I wont disable them (anyway, my game runs fine with Epic or High settings) I will just set them to lowest possible.

However, I tried/used all tweaks available on the forum (including SweetFX) to improve my FPS as much as possible and some worked well, and as many of my friends experienced a big FPS loss since V4.0, I wonder if it was still possible to tweak the game at least to get some FPS back.

Thx for your answer Spectral (love the little message "Spectral was there" in the Firing range :D :D).

Yep messing with Texture Streaming and MaxFPS in the .ini files should not be frowned upon at this stage of development. The other options that allow removal of shadows completely and especially grass should not have even been available for tweaking by the user really, or at least ignored if set to low. I can understand that we need to find the best solutions for performance for all tiers of hardware but having the option to be able to lower settings for an advantage is a bit to much.

Thx for your answer Spectral (love the little message "Spectral was there" in the Firing range :D :D).

That freaked me out and I had to check the scores to see if he had joined my game somehow.

Haha, actually I intentionally said people would get banned so they would fix their stuff if they were cheating! (:

I know there was confusion with some of the other devs and I would like to clear this up. If you have deleted / missing files, or altered files, or changed .ini's you will NOT be banned. EAC will just prevent you from running the game until your files are fixed. To fix your files, just

Right click the game in steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Select VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...

I have already make the VERIFY INTERGITY OF THE GAME CACHE and i still kick by de EAC, but i don't have touch any files of the game :/

Help :/

I have already make the VERIFY INTERGITY OF THE GAME CACHE and i still kick by de EAC, but i don't have touch any files of the game :/

Help :/

Go to game files a look for the EAC folder. In there, there is a installer. Run it, restart steam and good game.

Go to game files a look for the EAC folder. In there, there is a installer. Run it, restart steam and good game.

Yep, that work, thank :)

Hi,

My first game with V.4 worked fine (yesterday) but for now I cant join any server, EAC always disconnects me.

Did all what is suggested on the forum (I had still did it just after V.4 release, but who knows) installed EAC, checked cache files... still cant join.

Eventually uninstalled + deleted all Squad files (Steam folder + Windows User folder + any file related to SweeetFX) + CCleaner cleaning + reinstalled Squad (takes hourssssssssss coz low connection).

As soon as game is downloaded, I'll tell you if it works...

G. night all !

Update : Fresh install of Squad => works fine

Fresh install + SweetFX (only, no other tweak in .ini or anything else) => EAC kicks me

That's a real shame. You would think EAC would accommodate SweetFX. Maybe in time they will. I am even a little worried about messing with my .ini in case it spoils my fun.

That's a real shame. You would think EAC would accommodate SweetFX. Maybe in time they will. I am even a little worried about messing with my .ini in case it spoils my fun.

I've been playing fine with sweetFX (latest version, that may have a bearing?) - it's been fine for me. Had 1 EAC disconnect... which seems to be more like disconnecting from their service or something rather than a kick/ban.

And some people use it with no problem, why meeee :( :(  :D

I've been playing fine with sweetFX (latest version, that may have a bearing?) - it's been fine for me. Had 1 EAC disconnect... which seems to be more like disconnecting from their service or something rather than a kick/ban.

Hey !! I used to use the V.1.9 (link available on the Squad forum) and just saw its not the latest one, will try it tonight !! Hope its the solution...

EDIT : Using Reshade v.1.1.0 with SweetFX 2.0 (= last version) fixed it !

And some people use it with no problem, why meeee :( :(  :D

Hey !! I used to use the V.1.9 (link available on the Squad forum) and just saw its not the latest one, will try it tonight !! Hope its the solution...

EDIT : Using Reshade v.1.1.0 with SweetFX 2.0 (= last version) fixed it !

Yep that's the one I have. Glad it's working now.