Chuc

January 2016

I really want to see those muzzle dust effects in 3rd person from the sides and front. Must look epic! Bruno is a wizard!

Do you wanna see his magic wand, too? ;) #IJustTurnedFullHomo

First- they can steal from the local police

Second we can have maps temes in ex-USSR nations

It is easier to take your grandpa's hunting shotgun using 12 gauge than try to find rare non-standard special purpose carbine if you are an insurgent, isn't it?

This isn't regular police weapon.Only Police Counter-Terrorism units have it.In other word - they're rare even in police.

That on video - police academy.They have to know all their weapons.

It is easier to take your grandpa's hunting shotgun using 12 gauge than try to find rare non-standard special purpose carbine if you are an insurgent, isn't it?

Apparently not if you're a Donetsk rebel heh

Joking aside though, yeah, it would be hard for a faction such as militia to find those things, but not impossible depending on their supplier. That being said, the problem is that it's already been made, and they can't very well waste the asset I'd say. I'd be fine with seeing it for the insurgents. 

Guys what's your problem really. Before every map there will be note that there were mysterious trucks full of KS-23 in the militia base. Noone know where they come from :o solved ?

Apparently not if you're a Donetsk rebel heh

Joking aside though, yeah, it would be hard for a faction such as militia to find those things, but not impossible depending on their supplier. That being said, the problem is that it's already been made, and they can't very well waste the asset I'd say. I'd be fine with seeing it for the insurgents. 

Yes, it's been made and it looks cool, I don't want this model to be wasted. But it is too much work for my imagination to answer myself questions like "what is this thing doing here?"

This isn't regular police weapon.Only Police Counter-Terrorism units have it.In other word - they're rare even in police.

That on video - police academy.They have to know all their weapons.

Oh-My-God-Who-The-Hell-Cares-Gif-On-Fami

Make a new thread about this matter if it's so damn important! The shotgun is coming, deal with it.

The new visual effects reminds me of this awesome clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2SWWDt8Wg

Do the last pictures of (Gordok etc.) include the TrueSky engine? Other than that, DAMN! The sunset looks amazing. I can't wait to play the next versions.... the effects look pretty awesome as well, but I hope that doesn't result in huge FPS losses.

Make a thread about the shotguns if you want to, but don't outright hijack this thread. As much as I'd rather non-shotgun-toting RGF breachers, models don't come out of thin air. A load of effort goes into them (unless the devs are Xtreme MLG artists.

No one said they're specifically for Russians, right? Maybe the Interior Affairs guys fought the Chechen rebels with them as they said. Are the Interior Affairs dudes RGF? No, but it's likely that the rebels may have gotten their hands on them. It may just be fore the militia, who knows?

Yes, it's been made and it looks cool, I don't want this model to be wasted. But it is too much work for my imagination to answer myself questions like "what is this thing doing here?"

I agree that it's hard to believe anyone getting a hold of it but honestly I'd be willing to suspend my disbelief for it to be in game for a no-name faction like the militia.

Oh-My-God-Who-The-Hell-Cares-Gif-On-Fami

Make a new thread about this matter if it's so damn important! The shotgun is coming, deal with it.

The new visual effects reminds me of this awesome clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2SWWDt8Wg

Ah yes, there's nothing better than childish cartoon reaction images to break up a legitimate discussion being had about part of the new update. If you don't like it, don't participate and instead discuss around us. This entire thread doesn't need to be dedicated to people saying "OH MY GOD DEVS U R THE BEST NOTHING YOU COULD EVER DO IS WRONG PLEASE TAKE ALL MY MONEY YOU ARE THE ARBITER OF QUALITY AND CRAP, THE VANGUARD OF VIDEO GAMES, AND THE VINDICATOR OF OUR SINS." This thread is about the latest progress update to this game, part of which includes the KS-23 shotgun, which we are currently discussing. If you can't ignore a discussion being had in the proper thread, then that's your problem. 

Improvised Explosive Device (IED)  

Featured previously in a monthly recap, this nasty bit of kit is now fully textured and ready to be implemented into the game.

ied.jpganigif_enhanced-buzz-7339-1374156681-28.

I'm going to have some fun :3

Make a thread about the shotguns if you want to, but don't outright hijack this thread. As much as I'd rather non-shotgun-toting RGF breachers, models don't come out of thin air. A load of effort goes into them (unless the devs are Xtreme MLG artists.

No one said they're specifically for Russians, right? Maybe the Interior Affairs guys fought the Chechen rebels with them as they said. Are the Interior Affairs dudes RGF? No, but it's likely that the rebels may have gotten their hands on them. It may just be fore the militia, who knows?

Chechnya... Riot controll weapon... seriously.

Now watch this(funeral by tank tracks,)

Did you imagine usage of riot control weapon usage in such situation?This isn't real footage,but It was like this,entire companies died there.It was hell.

Ah yes, there's nothing better than childish cartoon reaction images

Comes from the guy with an anime avatar  :mellow:...

