Chuc

Alpha 4 Update

I have fps drops while opening map and on squad channel talks.

I have closed audio filter, changed speakers to stereo mode 

But nothing changed.

Squad developers , why don't you solve this problem for AMD users?

it's killing my game performance and fps dropping to 25 fps reqularly while squad talking , even in red- sometimes 9-10 fps

My spects

FX 8320 @ 4.4 ghz

R9 290 x 

25 fps is a joke for this system :-)

Regards

Some comments regarding AMD:

I have an AMD Phenom II 4X 965 (quad core at 3.4GHZ no overclock). 

I know that this is not enough for Squad but This is interesting to note that  in previous versions of Squad, The game would so highly max out my CPU usage so that my audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett 8i6) would fail  terribly and just stopped working.

Now It's working great although I have audio spikes still with the interface sometimes. I think It's good to just not use  audio interfaces that have high CPU usage with Squad.

Great work on the update notice some nice performance boost here and there.. But I noticed a strange bug for me textures look pixelated at times.

393380_2016-02-05_00001.png?psid=1

I noticed Ambient Occlusion causes this for me so i turn it off.

Good lord this stuff never changes...two decades of the same passing the buck.

Processors are different. MBs are different. GPUs are different. Ram is difference. Engines are different. 

Its not the fault of you, or AMD, or the Squad devs, or the UE4 engine guys. Its simply the way it is. There is no hotfix to be done, there is nothing to "fix". Thats why you never get a straight answer. Sometimes you just lost the PC lottery.

It could be as simple as a bottleneck with your GPU and processor, or even your HD, or sound card has some sort of conflict, or is just bad in combination with something else, or just bad altogether, or your drivers arent up to date, or have bugs. It could be a combination of any of these things. 

Then you have to understand, Offworld is not a team of people whose goal it is, to get their game to run at consistent performance across a wide array of machines and all the possible combinations, because they arent going to sell as many copies as say Fallout 4.  If theres a feature (directional water anyone? AO?) that doesnt work well on some systems in Fallout 4...Bethesda cuts that feature. Thats why you didnt get AO or directional water in Skyrim, even though they could have added it and it would have worked fine on a number of systems.

Squad is not going to have smoke cut or dumbed down to work on every possible machine...theyd be sacrificing their success in a niche genre, to please a mass audience that will never exist.

Everyone can pass the buck on to UE, or Offworld, or each other, or AMD, but the reality is, some small percentage of PCs will always have trouble running indy products through no ones fault. No one is going to fix that. You just have to buy new hardware. For all of the people Squad runs fantastic for, theres some other game out there that runs terribly because of the PC and components they have.

If you get extremely lucky, eventually, the things that are bottlenecking will be identified and you know how to set your profile (or the devs, if youre super extremely lucky will detect your pc type and adjust your ini and cfgs someday after its discovered). That if you have AMD, and such and such a sound card, ram, GPU, etc, you cant use AO, because it tanks. Or whatever. Some CPUs and GPUs just dont do certain things well together.

Processors are different. MBs are different. GPUs are different. Ram is difference. Engines are different. 

Its not the fault of you, or AMD, or the Squad devs, or the UE4 engine guys. Its simply the way it is. There is no hotfix to be done, there is nothing to "fix". Thats why you never get a straight answer. Sometimes you just lost the PC lottery.

It could be as simple as a bottleneck with your GPU and processor, or even your HD, or sound card has some sort of conflict, or is just bad in combination with something else, or just bad altogether, or your drivers arent up to date, or have bugs. It could be a combination of any of these things. 

Then you have to understand, Offworld is not a team of people whose goal it is, to get their game to run at consistent performance across a wide array of machines and all the possible combinations, because they arent going to sell as many copies as say Fallout 4.  If theres a feature (directional water anyone? AO?) that doesnt work well on some systems in Fallout 4...Bethesda cuts that feature. Thats why you didnt get AO or directional water in Skyrim, even though they could have added it and it would have worked fine on a number of systems.

Squad is not going to have smoke cut or dumbed down to work on every possible machine...theyd be sacrificing their success in a niche genre, to please a mass audience that will never exist.

Everyone can pass the buck on to UE, or Offworld, or each other, or AMD, but the reality is, some small percentage of PCs will always have trouble running indy products through no ones fault. No one is going to fix that. You just have to buy new hardware. For all of the people Squad runs fantastic for, theres some other game out there that runs terribly because of the PC and components they have.

