Chuc

Alpha 4 Released

Not so good:

Bloom and lense flare..who want blurry? Who wants to have it look like you are watching thw game trough a lens ? Tbh its not worth spending time on theese effects, they are already unpopular for as long as i been playing games.

We spent time on the post processing effects because 1. they were already implemented in the engine and 2. they were already implemented in the engine.

Honestly, I don't recall bleed in PR at all, this was simply a long meeting Z-Trooper and I had doing math to improve the importance of the objectives. Our game was literally about kills and nothing else mattered. Now we have games where "not playing the objective" will guarantee you will lose the match. In fact, my very first match was Militia vs. Russia and Militia won by 80+ tickets with approximately 40 kills less than the Russians, specifically because we held more zones than the Russians. There are severe penalties for not defending, but ALSO not attacking. Do we need to tweak the amount of tickets? Sure, we will most definitely be watching to see what the pace is like. Did this need to happen? OH GOD yes.

You're right, there is no ticketbleed in PR (apart from when 1 team caps all flags) and it has always bothered me that the flags really didnt matter unless you had either all or none of them. So im glad its being implemented, as long as its a very minor bleed. Just enough to incentivise players to go on the offencive, not so much that it forces everyone to always be rushing for the flags. That would speed the gameplay up too much and take away the time to strategize.

Few hours of testing.

Goood:

Love the new content

Nice map changes

Smoke grenades

Medic icons

Wepons gas effects

EAC

Scopes, finally, nice!

Alot of minor but important changes, all in all good job devs!

Not so good:

Smoke grenades has larges fps impact than before

Map has problems, have to push the button alot at times before it stays open

New scopes zoom to much in comparrison to svd and acog

Bloom and lense flare..who want blurry? Who wants to have it look like you are watching thw game trough a lens ? Tbh its not worth spending time on theese effects, they are already unpopular for as long as i been playing games.

totally agree

Was there a "tweaking" for the Ak systems? Some guys today taking 5/6 shots to the back and not dying all AK systems involved. Seeing huge gushes of blood one after another and no dead body made me angry today. Also the SAW is getting out of hand. Today had people using it like a death ray on full auto.

And Full Auto everywhere...

Was there a "tweaking" for the Ak systems? Some guys today taking 5/6 shots to the back and not dying all AK systems involved. Seeing huge gushes of blood one after another and no dead body made me angry today. Also the SAW is getting out of hand. Today had people using it like a death ray on full auto.

And Full Auto everywhere...

There is an exploit being tossed around at the moment. Unfortunately, it will take time for the anti-cheat systems to collect data before anything is done. Anti-cheat isn't 100% "flip the switch, everyone banned" sort of thing.

I know a lot of people don't know much about how anti-cheat works, but that is probably for a good reason. ;) Chaulk it up to "alpha" and wait for the bans to start.

Ok I'm having some weird fps drops today, maybe after this patch today... i never had this issue, i was running on lower fps because AMD but never had fps drops like today, fps drop to 5 for about few seconds, then its ok then again, its not VOIP issue i think because it happens when nobody talks...

EDIT: It happens too when someone talks but it happens every several seconds... it's unplayable for me today, i don't want touch radio filter because then i have stuttering, when i leave it alone it's ok, it was playable before with no fps drops, i had stable fps, but now it's really unplayable for me.

guys... i have to say it, be aware of the rpk74 witht the scope (thats also yet a good weapon without the scope) ... that thing is amazingly accurate for 1 shot, bursts or even full auto spamming.... i can do things with it that are definitely not possible (at least so easy) with the AK derivates

Don't know about you, but at first glance I can't tell if that's a medic of my Squad. I liked the old medic icons better.

hDgTpiJ.jpg

I think you can, if you notice down near your green SL marked 2 you can see a medic on your squad that is clearly green. But I see what you mean. They could be a bit smaller. And like they said the gui is just a placeholder right now, all subject to change.

Also if you increase your FOV a bit then the scope zoom won't seem as intense. It actually looks more realistic if you increase the FOV, in my opinion. Just to see what I mean, crank your FOV all the way up to max and see what the scope looks like when zoomed. Then go back and find a good spot somewhere in the middle of that and what you're currently at.

The new medic icon is much harder to spot and makes me rather confused in combat and I would much prefer to have the old one back or if you could at least remove that red dot from the marker or change it to a cross.

Anti-aliasing (temporal), auto exposure, bloom effects don't seem to work for me. Any idea?

The new medic icon is much harder to spot and makes me rather confused in combat and I would much prefer to have the old one back or if you could at least remove that red dot from the marker or change it to a cross.

What resolution are you at?

I'm at 1080p and couldn't see the older black crosses barely at all. All squad mates looked the same to me unless I really focused. With the new red Cross I can easily see who is a medic now.

Im thinking you are running a resolution below 1920x1080, is that right?

What resolution are you at?

I'm at 1080p and couldn't see the older black crosses barely at all. All squad mates looked the same to me unless I really focused. With the new red Cross I can easily see who is a medic now.

Im thinking you are running a resolution below 1920x1080, is that right?

1080p with all settings maxed out except for AA.

That's interesting, I don't know why it's difficult to see then. I like the change personally, but they could be smaller too.

why wait when you can click?

The admin on the server enabled a cheat allowing them to do that.

This Trancer guy's killin me. :lol:

Honestly, I don't recall bleed in PR at all, this was simply a long meeting Z-Trooper and I had doing math to improve the importance of the objectives. Our game was literally about kills and nothing else mattered. Now we have games where "not playing the objective" will guarantee you will lose the match. In fact, my very first match was Militia vs. Russia and Militia won by 80+ tickets with approximately 40 kills less than the Russians, specifically because we held more zones than the Russians. There are severe penalties for not defending, but ALSO not attacking. Do we need to tweak the amount of tickets? Sure, we will most definitely be watching to see what the pace is like. Did this need to happen? OH GOD yes.

Yea I think its absolutely fantastic. As I said, I dont mind the idea of alternate sandbox-based gamemodes but it was frustrating to have "objective" game modes with objectives that didnt matter. Seems from here out tuning the round-length is just a matter of finding the right number of tickets, which is an easy thing to change I imagine. Very happy to see this change.

Much love to the team.

The "Horsehead nebula" map without spawn locations bug is also still in!

jap! still get that server-killing bug -.- if no admin is on the server is empty very soon, which is very, very annoying cause it takes a lot of time to get it populated first.

i have a rented server by g-portal, added all maps in cycle via the webinterface, so i guess they must be written correctly?!

Thanks, please let us know if VoIP still lags/hitches as well...

I am hearing reports on frame drop when using VoIP in game, if this is related. Although not experiencing this myself I have seen several different reports of this from the BigD community. Loving the release though, nice work.

dOUUSUV.jpg

I am hearing reports on frame drop when using VoIP in game, if this is related. Although not experiencing this myself I have seen several different reports of this from the BigD community. Loving the release though, nice work.

dOUUSUV.jpg

It has been mentioned and discussed about 58 times.

Turn off radio filter and if that doesn't work turn off other audio options.

I turned off radio filter before even playing after reading about it and I haven't experienced any issues myself

Anti-aliasing (temporal), auto exposure, bloom effects don't seem to work for me. Any idea?

Only me?