Chuc

January 2016

Yeah we all got it. Still, militia owns so many different varieties of guns, I don't think it wouldn't be authentic for them to have it.

Did you read this thread?It's extremely rare.

I'm genuinely curious why you guys chose to go with the KS-23 over C2 charges or the Saiga 12, or specifically the outdated version of the KS-23 that even the MVD doesn't use anymore.

KS-23 still used.And pretty popular.But army don't.

it's CS-gas thrower and rubber bullet weapon.Their role is riot control.They just have ability to use buckshots and slugs.

When will it be released? Today?

They say there is a update coming shortly. But shortly depends on a scale. 

In a month, shortly is up to 8 days maybe. In a year, shortly is around 2 or 3 months. In a century, maybe the first 15 years.

So yeah, shortly is vague but it is coming. 

This "whinning" (very rough word to describe our questions) is happened just because we see nothing, only beautiful and unrealistic model. The same thing happened with Ural (I've read tons of "It is not milsim" until Z-trooper gave me very good and clear answer), with Beretta M9 (I've read tons of "It is not milsim" until Z-trooper gave me very good and clear answer), with SVD furniture (Z-trooper gave me clear answer soon). I was satisfied with explanations, not "thisisnotmilsim" and "nobodycares". I know that devs are working hard and want to make it authentic, so there should be a reason to make this kind of decision. I just want to know this reason.

Breacher is the one of the very few kits, which are representing something beside shooting. At this moment the only way to interact with game world are killing and healing. I am okay with this, because I appreciate dev's hard work. It takes time, I know. But I want to know, is there any feature planned, beside of giving everybody shotguns because of legacy? Even in PR russians don't have shotguns. If OWI decided to implement KS-23, what should it mean? They decide to sacrifice one of the realism aspects due to balance or it is temporary decision, or we will see something more interesting and authentic?

KS-23 still used.And pretty popular.But army don't.

it's CS-gas thrower and rubber bullet weapon.Their role is riot control.They just have ability to use buckshots and slugs.

I thought they had switched to the KS-23M? The only photos I've seen of the MVD with the KS-23 recently was the KS-23M.

This "whinning" (very rough word to describe our questions) just because we see nothing, only beautiful and unrealistic model. The same thing happened with Ural (I've read tons of "It is not milsim" until Z-trooper gave me very good and clear answer), with Beretta M9 (I've read tons of "It is not milsim" until Z-trooper gave me very good and clear answer), with SVD furniture (Z-trooper gave me clear answer soon). I was satisfied with explanations, not "thisisnotmilsim" and "nobodycares". I know that devs are working hard and want to make it authentic, so there should be a reason to make this kind of decision. I just want to know this reason.

Breacher is the on of the few kits, which are representing something beside shooting. At this moment the only way to interact with game world are killing and healing. I am okay with this, because I appreciate dev's hard work. It takes time, I know. But I want to know, is there any feature planned, beside of giving everybody shotguns because of legacy? Even in PR russians don't have shotguns. If OWI decided to implement KS-23, what should it mean? They decide to sacrifice one of the realism aspects due to balance or it is temporary decision, or we will see something more interesting and authentic?

Interesting, do you have the links or the general idea behind Z-Troopers explanations? If so, would you mind giving them to me in a private message? I'd love to know the answers to these questions without derailing this thread.

This "whinning" (very rough word to describe our questions) is happened just because we see nothing, only beautiful and unrealistic model. The same thing happened with Ural (I've read tons of "It is not milsim" until Z-trooper gave me very good and clear answer), with Beretta M9 (I've read tons of "It is not milsim" until Z-trooper gave me very good and clear answer), with SVD furniture (Z-trooper gave me clear answer soon). I was satisfied with explanations, not "thisisnotmilsim" and "nobodycares". I know that devs are working hard and want to make it authentic, so there should be a reason to make this kind of decision. I just want to know this reason.

Breacher is the on of the few kits, which are representing something beside shooting. At this moment the only way to interact with game world are killing and healing. I am okay with this, because I appreciate dev's hard work. It takes time, I know. But I want to know, is there any feature planned, beside of giving everybody shotguns because of legacy? Even in PR russians don't have shotguns. If OWI decided to implement KS-23, what should it mean? They decide to sacrifice one of the realism aspects due to balance or it is temporary decision, or we will see something more interesting and authentic?

Its a good question, and there's nothing wrong with asking. This is a very rational an respectful post, with a well thought out question, and you presented it well. Definitely not what I would refer to as "whining." Other posts in this thread could have done better on their method of approach, and I'm not implying they were yours either. Devs are hanging out to talk and explain all the good stuff. I'm sure you'll get an answer as you have in the past.

I thought they had switched to the KS-23M? The only photos I've seen of the MVD with the KS-23 recently was the KS-23M.

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/rus/ks-23-e.html

Well,never ever saw this.But this article says it was KS23M.But this doen't matter.

In English version missed one thing.Under all Soviet standarts - this is not small arm.This is small caliber artrellery weapon(Caliber over 20mm).They stay as Small arm,just as exception.

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the shotgun is to be used in another form rather than "primary weapon"??

