TomNedry

HiRes-maps and online-viewer

Kalith   
38 minutes ago, MVPiet13 said:

Duuuude, why didn't i know of this before! This is extremely usefull. We have been using shitty online drawing programs to plan our matches all the time :D

Glad you like it. I only added the squad maps a few days ago.

36 minutes ago, TomNedry said:

Sure! In fact that's not "my" maps, copyright is still by OWI...

BTW: Amazing tool...

Thanks, I've given both of you credit. It's nice to have some high res maps available, makes it easier.

35 minutes ago, MVPiet13 said:

Seriously Kalith, make a thread about this, you deserve all the credit!

I will. I was still figuring out which icons to add. for now I just copies some over from warface/csgo that looked applicable as a placeholder.  But I should put in some more game specific ones. Which icons do you think will be useful ?

Sahara   
7 hours ago, TomNedry said:

Due to lack of time i won't maintain the squadmaps/viewer anymore. The site will be closed with end of March 2017.

:(

RIP GG, thanks for the hard work!

bbigras   
12 hours ago, TomNedry said:

Due to lack of time i won't maintain the squadmaps/viewer anymore. The site will be closed with end of March 2017.

I can pick it up if you don't mind sharing the code/technique.

EDIT: I see that you have a tutorial and everything on the site, nice! I'm going to host and maintain it. Should be up very soon.

Edited by bbigras

2 hours ago, bbigras said:

EDIT: I see that you have a tutorial and everything on the site, nice! I'm going to host and maintain it. Should be up very soon.

Great !! TY m8 :):)

6 hours ago, bbigras said:

Awesome!

Kalith   

@bbigras, I was using these maps for http://gametactic.org/squad. If you're going to maintain this, can you do me a favor and give me heads up when the maps are updated so I can update my site accordingly. Mail me at [email protected]

@TomNerdy, thx for the effort.

bbigras   
4 hours ago, Skul said:

New A9 maps in case someone will be interested:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6tIOHDJKDTsaW9CMUItMXB5eTg/view

Nice. Thanks.

For the others, I did some progress but I still need to figure out how to show the grid position (like F3...).

EDIT: Ok I figured it out. I'm now about to upload a test version with one map.

EDIT2: Here's the test URL https://dm9q9u1k5row5.cloudfront.net . This is not the final URL. Please test and comment.

Edited by bbigras

Thanks for the tutorial, very helpful! 
How can we find out how many meters a pixel on the image is, since all maps aren't the same size, but the images for them are? 
The distances page on the site is no longer helpful since they changed the way they do the grids now. 
Any help is appreciated. 

On 3/20/2017 at 8:15 PM, bbigras said:

For the others, I did some progress but I still need to figure out how to show the grid position (like F3...).

EDIT: Ok I figured it out. I'm now about to upload a test version with one map.

How did you end up figuring that out? Are they still accurate since they changed the way they do the grids now? 
They're all always 300m large grids, 100m smaller, and 33m smallest. Any way to find out how many meters a pixel is for each map?

Edited by disabilitor