Sign in to follow this  
gec

Game mode idea

gec   

Alright, I will admitt that I am blatantly stealing this idea from an old game called Sudden Strike, made by Fireglow games. It is an old school WW2 RTS from 2000. (there was no building, just units)

Basically in their "vs \ pvp" mode you had a map with each player spawning in opposing corners. Spread across the map were "blimps \ zeplins" with different colors. Some red, Some green etc. They were distributed evenly between the players and if you held all zeplins of the same color you would be awarded additional infantry and vehicles. Those blimps then turned gray and would be used up. There were multiple pairs and also 3 of a kind and even 5 of a kind if i remember correctly. pairs would award the smallest reward.

I believe you had to remain very close to a blimp for around 30 seconds to capture it, and it had to be uncontested. Aswell as capturing a blimp would be visible to the enemy. And seeing as how you had to remain so close, you would have to time your attacks very well in order to not just get artillery rained down uppon you.

Anyway, I thought it was a good idea then. And I still do now. Blimps could be "assets" and rewards could be tickets and\or vehicles and mortars.

Whatchu think?!

gec

wrath39   

I think from what I've heard they will be using vehicles when added to the game as both a mode of transportation and objectives to capture. I wouldn't understand the necessity of the blimps it sounds relatively close to what AAS currently is.

gec   

Well the blimps werent exactly vehicles, just markers. And it is very different from AAS seeing as how you need to hold multiple points simultaniously to get one single payout. Not a payout over time.