Chuc

Alpha 4 Update

Really wish you could revert the Medic icon in the hotfix. It was a pointless change that makes it completely impossible for me to identify my own squad's medics. I have to mouse over individual medics to see what squad they're part of, and we all know how flawlessly that works.

Just need to make the symbol a little smaller imho

Works great for me. I can see my specific medics as well as other squads. Colors still work. I prefer the red crosses. Not sure why the guy above me can't tell who's medics are his. I can still see green/blue with the cross.

I increased some of my graphic settings and I still got an increase in FPS. Bravo. Intel/nvidia here.

Was assuming the Russian optic was going to be a red dot without magnification, but it makes sense that they put in something with magnification to go up against acogs. I know people were requesting that.

Only played one game but I liked everything. For some reason I could have sworn I had multiple confirmed kills but only 1 showed up at the end of the round. Could be wrong though I guess, possibly squad mates fired the kill shot on a couple guys I shot.

Really cool though. Really like the performance improvement. Going to have to hit the range to see how the bullet drop is on the 7.62x39 rifles now that it's been changed.

Only played one game but I liked everything. For some reason I could have sworn I had multiple confirmed kills but only 1 showed up at the end of the round. Could be wrong though I guess, possibly squad mates fired the kill shot on a couple guys I shot.

Could also be that the enemies got revived, you dont get a kill if they do that.

With an ultra wide aspect ratio set up the FOV does not scale properly and in some cases 120 FOV is too small and turns out to be comparable to about 80 FOV on a normal screen. I used to be able to type in a value and apply the setting. I usually used around 145 for a triple monitor setup which would give me something between 90 and 100 FOV on the center screen. (see FOV study for visual example: http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/7520-v31-triple-monitor163-basically-works-now/#entry121393 )

I understand the lower limit may be necessary to prevent people from using the FOV as binoculars but I propose that the upper limit be raised to 160

Just need to make the symbol a little smaller imho

They should just change the medic Symbol to be a White Blip. With a Blue/Green ring around it depending on its relations with your squad/team.

We are releasing a 4.1 hotfix right now!

It addresses the following:
  • Fixed player counts not reporting properly in steam.
  • Fixed server config parsing issues.
  • Fixed a layer of fools road which had incorrect spawning rules and unlimited kits.
  • Removed server messages from single player.
  • Other minor bug and crash fixes.

Both servers and clients will need to update.

A note to server admins, please change the property name of MaxNumPlayers to MaxPlayers in Server.cfg now. This property will now parse properly.

Enjoy!

Unless, like myself and many others, high FOV causes headaches and sickness. My heart sank when I read this and made an account just to put this forward to the devs. FOV for most is not a way to get an advantage over the enemy, its a necessity to stop headache/motion sickness. I hope the devs can think again about this please. Even 80 was slightly high for me and gave me a slight headache. We are all different and what may be fine for one is not for another. It can be down to a persons eyes/perseption or monitor size, but to limit the FOV will cause problems for some, including myself.

that's interesting, I've never actually heard of someone having issues with high FOV. I myself find I have problems with low FOV and usually have to have it at a minimum of 110, depending on what's in my immediate view in-game. I also wear contacts/glasses while I play.

I got some serious issues with framedrops that are caused when allot of explosions happen, first it was also happening when multiple people were using VOIP, but i used the fix where you remove two files and that was fixed, but still sometimes have them. Did not happen before the 4.0 update.

looks good, some good new features.... but i am experiencing FPS drops... it will go from 30ish to 5-10 for a bit... stutter etc.... i can turn all new settings off and it still happens

Bleeding tickets does not fit this game, and this is a game that feels better if everyone focuses on strategy when the tickets are about to run out.
Now, this will feel more like Battlefield and it will likely be less teamspeaking..

Bleeding tickets does not fit this game, and this is a game that feels better if everyone focuses on strategy when the tickets are about to run out

Now, this will feel more like Battlefield and it will likely be less teamspeaking..

Project Reality got ticket bleed by default.

Since the update, from me talking to randoms in Multiplayer, the highest FPS I've heard someone was getting was 65. Most are getting on average 35-50. As someone who can run 100-250+ on other shooting games maxed out, this isn't that great. Hopefully Optimization takes a massive turn from now until full release. 

That's quite strange. I got a pretty significant FPS boost on this update. 

I have, but only on the Training Range (Getting 100+), every main Multiplayer map, Im getting no higher than 65.

many people it is performing better now, for me it is running like dogshit ....... just then i got fps drop then it just close, no crash info etc... i get a lot of stuttering, there is little smoothness... whatever was done obviously is not in the interest of AMD cpu's,  i have a fx 8350 so it is fairly decent , no matter i turn all the new options off it changes nothing, i could put the game to the lowest settings and i see no difference to what it is like on epic apart from it looks crappy

Played my first game on the new update, it was on Sumari. Ended up getting FPS hits when people talked over the radio, never had this issue before and I'm running on an AMD rig.  :(

FPS went from  ~35fps to ~25 and lower. I'll play some more maps and update if anything changes. Having said that this new update is really, really cool. Keep up the good work.

I'm having the same issue.  Game stutters and its crashed once so far.

Great update!!! It feels much more polished now... forest map look so much better now! And that smoke effects... f****** AMAZING! Thx for great work, guys!