Sign in to follow this  
Stom

Respawn at Main base in waves.

With vehicles coming soon I though it might be a good idea to change the way that main base spawning works.

At the moment when a player spawns they are given a timer based on a few different factors that are individually specific. My fear is that with the current spawning system if a player spawns at main base and a vehicle is present it could result in impatient players just using the vehicle as a personal transport rather than waiting for team-mates to transport.

So instead of just giving the main base the fastest spawn time creating a wave spawn would highly raise the chance that multiple players spawn at the same time and then coordinate their use of vehicles and grouping.

The wave spawn system would work similar to RO2 where the spawn point has it's own timer and whenever that timer reaches zero whoever is in the queue spawns. This could result in players instantly dying and respawning but that would be more up to luck than anything else.

Wave spawns could also apply to FOBs or Rallies making them more difficult to spawn camp, but my main concern is the use of vehicles.

This is a minor suggestion but it could help avoid annoyances in future, thanks for reading.

Wave spawns are complete shit, and we don't know how the vehicle spawning and access system will work. Individual spawns allows the game to punish or reward players for their behavior, something wave spawns cannot.

As this game is called Squad and you often have to re spawn alone when you die I think this would not be fitting for the game. Mostly you always spawn in with your squids and squadets and that is how it should be in my opinion. If you need to get a special kit of a vehicle for your squid leader you should be able to do so and it would always be a bit more chaotic if 5 other guys would spawn in with you. (you want to hear the orders you get and 2 guys are fighting over who will take that sexy motor bike)

As this game is called Squad and you often have to re spawn alone when you die I think this would not be fitting for the game. Mostly you always spawn in with your squids and squadets and that is how it should be in my opinion. If you need to get a special kit of a vehicle for your squid leader you should be able to do so and it would always be a bit more chaotic if 5 other guys would spawn in with you. (you want to hear the orders you get and 2 guys are fighting over who will take that sexy motor bike)

I only really want it for main base, that's why I said could for its use with FOBs and rallies.

As for being chaotic I don't think 5 or more people spawning at the main base would really add too much clutter, the entire team spawns there at the start so those areas are catered to a large volume of players.

Also permutations could be added to the system depending on the factors that currently increase spawn time. Like if you instantly give up then tried to spawn the system could give you a one wave buffer where you miss the next spawn wave, having the same result as the current system but with a higher chance of spawning with other players.

Hm I have seen some troubles in PR when sombody use vehicle for personal use and just one player use whole truck. But this guy was pretty fast overwhelmed by team players to not waste a vehicle. 

For example when I alone spawn at main I have never use truck just for me. But You need communication proper. Its not teamspirit when somebody waste vehicle. 

I guess we will have some troubles at beginning because many peopls have no idea how this will work (me neither) but Iam not worries. We have our radios and mouth and voices :)

This is interesting idea. It would be cool if someone is within +/-5 second or so to be spawned in same wave (longer you have to wait wider interval it is; for short respawns times this might be only few seconds). So penalty respawn system would still apply but modified slightly to get in range of wave counter. If only you have to respawn, then it would act normal as it is now.

Where exactly is this confirmed? 

C'mon give the devs a break, these vehicles come when they are ready.

That's why I said soon, not next week or even next month but they're coming.

Trust me I'm not pressuring the devs but it's something to consider before the release of vehicles.

The only time in PR when you had a race for vehicles was right in the beginning at match start when everyone spawned in all at once. After that it was easy enough to get a vehicle if you wanted one for your squad and no one else had laid claim to it.

Wave spawns will only increase the rate at which people give up as well and any mechanic that further reduces the necessity of waiting on medics is a terrible mechanic.

Also, your team shouldn't be spawning at main unless you are getting your asses kicked. You should be in the field spawning on FOBs and RPs. If/when you need a vehicle then you would detail the next two guys to go down to respawn at main and grab one. If you aren't in combat then you would care for airtrans to take you back to main to grab a vehicle and not worry about respawning.

As far as people using vehicles as individual transports, it goes back to "why are you spawning at main instead of with your squad?" The guys spawning at main over and over are probably not in a squad which is wrong already.