Kalbouneh

New system advise

Actually, a decent DAC (Fiio makes some quality budget stuff) + onboard (with like ALC1150) + good headphones that are also friendly to your wallet (Sony MDR7506 for instance) would go a long way.

Paying $600 (roughly the cost of what you posted) is not an option for most of the people gaming, and saying it sounds 1000 times better than onboard is, well, and uneducated statement. You can get a $50 DAC + onboard you already have + $80 headphones, and you're covered for gaming and everything in between if you feel the need for better sound quality.

Reason why I added "but money comes with it so its just additionnal stuff" ;) (got both for ~350 total, discounts) however, I agree.

Its absolutely not mandatory, but for the love of music (not only gaming) its something to consider. And for gaming, all games sound MUCH better with such an audio stuff.

That EVGA 600B PSU has ample 12V for any GPU (49A) although you will not be able to add another 970 in SLi if you think you may want to one day.

SLI is generally only worthwhile if one video card truly isn't going to cut it, like with 4k or multi monitor. Otherwise you're better off getting a single faster card and upgrading it again when it gets old.

This could help you in your choices (Jordan is not in the country choice, sry but still helpful).

They DON'T have the BEST choices, but this will give you ideas, just dig little more by yourself.

IMO the best MB are not custom ones (on the contrary custom GPUs like ASUS, MSI, EVGA... are often better choices than AMD/nVidia original ones for clocks and cooling) so I'd go for ASUS first. Plus ASUS and Gigabyte ones often have the lowest RMA rate (french link) year after year.

1151 chip => I'd pay 10$ more for this one (or an ASUS armored Sabertooth one for longer lifespan and more additional ports, even if you can save your ASUS standard MB too if you take care of it).

+ a 6600K (OCable) for 60$ more.

Same for DDR4 memory : choose a good brand ! (Kingston ++, Corsair ++, Crucial ; G.Skill is good ;) )

... and same for your GPU (ASUS Strix : nice !)

Dont forget to upgrade your cooling system (if you have still some money to spend) as your components temps wil determine their lifespan. I prefer to spend more $$ on some good components PLUS a very effective cooling system (in my case, Noctua fans) instead of heating ones that I'll have to change within the next 2-3 years.

In a word : spending little more money on some good components is the best way no to have to spend more $$ in RMA later. What I always did (and I'm not as rich as Midas) and never encountered any problem.

A french maxim says "I'm too poor to buy low-end products" ;)

you are right computers and components are very limited in this country, yes spend a little more and dont look back. :) thank you you guys are awsome.

Good spot.

MrOcto has listed a nice machine for you there. I hope it's in your budget. He even found the Samsung SSD at a great price.

yes he actually did well my budget was around 700-750 but ill pay the 200 extra its worth it.

That motherboard is DDR4, and you have DDR3 memory on that list, so that won't work.

I looked at that site you used and made you a build:

Cpu cooler: http://citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_67_137&product_id=1466

Cpu: http://citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_64_99_210&product_id=2198

Motherboard: http://citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_72&product_id=2317&filter=STOCKS=a=b=c(good board, supports i5 6400 overclocking)

RAM: http://citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_65_111_314&product_id=2254&filter=STOCKS=a=b=c(it's 1x8gb since they have limited stock and it's best price/performance on that site, you can add another one down the line, not much of a difference between single and dual channel for gaming anyway)

PSU: http://citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_78&product_id=1694&filter=STOCKS=a=b=c(again, since there are limited items on stock, this one is best from what they got)

SSD: http://citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_84_182&product_id=1643&filter=STOCKS=a=b=c(very good and reliable ssd, I have one as well)

GPU: http://citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_86&product_id=1579&filter=STOCKS=a=b=c(from what they have available it's probably the best one)

Case: http://citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_62&product_id=372&filter=STOCKS=a=b=c (has 1x140mm front intake and 1x120mm exhaust at the back, so there should be enough airflow)

DVD drive: http://citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_76&product_id=1801&filter=STOCKS=a=b=c

It will run every game on high settings at 1080p and will be super quiet.

