Ground Branch, Future Indie FPS based on Specs Ops on UE4

Hi guys

I'm surprised that a thread about GB hasn't been done yet

http://www.groundbranch.com/introduction/

http://www.groundbranch.com/features/

Here is a good video that showcase GB: some interesting innovations

https://youtu.be/gLKqI4PVScI

I did a 12 min video that is currently uploading, will post it when available

This game should be in steam greenlight in about 2 mouths and if all goes well in steam EA in about 3 mouths. For now there is a tech preview build ( free ) so that you can test it and see how it performs FPS wise.

http://www.groundbranch.com/store/

With the operator edition you will have access to interval build through steam( a steam key will be provided within 24-48 hours). Bear in mind that a multi hasn't not been implemented yet, I guess it will be implemented before steam EA and only the operator edition owner could have access.

I think SQUAD and Ground Branch are 2 games that compliment each other very well :

Combined warfare , conventional army,... Vs specs ops , customizations and both on UE4 :)

Tell me what you guys think about it. I would be able to play the internal devs because I bought the operator edition ( waiting for squad Founder package now :) ), just waiting my steam key now ( provided manually ). I'll post some videos as long as there are some updates from the Devs

Thanks for the interest and support!

Just to clarify something... we do not need to go trough the Steam Greenlight process. We have been approved by Valve directly for some time now. ;)

Just to clarify something... we do not need to go trough the Steam Greenlight process. We have been approved by Valve directly for some time now. ;)

Ah Ok, perfect then  :)

By the way, here is the video, I've made

Hey cool... waiting to see you on Squads battlegrounds. ;)

Thanks for posting this up and doing the video! Really apreciate it! Really considering picking this up!

Some time now... I see forum post go back to 2007... and it's 2015...  What is the roadmap like?

Is this pvp or co-op`?

From their website:

http://www.groundbranch.com/features/

Single Player and Co-Op (More info to come)
  • Unique mission design that delivers smaller more localized sets of mission groups based around world hotspots
  • Centralized intelligence portal to monitor world hotspots and receive mission orders
  • Ability to complete missions individually or with friends
  • System designed to continually add and evolve missions over time
Multiplayer
  • Full and free Dedicated Server support. Host a server wherever you want
  • Full support for MP ladders
  • User made arm patches
  • In game 3d VOIP with ability to set comm channels within team as well as mute options
  • Full MP lobby system with pre/post game chat
  • Private password protected lobbies/rooms
  • After Action Review after each round
  • Clan/Unit friendly
  • Various adversarial and Co-op style MP game types available at launch
  • Controller support on PC

I just wanted to say I'm proud supporter of both games. I love what indie developers can do.

It's time to show big money companies we the gamers want other choices too ;)

What is the difference between Squad and Ground Branch?

Squad: Project Reality

Ground Branch: Rainbow Six + Ghost Recon

Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Yep.

Squad is "MASSIVE ONLINE 50 ON 50 SQUAD-BASED COMBINED ARMS WARFARE" with "a wide variety of support vehicles and aircraft will be included."

Ground Branch is "field craft, surveillance, small arms, hostage rescue and Close Quarters Battle."

It's been in development for what, 8 years? It promised a lot but between then and now, it doesn't seem like there's been any real progress. Don't get me wrong, there hasn't been a good game (other than obscure mods) to fill the niches Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon used to since 2004, I'd love for this to succeed but I'm not going to be holding my breath

It amuses me that the guy in the video characterizes the locker room wardrobe as "game changing".

GB looks a lot like CS but larger maps and new missions to me on the face of it anyway I could be wrong as I just checked it out...and didnt watch the full vid....cool to see what other games are doing though..

Yep.

Squad is "MASSIVE ONLINE 50 ON 50 SQUAD-BASED COMBINED ARMS WARFARE" with "a wide variety of support vehicles and aircraft will be included."

Ground Branch is "field craft, surveillance, small arms, hostage rescue and Close Quarters Battle."

Was gonna ask the same question...Thanks for reply!...Was actually scratching my head about this!... :D

To the Ground Branch Team.. Kudos guy`s.

Some time now... I see forum post go back to 2007... and it's 2015...  What is the roadmap like?

Hi,

Yes, the history is long and drawn out and honestly the story is much longer than a forum post. The main takeaway is we did a Kickstarter in 2012 that didn't make it. That was basically our prototype. We were offered a beta spot for UE4 in fall 2013 and decided to make the switch (best decision we ever made). That turned out to be a lot more work than we anticipated and everything was started over from scratch, minus a lot of the art that we had in place.

So what you are seeing is more or less a year of work (after getting up to speed on UE4 as it was being actively built) of 2 guys. ;)

I think that sums it up nicely. At least from our side of things. :)

Looks really nice. With the let down that R6-Seige is, It will be nice to have a paced tier1 simulator for smaller crowds.

The Molle pouches on the vests was a rather clever way to simulate real-world loadout systems.

Look forward to seeing the future progress.