Sign in to follow this  
Angry Mexicans

Addition of Russian Optics and the 400m Zero; Add the AK-103?

you don't see it as often.

Do the Ground Forces use any non-magnifying reflex optics commonly?  Or are optics pretty much just the occasional Kashtan and that's it? 

What about the NIT-A? 

Also, it might be fitting to add the 1P29 as a 4x optic for the Russians that could serve the same role as the ACOG, though in smaller numbers.  Alternatively, we could still use the PO 3.5x21P I mentioned earlier.  It isn't officially adopted by the Russian military, I know, but a number of them are in use in units by people who purchased them individually. 

Do the Ground Forces use any non-magnifying reflex optics commonly?  Or are optics pretty much just the occasional Kashtan and that's it? 

What about the NIT-A? 

Also, it might be fitting to add the 1P29 as a 4x optic for the Russians that could serve the same role as the ACOG, though in smaller numbers.  Alternatively, we could still use the PO 3.5x21P I mentioned earlier.  It isn't officially adopted by the Russian military, I know, but a number of them are in use in units by people who purchased them individually. 

There is no optic!No red dots!Nobody pushcase it.

My Exec Officer had an Holo sight.But he's pretty much likes airsoft,he bough it primary for their AEG.

Only SF have attention on it.Just because this makes his lives easier.

My Exec Officer had an Holo sight.But he's pretty much likes airsoft,he bough it primary for their AEG.

There are optics in infantry, it is just not standard equipment. Units recieve them by order from Chief of Rocket and Artillery Armament Service (по приказу нач. РАВ выдаются, поэтому на учениях их и не использует, но велик шанс того, что при БД такой приказ поступит и прицелы выделят).

Well that would have been a great thing to start off with, pointing out that the Army apparently doesn't have any non-magnifying sights as any sort of standard. 

Though, I've read that the Russian Army adopted the NIT-A and that it was used in Chechnya.  Is that just special forces use? 

There are optics in infantry, it is just not standard equipment. Units recieve them by order from Chief of Rocket and Artillery Armament Service (по приказу нач. РАВ выдаются, поэтому на учениях их и не использует, но велик шанс того, что при БД такой приказ поступит и прицелы выделят).

Anyway they're rare.

NIT-A

Wat-Meme-07.jpg

256.png

I don't know what this means.  Are you not familiar with it?  What?  Or are you guys just more interested in trolling or something instead of actually having an intelligent discussion?  Seriously, I'm confused. 

I don't know what this means.  Are you not familiar with it?  What?  Or are you guys just more interested in trolling or something instead of actually having an intelligent discussion?  Seriously, I'm confused. 

256.png

OK, I'll take it to mean they're not super common.  Thank you for not feeling the need to be overly sarcastic and not at all constructive. 

I mean you're talking to Russians here. They outlined pretty well over multiple threads (that are mostly still kicking, and in this thread) what optics are used by the Russian military. If it's used, they've suggested it. It's understandable that people are sarcastic toward those who make suggestions months after the major discussions have been had. 

I mean you're talking to Russians here. They outlined pretty well over multiple threads (that are mostly still kicking, and in this thread) what optics are used by the Russian military. If it's used, they've suggested it. It's understandable that people are sarcastic toward those who make suggestions months after the major discussions have been had.

And samogon used to be in the military too, he knows a shitload.

I found *a lot* of threads about inclusion or exclusion of 1P63 sight, but this seems the most appropriate one. I also heard somewhere that the Devs have dicded to not include 1P63 due to poor sight picture in-game. I gave a go imagining how a rough sight picture for a 1P63 would look in-game. Naturally this is not adjusted to how a soldier would sight his optic though. As a result, I think the sight picture is not too bad (at FOV 100) even without the "bionic eye zoom". Definitely something workable IMO.

4mL2ehF.png

Measuring reference. Filter-less mode reference in regular light.  

1 hour ago, BTR said:

I found *a lot* of threads about inclusion or exclusion of 1P63 sight, but this seems the most appropriate one. I also heard somewhere that the Devs have dicded to not include 1P63 due to poor sight picture in-game. I gave a go imagining how a rough sight picture for a 1P63 would look in-game. Naturally this is not adjusted to how a soldier would sight his optic though. As a result, I think the sight picture is not too bad (at FOV 100) even without the "bionic eye zoom". Definitely something workable IMO.

4mL2ehF.png

Measuring reference. Filter-less mode reference in regular light.  

Why would someone play with this rather than ironsights? This blocks off way too much vision.

59 minutes ago, Gorzu said:

Why would someone play with this rather than ironsights? This blocks off way too much vision.

it could have faster ADS time, and the immediate area around PoA is less obscured than with ironsights.

7 hours ago, Gorzu said:

It blocks too much vision because the picture is centered around the sight mount and not the sight itself. IRL the sight is so tall to allow faster sighting in all positions and with a gas-mask. With an AK-74 style platform the reticle is positioned right where the shooter's eyes are naturally - POC

1) Not sure what advantages they didn't provide that they should provide.

2) Define "SF". I'm fairly certain recon battalions in high-readiness brigades don't count as special forces. 

1 hour ago, BTR said:

1) Not sure what advantages they didn't provide that they should provide.

2) Define "SF". I'm fairly certain recon battalions in high-readiness brigades don't count as special forces. 

1)Ability to aim with both eyes open,faster aiming.You know,with iron you need to set on one line 3 points - front sight,back sight and target,but your eye able to focus only on 2.With holo you have only 2 points - reticle and target.

pravilnoe_pricelivanie-1.jpg

2)Well actually reconnacance are sort of special operations.And they trained as special forces.And also have special equipment like AKM with PBS and holo sights.But.. damn,only one platoon per Battalion(1-й МСБ -> РВ).It's soviet structure,but still - not sure,that quantity of recons been increaced since this.

%D0%9E%D0%A8%D0%A1_371-%D0%B3%D0%BE_%D0%

Quantity of players per side is less that 1 company.

Edited by samogon

1) No current FPS (to my knowledge) simulates human ability to aim with both eyes. That hardly means they should not include reflex sights. Usually what they offer is a much simpler and larger sight picture, which the 1P63 does as well.

2) Sure, at one time less then a company is represented. The reinforcement systems was designed to represent a larger force, or at least I remember a discussion like that from PR. However, fine, if we agree that only motor-rifle battalions are represented (something I've not heard) how are you sure that select squad-leaders don't have access to this equipment? I certainly am not so sure things are that black and white. 

3) In terms of structure, there is always a recon battalion per larger formation (brigade or regiment) in addition to a recon platoon in every infantry battalion. Granted not all of that recon battalion is infantry, but recon and tech recon platoons are definitely a "field players" of sorts. "Special" is in itself and overused term in Russian nomenclature, but it still doesn't apply here. Even airborne air assault recon companies are not considered special enough for that title and there are not a lot of those in the armed forces :). This is slightly veering off-point though. 

Edited by BTR

Agree with BTR. I wrote somewhere that our "teams" of conventional forces like reinforced task force platoons based on rifle battalions. And 1p63 were seen many times among rifle brigades of West and South Military Districts.