If you get extremely lucky, eventually, the things that are bottlenecking will be identified and you know how to set your profile (or the devs, if youre super extremely lucky will detect your pc type and adjust your ini and cfgs someday after its discovered). That if you have AMD, and such and such a sound card, ram, GPU, etc, you cant use AO, because it tanks. Or whatever. Some CPUs and GPUs just dont do certain things well together.

Well said Agree 100%

I just dont understand why the new scopes for the AK/AKM/RPK for the Russian and partwise for the Militian are higher zoomed in than f.e. the Marksman riflers (SVD & ACOG) ... and the ACOG sensitivity bug is still there yet ready to be fixed... it is the only gun were your sensitivity is like 1/2 of all other weapons

would to appreciate to get these things fixed... i dont know if the new optics are supposed to be that high zoom attachments but i thought it will some kind of an PSO 3,4 - 4x .. its kinda weird that the Marksman (who fill up the sniper class to this point - i hope there will come real bolt action sniper rifles in the future like the M24, M40aX, SV-98 and so on...) has got a scope which doesnt give him the amount of zoom than a Rifleman with an optic has

and the M4a1 ACOG sensitivity bug can not be done on purpose.. because i think then the SVD would have the same effect - but it hasn't

thanks and have a good one

"It could be as simple as a bottleneck with your GPU and processor, or even your HD, or sound card has some sort of conflict, or is just bad in combination with something else, or just bad altogether, or your drivers arent up to date, or have bugs. It could be a combination of any of these things. "

I don't agree this sentence , because my system are working with 90 fps at shadow of mordor, with 85 fps at insurgency at ultra settings without bottleneck (My gpu usage %95 - %100 in this games, my cpu usage %60-%75)

I can play all this games flawless, so it's not about my computer configuration.

Interestingly at Squad , I can see same pattern, but with 25- 35 fps at max in 72 people servers. I have turned all settings low or all settings ultra but nothing changed.

In firing range, If I turn all settings to low , I can see 200 fps easily, but when entering multiplayer server with same setting pattern, it's dropping suddenly 30 fps at 72 player servers..

At least %10 - 20 of owners, that I think , using AMD cpus ..No I don't think to buy new pc for one game and I'm waiting to be corrected

Thanks your reply BTW, but I'm waiting an explanation from game developers..

I just dont understand why the new scopes for the AK/AKM/RPK for the Russian and partwise for the Militian are higher zoomed in than f.e. the Marksman riflers (SVD & ACOG) ... and the ACOG sensitivity bug is still there yet ready to be fixed... it is the only gun were your sensitivity is like 1/2 of all other weapons

would to appreciate to get these things fixed... i dont know if the new optics are supposed to be that high zoom attachments but i thought it will some kind of an PSO 3,4 - 4x .. its kinda weird that the Marksman (who fill up the sniper class to this point - i hope there will come real bolt action sniper rifles in the future like the M24, M40aX, SV-98 and so on...) has got a scope which doesnt give him the amount of zoom than a Rifleman with an optic has

and the M4a1 ACOG sensitivity bug can not be done on purpose.. because i think then the SVD would have the same effect - but it hasn't

thanks and have a good one

Having only played with those rifles on the range I can't say how they play individually in combat. The fact the AK+optic had a higher magnification does seem to push it to the marksman class above the svd now. Very strange. I guess it was intensional and I would be interested in the logic behind that decision.

You do generalise in what seems to be a very specific problem with AMD users and the audio system in UE4 and Squad. In these situations when the exact cause is unknown the buck tends to get passed a lot. That buck might not even land on the correct desk. Microsoft has been mentioned before and I wouldn't skip over their inclusion from the list.

How many AMD users the problem is affecting is hard to determine so it could be down to individual pc combinations by a very vocal minority of the total AMD user base. I do suspect it's very widespread and should receive attention to find the root cause. Whether that amounts to a fix and who carries the buck should be known deffinitivly and not cast aside as a pc lottery outcome.

Just now noticed that the number of special weapon kits is restricted to three per squad. Quite annoying, if you ask me. Sure, squad structure is completely out of whack, but what do you expect when the rifleman is as useless as it currently is? With the way it is now this restriction is annoying and makes Squads less effective and in the future it won't be necessary because there will likely be more use for the rifleman, but all this does in the meantime is make Squads less flexible.

