Chuc

Alpha 4 Update

It appears that this update has lowered my fps.  I know my system isn't up to par but this is crazy.  The UE4 engine

needs a lot of work.  They should have just used the frostbite engine so we can all get decent playablility.

My current system:

Phenom II 840 3.2ghz

4gb DDR3 1333

HD6850 1gb DDR5

I have another 4gb ram coming and a GTX 950.  If that doesn't make it playable then next is

to upgrade too either i5 4590 or i3 at 3.7 ghz. 

Like some of the changes I have seen on maps.  But had an issue at one point where I hit enter to look at squad and map... then when I went back out, my character did not respond to mouse movements.

Yea, I had that too, not sure what actually caused the bug. Could still re-open the map and such but my character was frozen. Took a few times spamming the spawn screen/map to get control back.

If I can recreate it I'll post a bug report.

Like some of the changes I have seen on maps.  But had an issue at one point where I hit enter to look at squad and map... then when I went back out, my character did not respond to mouse movements.

I get this a lot, just need to click the mouse and it's working again for me.

Very nice! What are your specs again?

For those wondering why there is such a difference between Jensens range frame rates and a full live server, well, A theres a lot more to calculate, but B,  this is partly the current animation system. Fingers crossed once our intrepid programmers wrestle this into something more efficient, we should see some healthy gains towards the higher numbers AND getting some higher playercounts rolling. Getting the average player to 80 fps would be lovely....... 

so we artists can crush it down to 30 again by adding parallax to everything  :D

Agh Chora AAS 2 gettimng 40 fps :(

Any news on the map bug? Having to press my map button 5/6 times before it sticks on my screen is really deadly on the battlefield, not even to mention highly annoying...

:rolleyes: not too keen on the time delay added to swapping thru your kit , only noticed it while playing as medic .. its a 1 second increase but in game that feels like an eternity!

why wait when you can click?

When my map won't stay open I just hit the M key a few times and it's fixed. With the mouse bug when you can't click or exit the spawn/enter screen try hitting escape and then you can click.

And yes as for switching weapons/gear, just left mouse click when it's highlighted and it will switch instantly. I like this feature as its prevented me from switching to items I did not intend to select

Nice Update, play some rounds and it works well. Some small bugs...problem with motion blur, when its on and i move my weapon it looks distorted and i get a ram error when i close the game.

Also, it appears that the FOB 400m spacing thingy is... not quite working any more.

I just entered a match that looked like this...

Fidhldd.jpg

The admin on the server enabled a cheat allowing them to do that.

Everything running well and smooth. Great update! I really can't wait until the devs increase bullet damage. I still have been having issues and frustration when a well placed shot doesn't cause the enemy to drop/flinch/ incap and they insta turn and spray me. Its just frustrating when you know that a rifle caliber gun should SOMETIMES put someone down with a well placed body shot (or AT LEAST cause someone to flinch)... but no, as it is, we still shrug off bullets like terminators. Cant wait for some time of bullet damage behavior changes.. or even better yet, slightly increased weapon damage. 

Thank for the amazing update!

Need two to the chest

Nice Update, play some rounds and it works well. Some small bugs...problem with motion blur, when its on and i move my weapon it looks distorted and i get a ram error when i close the game.

Yeah looking into it. We are moving over to setting all the post process exclusively through menu settings and standardizing all the map specific post process settings. I will investigate motion blur a bit more as part of that. 

Also quality and ON/OFF switch will be whittled down for next release.. we just wanted to expose as much as we could first. let people play with settings.. let us know preferences. 

Agh Chora AAS 2 gettimng 40 fps :(

consider that good for Chora atm. it hasnt really been hardened or optimized yet.  :)

consider that good for Chora atm. it hasnt really been hardened or optimized yet.   :)

we need better PCs  :D  :ph34r:

About mouse bug: just press twice esc (to get in and out of menu). It worked every time for me.

nice update i'm getting worst fps though i have AMD, hope this gets better for the next update in terms of performance anyways i like the new roles and maps changes :D

Few hours of testing.

Goood:

Love the new content

Nice map changes

Smoke grenades

Medic icons

Wepons gas effects

EAC

Scopes, finally, nice!

Alot of minor but important changes, all in all good job devs!

Not so good:

Smoke grenades has larges fps impact than before

Map has problems, have to push the button alot at times before it stays open

New scopes zoom to much in comparrison to svd and acog

Bloom and lense flare..who want blurry? Who wants to have it look like you are watching thw game trough a lens ? Tbh its not worth spending time on theese effects, they are already unpopular for as long as i been playing games.

Still no love for AMD cpu's.

Nope, we are in a conspiracy with Intel and nVidia to destroy AMD, in case you haven't seen that thread yet. /sarcoff

This 4.0 patch should fix a lot of AMD CPU issues.  If you still have problems turn your Effects to off and also turn off your Radio Filter.

Really wish you could revert the Medic icon in the hotfix. It was a pointless change that makes it completely impossible for me to identify my own squad's medics. I have to mouse over individual medics to see what squad they're part of, and we all know how flawlessly that works.

I wouldn't focus on the UI too much at the moment. Much of it will change and this was a temp. fix due to all the complaints of the medic symbol being too small. I can most certainly tell what the colors are and I run 1440 res. Just zoom in for the time being.

i have tried running this in direct x 12, and it seems to run as good as with direct x 11..... i still get some stutter etc but not as much... before this update i could not use direct x 12, it would skip a lot

can devs answer whether they have done any work in this update for it to run better with direct x 12? or is this some anomaly?

None

Bleeding tickets does not fit this game, and this is a game that feels better if everyone focuses on strategy when the tickets are about to run out.

Now, this will feel more like Battlefield and it will likely be less teamspeaking..

The game needs ticket bleed or the objectives mean nothing. I'm fine with gamemodes that embrace self-build objectives, but for AAS, bleed needs to be there.

Some of the rounds feel much shorter, and that's fine, easy solution is adding more tickets. Is this something server owners can set in config files?

Honestly, I don't recall bleed in PR at all, this was simply a long meeting Z-Trooper and I had doing math to improve the importance of the objectives. Our game was literally about kills and nothing else mattered. Now we have games where "not playing the objective" will guarantee you will lose the match. In fact, my very first match was Militia vs. Russia and Militia won by 80+ tickets with approximately 40 kills less than the Russians, specifically because we held more zones than the Russians. There are severe penalties for not defending, but ALSO not attacking. Do we need to tweak the amount of tickets? Sure, we will most definitely be watching to see what the pace is like. Did this need to happen? OH GOD yes.

i know the difference in real life, the calibre and so on... but in game i noticed no difference at all... but thank you sir  ;)

There is most definitely a difference in our game. You may not "perceive" there to be one, but behind the scenes, there most definitely is. I prefer the AK74 myself, I take it over the M4 any day when I play Militia.

No mention of fixing jittery aim while using scoped weapons?

Don't you even dare!