Chuc

January 2016

I would like to report a bug. Now, it is a personal bug and you devs may not be able to help me with it. But I am just so sad 4.0 is not out right now. D: 

I'm sure they know it, but do you see any other variants?

Yes,absence of shotguns.

But if Kits shall be mirrired as it was in PR - no.This is best possible variant.But concept of regular army is already brocken.Now we may suggest VSS,AS and other special weapons without any shame.  :D

Now im start.

PSS silent pistol.

NRS-2.Special forces knife with ability to shoot one round.

https://vk.com/video-46201624_165276615

I'm sure they know it, but do you see any other variants?

Yeah, the Saiga 12 would be a much better choice if you absolutely had to shoehorn a shotgun in on a faction that doesn't use shotguns often in real life (to be fair shotguns aren't really used by any military in combat.)

Yes,absence of shotguns.

But if Kits shall be mirrired as it was in PR - no.This is best possible variant.But concept of regular army is already brocken.Now we may suggest VSS,AS and other special weapons without any shame.  :D

I agree that mirroring kits isn't exactly the greatest idea. We've got several Russian soldiers and veterans on these forums, why not ask them for some ideas rather than just making absolute parity in squad composition? Of course there has to be a way for everyone to do everything, but it doesn't have to be on an equal playing field or use the same equipment. 

Yes,absence of shotguns.

I don't think the update claimed a faction allocation of either weapon shown - could very well be Militia or Insurgent weapons. I think that shotgun would be an awesome Militia weapon.

Great update, all looks fantastic, love the new statics and visual effects - well done!

Cheers,

egg

Someone asked on facebook: "Still waiting for the next patch with updated Optics on Russian/Militia side since people are jumping on US army side every damn round." Squad awnser: "We've got a surprise for you then ;) " 

Hmmm :)

Yeah, the Saiga 12 would be a much better choice if you absolutely had to shoehorn a shotgun in on a faction that doesn't use shotguns often in real life (to be fair shotguns aren't really used by any military in combat.)

I agree that mirroring kits isn't exactly the greatest idea. We've got several Russian soldiers and veterans on these forums, why not ask them for some ideas rather than just making absolute parity in squad composition? Of course there has to be a way for everyone to do everything, but it doesn't have to be on an equal playing field or use the same equipment. 

Well, Saiga-12 was adopted by Ministry if Internal Affairs as KS-18,5, but it is even less popular than KS-23. I don't like the idea of mirroring too and would prefer nothing rather than shotgun for russian. Why should we exactly get shotgun? Maybe devs just don't want to work on other ways to breach through locked obstacles.

To be fair we are not doing this and we are not planning on making parity factions, it is simply a matter of certain mechanics need certain things to work, such as slugs for breaching doors (the ks-23 isn't necessarily planned to have buckshot). The factions will diverge both in terms of equipment but also in terms of vehicles and how they are used. But diverging factions (which needs mechanics) is a massive amount of work. We know that everything is not perfect, but we are quite content with that atm.

Now this is something I would never expect to see in a game: dust/gas dispersion caused by weapon firing shockwave. DEAR LORD. Now we just need wind and crops/grass physics and GG.

Also the Law Enforcement Shotgun could be used to arrest civilians in Insurgency mode.

To be fair we are not doing this and we are not planning on making parity factions, it is simply a matter of certain mechanics need certain things to work. The factions will diverge both in terms of equipment but also in terms of vehicles and how they are used. But diverging factions (which needs mechanics) is a massive amount of work. We know that everything is not perfect, but we are quite content with that atm.

I understand that's hard and really while I'd love it I don't truly expect it to happen, but that being said why go with the KS-23 rather than the Saiga, which is currently in use with the MVD, whereas the KS-23 is more of a relic with a special purpose than a shotgun used by the MVD let alone one used on the battlefield? 

Fucking great work Bruno!! That smoke and muzzle shockwave  :wub:

Thank you again dev's, your hard work is much appreciated. TrueSky is going to add another beautiful aspect to the game which I can't wait to see.

"Can I get a one way ticket aboard the Hype Train please?"

CHOO CHOOO 

but that being said why go with the KS-23 rather than the Saiga

To be fair neither shotgun is really in proper active use. But the saiga is also an automatic shotgun. When the whole point is to not make the russians use the shotguns as their primary combat weapon, it would not be ideal to give them a fully automatic one with a large mag.

Looks very promising. Great work on the new visual effects! Can't wait to test the new stuff out :)

I don't think I've seen any form of muzzle energy being simulated in any game I've played before, it looks incredible. Looking forward to 4.0 more than ever!

Someone asked on facebook: "Still waiting for the next patch with updated Optics on Russian/Militia side since people are jumping on US army side every damn round." Squad awnser: "We've got a surprise for you then ;) " 

Hmmm :)

;)

Fools road is loking gorgeus! Now i can recognise form the PR's one! :wub:

And the smoke change, man this is really a great thing! It change a lot and do the best for the immersion! :lol:

Go guys, go this way! Your game will gonna be a miles stone! You deserve it!

Holy shit, TrueSky makes it look like a whole different game. Can't wait to see how you guys relight the current maps.

Also, Bruno has done it again, I've never seen smoke grenades done that fucking well. On top of that you've gone and added muzzle blasts, which is something so few games care to add but really helps to demonstrate the power of the weapon.

Great job guys!

To be fair we are not doing this and we are not planning on making parity factions, it is simply a matter of certain mechanics need certain things to work, such as slugs for breaching doors (the ks-23 isn't necessarily planned to have buckshot). The factions will diverge both in terms of equipment but also in terms of vehicles and how they are used. But diverging factions (which needs mechanics) is a massive amount of work. We know that everything is not perfect, but we are quite content with that atm.

Model looks great. And KS-23 is really interesting thing that I'd like to see to be used properly, just as you are planning.

It is just breaking immersion, not for only nitpickers like me, samogon or VarenykySupreme. Due to agressive politics and modernization of armed forces of Russia, attention to russian military increases, not to mention actually russians, who sees the difference between different branches even clearer, than average american fps player sees the difference between US army and USMC.

Russians don't use shotguns, it has historical, political, even geographical reasons. But it doesn't mean that russians don't know how to breach door. It may be easier to implement than you suppose :)

Looks great! The PPSh-41 is one of my favorites in PR.

Since there's no Russian optics in this update I'm assuming we'll see them in the actual patch this week :)