Anyway you are fully capable of creating a specific thread to do this. Actually, you have no reason not to do it.. whatsoever. 

That smoke/muzzle effects! *drooling*

Great job guys (especially Bruno). That together with the IED and the new map pic has made me super hyped again!

A few things are missing from the update: Anticheat system, new awesome scopes, stability improvements, some AMD CPU improvements, audio updates, post processing effects in graphics settings, etc. Everyone should love this update.

It is really kind of ironic how much bitching we hear about "When's the update, when's the update," and as soon as some updated news drops its "Whyyyy thiss"

The answer has already been given by motherdear.

Just let it go.

When gameplay challenges reality, gameplay wins. Everyone here should already know this. And the answer on the matter is that its going to be used for gameplay purposes, and that elements needed for accurate asymmetrical balance aren't in yet.

Ladders. Sights. Vaulting. Rallypoints or FOBs. Its all part of the game, and the designers know what they're doing.

You shotgun guys need to remember that squad isnt a military simulator. Its a friggin game. Want something else? Go make a mod...

You guys sure know a lot about military hardware. We know. So do we. But the core audience, which is not you, doesnt know the difference between an ak47 or ak74. Or an m4 and m16. Once that settles in, I am sure we can all agree we go waaaaay above and beyond in our attention to detail for those that do.

WOW! Can't say anything else but WOW!
This week my jaw suffered a lot thanks to you guys. The first time when I put on a pair of good headphones and hear the In-Game sounds. The second time when I checked out the new lighting images on my phone this morning, and the third time when I watched the video of the smoke and muzzle effects. Simply splendid!

Improvised Explosive Device (IED)  

Featured previously in a monthly recap, this nasty bit of kit is now fully textured and ready to be implemented into the game.

ied.jpganigif_enhanced-buzz-7339-1374156681-28.

I'm going to have some fun :3

VfDBsrD.gif

VERY FUNNY

A few things are missing from the update: Anticheat system, new awesome scopes, stability improvements, some AMD CPU improvements, audio updates, post processing effects in graphics settings, etc. Everyone should love this update.

Cool!!!

Any chance of some gameplay bug fixes being in as well? (revive teleports, through-wall peeking, map marker HUD disappearing on teammate mouseover, map/team screen selection blocking mic channel use, the sped-up grenade throw 'exploit', the "superman crawl", and invisible wall map bugs, to name a couple..?)

Comes from the guy with an anime avatar  :mellow:...

Anyway you are fully capable of creating a specific thread to do this. Actually, you have no reason not to do it.. whatsoever.

Yes, I do, which would be the fact that the discussion is already happening in a thread pertaining to the topic. There's no reason to make a duplicate topic. Once again, a childish statement from a person posting childish reaction images, please continue with that.

It is really kind of ironic how much bitching we hear about "When's the update, when's the update," and as soon as some updated news drops its "Whyyyy thiss"

the answer has already been given by motherdear.

Just let it go.

When gameplay challenges reality, gameplay wins. Everyone here should already know this. And the answer on the matter is that its going to be used for gameplay purposes, and that elements needed for accurate asymmetrical balance aren't in yet.

Ladders. Sights. Vaulting. Rallypoints or FOBs. Its all part of the game, and the designers know what they're doing.

Don't know about you, but I haven't been bitching about the update coming (though I wasn't exactly happy with the two months of silence when it comes to progression with the last real update until now being in November.) That being said, is it not okay to express discontent with an unrealistic choice of firearm in a game that touts itself to be realistic? Without public expression of a disapproving attitude how are devs or anyone else supposed to get feedback from the players (be it solicited or not?)

As for gameplay changing reality, several good ideas have been brought up as plausible and more realistic alternatives that even allows for the old content to be kept but moved to a different faction instead (one that would already be using this weapon as their breaching tool anyway.) Nobody's asking for anything more than these ideas to be considered rather than tossed aside because the work has already been put into an unrealistic solution. 

I agree that all that's necessary for asymmetrical warfare aren't in yet, but suggestions can be made now to be taken into account for the future. Best to get what's fresh in your mind out there while you have the ability to articulate your argument than to wait until a later date and forget what you wanted to say. 

As for the last statement, due to a recent thread with a certain dev I'll hold my tongue on that one.

EDIT:

You shotgun guys need to remember that squad isnt a military simulator. Its a friggin game. Want something else? Go make a mod...

You guys sure know a lot about military hardware. We know. So do we. But the core audience, which is not you, doesnt know the difference between an ak47 or ak74. Or an m4 and m16. Once that settles in, I am sure we can all agree we go waaaaay above and beyond in our attention to detail for those that do.

Sorry to tell you, but assuming you're keeping with the idea that you have ties to the fan base of Project Reality, you're dead wrong if you honestly think that the average player has no difference between an AK74 or AK47, or an M16 and an M4. Never have I met people more knowledgeable about firearms than while playing PR. That being said, if you've deviated from that original, core group of people who were proud to have worked on PR and instead aspire to make a slower paced Battlefield clone, then I've got no words to say.

SPOILERS!!!  :P