Schoff426

URL for admins & bans

This is a great feature. Definitely looking forward to implementing this on our servers.

I know my question is premature, but I'm simply trying to plan ahead. I've got a busy schedule this time of year and want to be able to update our servers timely

Question:

Where should the URL's point to? Can I link a text document in Google Drive? Does anyone plan on using a specific method?

I figured maybe someone here would have some experience with this outside of Squad.

Thanks,

Hello,

Set up a small webserver on your gameserver. (assuming you have a dedicated box) Host a .txt or .cfg whatever on that webserver and point that file at it.  It will run when the server starts up and changes maps.

example URL would be http://127.0.0.1:80/Squadbans/banlist.cfg-- meaning you are running the webserver ON the server itself.  Block the webserver from serving anyone on the outside via firewall.

The directory you install the webserver will be where you need to keep your banlist (be default)

This works with bans -- its not yet working(or i have not)for adminlists.

A simpler solution would be to use a service that allows you to paste text and gives you have a public URL to it, for example, gist.github.com, pastebin.com, etc.

A simpler solution would be to use a service that allows you to paste text and gives you have a public URL to it, for example, gist.github.com, pastebin.com, etc.

Not sure if thats more 'simple' or not.  Also if you dont want public accessible then you do it all internally like i have it set. It took about 2 minutes to set it up.

Not sure if thats more 'simple' or not. Also if you dont want public accessible then you do it all internally like i have it set. It took about 2 minutes to set it up.

Most services of this kind allows you to make it private.

And if you don't any knowleadge with webservers then it's definately simpler.

Most services of this kind allows you to make it private.

And if you don't any knowleadge with webservers then it's definately simpler.

I suppose. I literally installed a tiny webserver and put the files i wanted to host in the directoy..and ...thats literally it. no skill needed whosoever.

Not sure how it can be private when its just a URL being accessed.. there is no way to use something w. a user name and password.