Sup' lads,

With the new modular building system coming up, I just wanted to make sure we've got everything in that we want. I'm pretty sure the devs have thought this through rather well, if so i'd hope to see confirmation of these being added.

Distance - I hope that we will be able to change the distance between the object preview and our character.

Rotating - Speaks for itself, pretty sure this will be in though.

Height - This option depends, ArmA has issues with objects floating 50% above the ground, and being able to change the height rotation etc really helps with putting down structures.in a realistic way.

Snapping - Snab an object to another object, the way i'd see it is that every object for exame the simple hesco is a cube, a cube has 6 sides, so maybe put a snap point on the left,front,right,back, and top.

Objects like roadblocks will only have an option to snap objects left and right etc.

Objects groups - For example the hesco's, putting them down one by can become a little annoying when you're building something big, so maybe have the hesco menu option extend another option that lets you put 3 down in a row at once etc.

I have to take a quik break, feel free to add anything that i've missed and let me know what you think.

I had a couple solutions I came up with for some of these things last night.

Distance: Using the scroll wheel would change the distance from your character up to set limits.
Rotation: Holding the left-alt key and using the scroll wheel would rotate the object at a set speed.

In regards to object groups, you're right, building with individual HESCO barriers can be annoying. Having said that, it's definitely still useful for that to be included in the game for different little fillers that might be necessary in the fortifications you're making. I propose a system similar to PR's right click to get the alternate kit in the commo-rose. Left-clicking the HESCO option would provide you with a single HESCO, right-clicking would provide you with a HESCO barrier 3 units in length. The same could apply to the road-block and even tall wall deployable (maybe only 2 wide for that one), but likely not for the Bunker-style deployables.

I don't like snapping, from experience it often ends up hindering my building experience more than anything. I think it's an unnecessary feature. If you made it toggle-able then it just eats up another key to remember. Height is an interesting deal. It lets you fix times where the game doesn't quite get the sinking into terrain right, but at the same time it could also lead to people placing structures that are more floating above the ground than anything. Stacking becomes a problem without a height system, though there are clearly taller statics (such as the tall wall) that could be used in their stead. If a height control was added, I'd suggest a key like Q or E, of course that binding only being used while in the build commo-rose such that E, for example can, still be used to get into vehicles.

distance modifier: yes. good idea of course

Rotation: also yes probably.

snapping: yes a passive type not something over bearing and strict

Hesco lines: yes. it will be the same tool. click once draw line (of some limited size) click again.. get your shovels out. or.. click once.. click once again. single hesco. this would also apply to razor wire and possibly sandbag walls

height: deployabls are slope limited to around 15 degrees and use corner detection to make sure there isnt a big difference in corners. deployable are also presunk enough so that 15° will typically still look ok when deployed. ie. minimize floating.

Sounds good, glad you guys are putting a good deal of thought into it. Any word on whether snapping will be toggle-able though? I, for one, would really appreciate that.

Do you mean the distance between you and the asset when it is floating around while you are looking a place for it.. Most simple solution in UI side (in my mind..) would be that the distance comes from you point of aim.. Like if you aim to your "feets" object is close and if you aim to up it gets the maximum distance.

Better even if the line of aim and ground plane intersection is the place where the object is. Something like scroll wheel to rotate it. Food for thoughts.

No Quality, dont forget the shovel ;)  It will be more like PR, but with a more accurate way to place things

Instead of summoning a firebase in top of the squad and killing everyone around like it happen on PR. You will be able to place things with precision.

entrenching%20tool.png