Sign in to follow this  
Leopardi

GTX 960M laptop cant select above 1366x768 resolution + horrible performance

I tried adding the game to nvidia control panel profile and selecting prefer the GTX 960M, if the problem was caused by game running with the integrated GPU, but still the same thing. CPU is a true quad core i5-6300HQ so the game should run fine with 1080p resolution and lower settings.

I guess your native screen resolution is way higher, so it seems to be a problem with the software. Even if you used onboard graphics you should be able to raise resolution higher than 1366x768.

Did you try to deactivate the onboard card (not sure if that is still possible like in the old days)?

Do you have similar problems with other games?

Did you upgrade/reinstall your graphic drivers?

I had the same problem dude, and I think that only way to repair this "bug" is redownload the game. Just uninstall it through control panel, delete Squad folder from AppData and download the game once again. If you have slow internet connection just try to delete the Squad folder from AppData.

The terrible performance i can understand. 1. Game is alpha and not optimized, 2. 960m is not very powerfull.

About the resolution problem, its a known issue and can be fixed easy.

Go to :

C:\user\your user\appdata\local\squad\saved\config\windowsNoeditor

open GameUserSettings.ini, change the resolution to what you want from theese lines:

ResolutionSizeX=1920

ResolutionSizeY=1080

I had the same problem dude, and I think that only way to repair this "bug" is redownload the game. Just uninstall it through control panel, delete Squad folder from AppData and download the game once again. If you have slow internet connection just try to delete the Squad folder from AppData.

You don't have to redownload the game, only edit (or delete) the config in appdata as McCracken has posted above.

I tried it once and resolution stays the same, trust me I've almoust checked everything :).