Just now noticed that the number of special weapon kits is restricted to three per squad. Quite annoying, if you ask me. Sure, squad structure is completely out of whack, but what do you expect when the rifleman is as useless as it currently is? With the way it is now this restriction is annoying and makes Squads less effective and in the future it won't be necessary because there will likely be more use for the rifleman, but all this does in the meantime is make Squads less flexible.

They did buff riflemen with an extra second grenade and extra magazines to allow for some more suppression.

I personally like the change. I always found it strange that a squad could have 8 support/special classes and just 1 regular rifleman.

They did buff riflemen with an extra second grenade and extra magazines to allow for some more suppression.

I personally like the change. I always found it strange that a squad could have 8 support/special classes and just 1 regular rifleman.

Didn't notice that 2nd nade. That makes a bit of a difference...

It also means that Squads have to kinda choose a specialty they want, whether its lots of bullets down range, or AT, or precision-fire... Interesting compromises to be considered.

2nd nade is only for iron or red dot sight riflemen. Good change IMO.

Also, the new rally point system is much less spammy. Thank you! But I have to agree that the new medic marker could be better but the maps look really damn good now.

It means the rifleman should get picked in advance parties as he's very useful clearing compound now. Once more SL realise his benefits.

big improvement on performance

however the aiming still feels unnatural and completely unintuitive

This latest patch has been incredible for the game, it now really feels like each match has more purpose and fire fights are more deliberate. In the previous version it occasionally felt run and gun but that has really changed. The map changes have played a massive part in that. Fools Road...Amazing.

"It's simply the way it is" is not an answer.  There is always an answer, sometimes it just takes longer to find the solution.  Now somewhere, whether it is the game software, AMD hardware or the UE4 engine there is a problem.  It could be a combo of things, something here and something there, and it is going to take some cooperation between all parties to find the answer.

Then you have to understand, Offworld is not a team of people whose goal it is, to get their game to run at consistent performance across a wide array of machines and all the possible combinations, because they arent going to sell as many copies as say Fallout 4.

I agree with your point about a percentage of people having issues with indie games.  I understand that indie developers don't have the resources like larger companies who have dedicated teams looking into issues such as the one present in Squad.  The statement above though just sounds so wrong lol, you are selling the developers short here.  Sure the developers have their target audience (PR etc.) and want to expand upon it.  But it should be one of the top priorities to, eventually, ensure their game can be run across multiple setups.  Within the minimum/recommended specs of course, in theory if you meet the requirements you should be able to run the software, when you're lurking around minimum than you should understand you may have issues.  A good amount of people having issues have pretty decent PCs, whether AMD CPU or Intel CPU.  Thankfully most people understand Squad is still in the Alpha stage.  It can only get better with time.

"It's simply the way it is" is not an answer.  There is always an answer, sometimes it just takes longer to find the solution.  Now somewhere, whether it is the game software, AMD hardware or the UE4 engine there is a problem.  It could be a combo of things, something here and something there, and it is going to take some cooperation between all parties to find the answer.

I agree with your point about a percentage of people having issues with indie games.  I understand that indie developers don't have the resources like larger companies who have dedicated teams looking into issues such as the one present in Squad.  The statement above though just sounds so wrong lol, you are selling the developers short here.  Sure the developers have their target audience (PR etc.) and want to expand upon it.  But it should be one of the top priorities to, eventually, ensure their game can be run across multiple setups.  Within the minimum/recommended specs of course, in theory if you meet the requirements you should be able to run the software, when you're lurking around minimum than you should understand you may have issues.  A good amount of people having issues have pretty decent PCs, whether AMD CPU or Intel CPU.  Thankfully most people understand Squad is still in the Alpha stage.  It can only get better with time.

I Couldn't explained it better myself.

Anyone else get Screen flickering since this Update in Game?

Other games works perfect but Squad is unplayable since Alpha 4.

Video:

Anyone else get Screen flickering since this Update in Game?

Other games works perfect but Squad is unplayable since Alpha 4.

Video:

It's Motion Blur.

Make sure Motion Blur = OFF and make sure that Motion Blur Detail = OFF also. Both in the graphics settings.