Chuc

January 2016

I hope this implies that we can move on from this topic. If not, please start a new thread about it. 

They don't care. Troll along.

The smoke grenade's flame or whatever you got going on there are little bit much. Need to be toned down. Also the smoke comes out of the bottom, not the fuze. :)

Other than that, great month indeed!

Thanks man! 

Noticed that and I was like FUUUUU...

Fixed now, shall come from the bottom in M18s, this will be in the hotfix soon.

I really wish the devs would listen to the actual Russian Soldiers that are posting here. Its real cool to get an opportunity to hear how things work in their military from their perspective.

I hope this implies that we can move on from this topic. If not, please start a new thread about it. 

I can't make promises for anyone other than myself and while I might accept the choice for now I can't promise that others will follow suite with me. 

They don't care. Troll along.

Just because we disagree with a decision with a decision the devs has made doesn't make us trolls, nor does further discussing the topic. If you don't want a discussion about the progress report, don't come to the progress report thread. 

@VarenykySupreme, could a new, separate thread be made for this topic then if it continues to be discussed?

That's more a question for the moderator or anyone who wishes to further continue the discussion than for I. I'd say that discussion of the KS-23 belongs here due to this being the update thread, but if the mods or admins disagree I'd see no problem with migrating discussion either to the weapons thread or a specific thread about the KS-23. That being said, I think the smartest idea would be to create a weapon thread based in reality rather than the current suggestions thread which does have some lala land posts in it about things like the AEK and AN-94. It would also be nice to have a thread for reference pictures to avoid some of the technical problems that have happened before (like the SVD supposedly having the wrong furniture, the US Army using a handgun variant exclusive to the USMC, and the M249 having a heat shield, which according to a good portion my military buddies, only POGs keep because they melt quickly and fuck up the barrel.)

You guys should have the "under-hand" smoke throw landing in only one direction BUT the "over-hand" throw landing in a random direction. now that just makes sense :)

Reply · 

You guys should have the "under-hand" smoke throw landing in only one direction BUT the "over-hand" throw landing in a random direction. now that just makes sense :)
Reply · 

Gameplay > Realism

Gameplay > Realism

That's not a knockdown argument for anything.

Why implement bullet drop? Gameplay > Realism, after all. Why cant I shoot while jumping? Gameplay > Realism! etc.

It can be one of the reasons for a certain decision. In this case, I'd be happy with some different mechanics for the nades (swapping directions, and perhaps removing the superhuman perfect balance of the long range throw), realism or not. Gameplay doesn't always have to trump realism and realism doesn't always have to trump gameplay.

I dont see the problem though in changing from over hand to underhand like I could do in real life.

There was an exploit where you could throw smoke/grenades faster by quickly pressing both buttons, that's why it was removed. I'd imagine they might eventually re-implement it once they figure a way to cut the exploit effectively.

Overall I'm loving these updates, it's almost like playing a new game everytime. Keep the polish coming! :)