Chuc

January 2016

A few things are missing from the update: Anticheat system, new awesome scopes, stability improvements, some AMD CPU improvements, audio updates, post processing effects in graphics settings, etc. Everyone should love this update.

There's the winner! 

What faction will use ppsh ? :) and what role?

My guess is milita, and maybe the insurgents as well. 

-snip-

Its not what you say, its how you say it.

The devs have been busting their asses trying to put out fires (bug fixing) and bring new content to the table that enables their ideas to come to fruition, and they're stoked to share this with the community. Whats your response?

KS-23

Sigh.

When instead it could well be:

KS-23 is an interesting choice, why that and not _____________?

In the end, they're doing the work. You bought it because you trusted them with your $40 to create a game worth playing. Squad's target has never been 100% realism. Its teamwork. And the gameplay is what facilitates that. If you dont like it, you can be bitter, or you can learn to be productive, make a "realism mod" that includes only what you choose.

What faction will use ppsh ? :) and what role?

I'm assuming it'll probably be the breacher's weapon for the insurgent faction. If not the breacher then I have no clue, but I somehow doubt it'll be for anyone other than them considering they've cropped up quite a bit in the Middle East, especially in Fallujah.

Sorry to tell you, but assuming you're keeping with the idea that you have ties to the fan base of Project Reality, you're dead wrong if you honestly think that the average player has no difference between an AK74 or AK47, or an M16 and an M4. Never have I met people more knowledgeable about firearms than while playing PR. That being said, if you've deviated from that original, core group of people who were proud to have worked on PR and instead aspire to make a slower paced Battlefield clone, then I've got no words to say.

You do realise that if we only stuck to the fanbase of PR that we would have a very small user base right. The average user will likely not know the huge difference, that does not however mean that we do not care about well produced models, and as you guys said yourselves earlier even PR didn't showcase the russian forces correctly. We are not here to create a direct PR clone, and we are not here to make a BF light either. We care about the accuracy of our weapons, but we also care about having good gameplay and using our time wisely. If you really think that we would aspire to make a slower BF clone, then you have not followed anything the team has done or said or shown over the last many many months and you would be dellusional to think otherwise 

Fucking awesome update. Everything looks beautiful!

Those dust-kickups, man, I love those unique little features that really make you want to play the game!

TrueSky looks so good, for the love of everything that's holy, please continue to follow that road! Models are gorgeous as always.

You shotgun guys need to remember that squad isnt a military simulator. Its a friggin game. Want something else? Go make a mod...

You guys sure know a lot about military hardware. We know. So do we. But the core audience, which is not you, doesnt know the difference between an ak47 or ak74. Or an m4 and m16. Once that settles in, I am sure we can all agree we go waaaaay above and beyond in our attention to detail for those that do.

me-dammit-jesus-240x180.jpg

Thanks for the recap devs , holy shit it ALL looks so promissing !

Especially those smokes, or fx in general !.

I think i will need a new pc for this masterpiece of game ;(

Those fx will Set my pc on fire i believe ;P

Game is already running with 25-45 fps on low settings,so sad ,the game looks so brilliant in those true sky Screenshots :(

Keep thd awesome work up guys!!!

*Edit - fixed duplicated text

Regarding the whining about shotguns:

Guys. 1-2 years (atleast) of dev-time ahead. More Variety will eventually come down the road, but you have to start with something and the choice was made to start with the KS-23, which I think is beautifully modeled and will serve it's purpose just as good as a Saiga (or whatever). So calm down. Appreciate the hard work that goes into the stuff you're seeing.

Guys. More than 1-2 years of Dev Time ahead. More Variety will eventually come down the road, but you have to start with something and the choice was made to start with the KS-23, which I think is beautifully modeled and will serve it's purpose just as good as a Saiga (or whatever). So calm down. Appreciate the hard work that goes into the stuff you're seeing.

Model is great,but problem is it's Police Special weapon,not even military.

Its not what you say, its how you say it.

The devs have been busting their asses trying to put out fires (bug fixing) and bring new content to the table that enables their ideas to come to fruition, and they're stoked to share this with the community. Whats your response?

When instead it could well be:

In the end, they're doing the work. You bought it because you trusted them with your $40 to create a game worth playing. Squad's target has never been 100% realism. Its teamwork. And the gameplay is what facilitates that. If you dont like it, you can be bitter, or you can learn to be productive, make a "realism mod" that includes only what you choose.

I replied to you in a private message because I felt that format was more appropriate. Do with your knowledge what you will and pass judgement as you may.

You do realise that if we only stuck to the fanbase of PR that we would have a very small user base right. The average user will likely not know the huge difference, that does not however mean that we do not care about well produced models, and as you guys said yourselves earlier even PR didn't showcase the russian forces correctly. We are not here to create a direct PR clone, and we are not here to make a BF light either. We care about the accuracy of our weapons, but we also care about having good gameplay and using our time wisely. If you really think that we would aspire to make a slower BF clone, then you have not followed anything the team has done or said or shown over the last many many months and you would be dellusional to think otherwise 

While I did indeed say that PR didn't showcase the RF properly I'd still say the KS23 is a step further away from a proper representation rather than a step in the right direction toward a well done mold of the RF. While I also recognize that PR had a small community, I'd say that's less to do with the product's quality and attention to detail and more to do with the age of the product and the speed at which the mod updated (not to mention the lack of more than a handful of servers with active moderators.) If anything, I think the fact that PR is still popular today is a testament to how much it is loved as a game rather than to how narrow of an audience it appeals to.

Overall, what it really boils down to is that I'm absolutely frightened that this is going to turn into ArmA 3: a game spawned from a franchise that I previously loved where the devs decided they wanted to appeal to a broader audience, lost sight of the original idea, and then crapped out halfway through and delivered a half baked product where devs tell the community that it's their job to fill in the blanks with mods and no criticism is allowed to be made toward the fragile devs and where the user gets told that they can't have a refund because that's what you get for putting money into a pre-release project. I'm not saying that's what you guys currently are, but with every step apprehension builds on my part and on the part of at least a handful of others.

In part it's also that I'm trying to see from your point and rationalize the idea of adding some things rather than others, something that can't very well be done if the only answer I get from some people is "accept the answer you're given even if you don't like it." I'm genuinely curious why you guys chose to go with the KS-23 over C2 charges or the Saiga 12, or specifically the outdated version of the KS-23 that even the MVD doesn't use anymore.

Thanks for the recap devs , holy shit it ALL looks so promissing !

Especially those smokes, or fx in general !.

I think i will need a new pc for this masterpiece of game ;(

Those fx will Set my pc on fire i believe ;P

Game is already running with 25-45 fps on low settings,so sad ,the game looks so brilliant in those true sky Screenshots :(

Keep thd awesome work up guys!!!

Model is great,but problem is it's Police Special weapon,not even military.

Yeah we all got it. Still, militia owns so many different varieties of guns, I don't think it wouldn't be authentic for them to have it.

Stellar work lads. :D

Loving the ambient sounds going on as well!