I would not buy a 6600k if you're on a budget, would use that i5 6400 OC'd to something like 4ghz (completely safe since they are nerfing these chips on purpose to meet supply demands) and get something like a i7 6700k in two years time if you feel you need more power. But if you can afford it now (it's 50 jod aka 65€ more), get the 6600k now and be done with it I guess. But myself, I always look for best bang for the buck and that i5 6400 overclocked is definitely it.

Good luck!

mrocto i dont know how to thank you , and the rest of the guys that gave their time to advise and help very much appreciated, Mrocto i will be going with the above as you advised today i will make the order and i will update you guys with outcome im sure it will be amazing :). thank you again mrocto.

Actually, a decent DAC (Fiio makes some quality budget stuff) + onboard (with like ALC1150) + good headphones that are also friendly to your wallet (Sony MDR7506 for instance) would go a long way.

Paying $600 (roughly the cost of what you posted) is not an option for most of the people gaming, and saying it sounds 1000 times better than onboard is, well, and uneducated statement. You can get a $50 DAC + onboard you already have + $80 headphones, and you're covered for gaming and everything in between if you feel the need for better sound quality.

A DAC completely circumvents the onboard audio chip. Its inputs are either USB (digital) or otherwise digital. Why would you need a good onboard if you get a DAC that completely circumvents it? What's the role of the onboard in this picture?

The question is whether an external DAC is an audible improvement over a good onboard audio chip like ALC1150. It's not and/and, it's either/or.

guys the computer is being put together as im posting right now,

consdering the Operating system which windows shall i install and of course it will be the 64bit version, but which windows?

Didnt understand the whole meaning of it :

DirectX 12 is exclusive to Win10 ; older Windows = DirectX 11 or lower.

If you choose Win10, accept privacy risks and use DirectX12 with it (privacy problems are not bound to DX12 but to Win10 itself)

If you choose Win7, less privacy issues but no DX12, only DX11

If you choose Win7, try it and then want to test Win10 too, you will be able to upgrade 7 to 10 (and downgrade to 7 if you dislike 10) for free through July 29, 2016. After, you have to pay for it.

I've Win7 DX11 and Squad runs absolutely well on it. Maybe it works better with DX12 and Win10, but imho its not worth my privacy.

Win7 security updates are going to last til 2020.

One last thing : if privacy is a problem you really want to take care of (as I do myself) then I suggest building a Linux system (on an independant PC of course) for your private datas, mails, files, backups and so on ; and a Win7 or 10 for games. This way you can benefit from Win10 and DX12 for games with no risks for your private life. But it comes with a lot of improvements/changes to your digital life, including the purchase of another PC for Linux.

Didnt understand the whole meaning of it :

DirectX 12 is exclusive to Win10 ; older Windows = DirectX 11 or lower.

If you choose Win10, accept privacy risks and use DirectX12 with it (privacy problems are not bound to DX12 but to Win10 itself)

If you choose Win7, less privacy issues but no DX12, only DX11

If you choose Win7, try it and then want to test Win10 too, you will be able to upgrade 7 to 10 (and downgrade to 7 if you dislike 10) for free through July 29, 2016. After, you have to pay for it.

I've Win7 DX11 and Squad runs absolutely well on it. Maybe it works better with DX12 and Win10, but imho its not worth my privacy.

Win7 security updates are going to last til 2020.

One last thing : if privacy is a problem you really want to take care of (as I do myself) then I suggest building a Linux system (on an independant PC of course) for your private datas, mails, files, backups and so on ; and a Win7 or 10 for games. This way you can benefit from Win10 and DX12 for games with no risks for your private life. But it comes with a lot of improvements/changes to your digital life, including the purchase of another PC for Linux.

ah understood ill just go with WIN7 for now maybe later on will try WIN10

thanks a lot for the info.

Windows 8.1 is also a solid choice, I've been using it for more than a year now since I switched from Windows 7 and I don't intend on going back. I did try Windows 10 and went back to 8.1 within a few days.

Glad to hear I helped you Kalbouneh.

The reason why I suggested a DAC over an expensive sound card is the fact that it converts digital to analogue without coloring the sound while still providing a balanced volume experience between different kinds of headphones.