As stated previously, a breacher class will be implemented as a way to break through doors, as well as other responsibilities such as destroying emplacements.

Has anyone stopped to think that, maybe the shotgun is going to be implemented as a way to breach a door? Rather than a weapon to run into battle with?

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the shotgun is to be used in another form rather than "primary weapon"??

As stated previously, a breacher class will be implemented as a way to break through doors, as well as other responsibilities such as destroying emplacements.

Has anyone stopped to think that, maybe the shotgun is going to be implemented as a way to breach a door? Rather than a weapon to run into battle with?

Agreed and it's already been stated. However these guys are just mad that it's making an appearance at all. 

:D exactly. 

Anyway. Devs you made amazing amazing stuff. 

From me. I dont care about how many you will make everything is impressive even now. Any other additional just rise value of this masterpiece. 

Thank you guys very very much. 

Really looking forward to play. 

Agreed and it's already been stated. However these guys are just mad that it's making an appearance at all. 

Sorry, got to page 5 and thought TL;DR  :lol:  :lol:

Seriously though. The smoke is awesome, and the rifle blast-effects are. just. too. cool.

Was thinking it might be cool to have middle-mouse-click change the orientation of the M-18 left or right, since there are going to be situations where you need it to go the opposite direction and you cant turn around and throw it. I'm sure something like that would be down the line when animations were reworked, and I'm sure that its been considered since they are already thinking about the need to choose the direction of expulsion of smoke.

bout those rifle blasts tho.... :o

Was thinking it might be cool to have middle-mouse-click change the orientation of the M-18 left or right

Even though it would be "cool" among many other things, this is "too much" for my taste, because of not going MilSim.

Even though it would be "cool" among many other things, this is "too much" for my taste, because of not going MilSim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN_M18

Choosing which direction you want your smoke to go is milsim? :huh:  Guessn you thought I was talking about left handed shooting or something?

I just think there are going to be times where you want to set that smoke shooting to the right and not the left and it would be nice to not have to underhand it backwards to get it in the right orientation. I digress, its nitpicking and not needed at the moment.

Yes and no. It feels kind of silly not to be able to throw a smoke grenade pointing the other direction, if that forces you to approach a compound from the other side (which may be where the enemy is at...?).

Of course you don't want 1000 keybinds for 1000 different actions, but using the few keys that we do have for simple things like this still seems viable. You could make throwing distance (as well as rolling pivot/accuracy!) depend on the amount of time you hold left mouse before throwing (using only the left mouse for both short and longer throws), and use right mouse for switching its direction. You could use SHIFT to switch it around. You could consider a specific "weapon special" button that changes weapon's functionality. (i.e. switching between auto and semi, instead of selecting the same weapon twice, and switching smoke grenade direction).

Yes and no. It feels kind of silly not to be able to throw a smoke grenade pointing the other direction, if that forces you to approach a compound from the other side (which may be where the enemy is at...?).

Of course you don't want 1000 keybinds for 1000 different actions, but using the few keys that we do have for simple things like this still seems viable. You could make throwing distance (as well as rolling pivot/accuracy!) depend on the amount of time you hold left mouse before throwing (using only the left mouse for both short and longer throws), and use right mouse for switching its direction. You could use SHIFT to switch it around. You could consider a specific "weapon special" button that changes weapon's functionality. (i.e. switching between auto and semi, instead of selecting the same weapon twice, and switching smoke grenade direction).

I figured fire-select (mm) would be "free" when selected on a grenade. But. Yeah, the element is awesome and there are numerous potential solutions.

I wanna throw smoke grenades all day long now; I'm so excited!!!!!!!  :lol:

giphy.gif

This "whinning" (very rough word to describe our questions) 

Those "questions" are getting more and more annoying, whining perfectly fits. Plus, "Sigh" and "double sigh" are not really questions and pretty disrespectful towards developers. You and the other clowns have received 2 good answers from a Dev on the second page of this thread, and yet you still kept going. And saying that "maybe devs just don't want to work on other ways to breach through locked obstacles" is not very constructive. At all.

Did you read my post? Militia is not the russian army. And yes I did read all of it unfortunately, and I don't really care about what you think is extremely rare.

My concentration in job is away :D I cant stop read recap again and again and all pictures watching in detail .... looks like one of the best update ever. Until now I had my "hype" under control...now its not. 

What's the rules with IEDs? Can they be placed anywhere?

I imagine that the insurgents would rather defend a capture point with IEDs inside the compound ready to detonate once the enemy start capturing it. Could add variety though.

Those "questions" are getting more and more annoying, whining perfectly fits. Plus, "Sigh" and "double sigh" are not really questions and pretty disrespectful towards developers. You and the other clown have received 2 good answers from a Dev on the second page of this thread, and yet you still kept going. And saying that "maybe devs just don't want to work on other ways to breach through locked obstacles" is not very constructive. At all.

I feel that the person you refer to as "other clown" was very polite in his last responses (even if previous responses may not have been as constructive). Also, I don't feel that calling him names is an effective way to try to motivate him into phrasing his points more kindly in the future. Please be more kind yourself, too.

Yeah I did unfortunately, and I don't really care about what you think is extremely rare.

True COD-player words.Keep it up.