Sign in to follow this  
Naethanyl

Just some questions concerning the engine...

Just some quick questions about the choice to go to unreal 4...1.) What are your plans concerning destructible meshes with buildings or objects in the environment?2.) What is the state of hit detection in regards to net code and client side functionality?3.) What are you guys doing with deviation?4.) In regards to server overhead, will the game be taxing in regards to size and assets used (if its a large map with combined arms elements, would this create a problem)? Also, just a side note, are you planning on implementing a ranging system (with ironsights or leaflets) with small arms and weapons such as those found in games like Red Orchestra 2? 

I read something about the destructibles somewhere... can't remember where right now, but if you search the threads you will find some explanation from the DEVs themselves

but yes, there will be stuff like doors and other stuff... initially

3. There is no deviation, just weapon sway(bullets fly in direction your barrel is pointing)

NOT yet or you don't intend to develop such thing? :(

NOT yet or you don't intend to develop such thing? :(

I'm not a DEV so I don't know about it, but why would you implement unrealistic and abstract deviation, where you could shoot friend staying next to you,when you are pointing right at enemy, while you can make weapon move according to your speed, stance and stamina and fire there it points. Afaik only reason PR:BF2 isn't using weapon sway, it's because it was impossible on Refractor2

The actual weapon sway when aiming is not yet implemented. When shooting though, the bullet spread is dependent on weapons recoil. The better you can control your recoil, the tighter spreading you will get. PR deviation system was merely a limited system of simulating that and I don' think it is needed in Squad.

I'm hoping that there will be a suppression effect implemented much like the PR:BF2 one but more improved. I have some ideas of how it could work so I might post in the suggestions sometime soon.

There must be a suppression effects, not some hard to notice like in BF3(still I didn't managed to see it :P) but real heavy suppression like in PR:BF2 with all cracks and stuff when bullets fly all around you.