Windows 8.1 is also a solid choice, I've been using it for more than a year now since I switched from Windows 7 and I don't intend on going back. I did try Windows 10 and went back to 8.1 within a few days.

Glad to hear I helped you Kalbouneh.

The reason why I suggested a DAC over an expensive sound card is the fact that it converts digital to analogue without coloring the sound while still providing a balanced volume experience between different kinds of headphones.

MrOcto many thanks :) , so now will i be able to receive sound from the PC or i still need to get a the soundcard ?

guys the computer is being put together as im posting right now,

Are you doing it yourself or is the shop tech building it for you? I really enjoy putting a PC together myself right up to the first switch. Nice feeling of accomplishment when it goes well and you really learn a lot how it all goes together. So much easier these days than the days of the jumper switches and IDE ribbons.

Like Nightstalker21 wrote already, no you don't need to buy an additional sound card. The onboard one will be more than enough.

The motherboard you ordered (Z170) has an audio chipset integrated, so you dont need additional soundcard.

Thats great to know, im such a noob lol and i thought i knew about computers haha

The motherboard you ordered (Z170) has an audio chipset integrated, so you dont need additional soundcard.

Thats great to know, im such a noob lol and i thought i knew about computers haha

Like Nightstalker21 wrote already, no you don't need to buy an additional sound card. The onboard one will be more than enough.

Roger that sir

Are you doing it yourself or is the shop tech building it for you? I really enjoy putting a PC together myself right up to the first switch. Nice feeling of accomplishment when it goes well and you really learn a lot how it all goes together. So much easier these days than the days of the jumper switches and IDE ribbons.

The tech guys are doing it for me , to be honest i might have some trouble putting it together i mean i would love too i have before took a computer components apart and re installed them. But with such high quality parts i dont wanna break anything by mistake since it would be my first time.

I already learned a lot from you guys really now i understand what cpu/gpu/psu/motherboard works on what. ill build one my self one day :).

Cant wait to see this baby my first custom made PC lol been wanting one since puberty lol.

The tech guys are doing it for me , to be honest i might have some trouble putting it together i mean i would love too i have before took a computer components apart and re installed them. But with such high quality parts i dont wanna break anything by mistake since it would be my first time.

I already learned a lot from you guys really now i understand what cpu/gpu/psu/motherboard works on what. ill build one my self one day :).

If you have someone on hand to help the first time it generally the best but you can build one fairly easily from info on the net. I can understand your concern with pricey components but they're probably better to deal with than the cheaper end stuff anyway.

When it's done you should have a machine that will last you a while. Don't be shy though in making any future upgrade like adding a HDD for storage or a 2nd SSD, maybe even populating your m.2 slot with one or even upgrading the onboard sound.

I hope the machine is better than you expect it to be. Let us all know how you get on and if you like the world of SSD performance. Happy gaming.

Nice :)

Hope it will please you and allow you to fully enjoy your games on SQUADDDDDDDDD :D

SYS on the battlefield !!

Im sure it will and cant wait to get Squad the new update looks amazing, regarding games there is so many games i couldn't try because of the shitty PC i had hahaha

Thank you all much lovee

If you have someone on hand to help the first time it generally the best but you can build one fairly easily from info on the net. I can understand your concern with pricey components but they're probably better to deal with than the cheaper end stuff anyway.

When it's done you should have a machine that will last you a while. Don't be shy though in making any future upgrade like adding a HDD for storage or a 2nd SSD, maybe even populating your m.2 slot with one or even upgrading the onboard sound.

I hope the machine is better than you expect it to be. Let us all know how you get on and if you like the world of SSD performance. Happy gaming.

Yeah im sure i will get my self more into building PCs i have passion for computers :), but yeah i will pick it up in a hour i will check it out over there make sure everything is right.

Of course i will be upgrading and adding components thats for sure.

I will let you guys know how it turns out in a hour or so

Thank you brotha

And for the SSD i saw a review on it and it really speed up the computer im glad that i went with the SSD

And for the SSD i saw a review on it and it really speed up the computer im glad that i went with the SSD

No. You just CAN'T compare a PC based on HDD and a PC with SSD :D :D

Believe me you'll be dependent on SSD since the first time you'll turn your PC on, and the first time you'll start Squad and see how fast it is.