Sign in to follow this  
Tacet

Coolest Bases I've Ever Seen

I don't know about you donuts, but in a warfare units tend to fortify their position, and not run around like they got worms in their ass. You need to get over yourself. And in Squad we still need .50 cal emplacements to properly defend our FOBs, the game is not finished.

But those Minecraft style skyscrapers are abomination and deserve a ban from the admin.

Im confused on the point you're trying to make? 

You could build maps in DF2, DF:LW, TFD, DF:BHD. People would take containers and build skyscrapers.

Yeah but not directly in game. Didnt play on user made maps. but the original DF1, 2 and LW was kick ass shit! Startet my internet gaming career there :D

You could build maps in DF2, DF:LW, TFD, DF:BHD. People would take containers and build skyscrapers.

Yea I played on both, the custom maps in DF  were a nice addition, definitely added life to the game, especially as years went by.   If it wasn't for custom maps, I think the community wouldn't had survived as long as it did.  Mod support is a great idea, while not everyone will like it, it will certainly help the community long term.  

Geeesh! Just think if shovels actually made holes in map. How many holes could one map hold? And oh if you could shovel tunnels? LOL! :)

The sky base was only used at the start and was done by a bored admin while the main base was being built. 

The base was breached many times but the original FOB survived, barely.  It was conceived hoping the other side would build a FOB as well so they could employ ladders to breach it, and to my surprise the first three guys did so and did it quite effectively.

The 4 entrance/exits are tied together forming an "H" with wire throughout, the intentions were for guys to waste time trying to breach the "H" only to find themselves back outside :D Many lives were lost on the Road to nowhere.  Upstairs offered allot of in your face fights.

Much fun was had, and allot of deaths :wub:

fob1.jpg

There is nothing 'cool' about this. Big waste of time and a fat, luminous green neon sign saying "here's my fob, come and get me".

People need to stop pissing round with this bullshit and wasting everyone's time. Sim City, Sims, Minecraft and whatever else is out there to go and play this type of way.

Why don't you cry more?

It's done as a fun thing to populate the server. Once people get in, and the server is populated, it's a good 30 to 40 minutes of fun of people trying to take the FOB, and then it's back to normal maps and no super FOBs. When they're built no one is on the server and it's the middle of the day.

Don't like it? Join another server. I'll say it a billion times - gaming is about having fun. If you can't have fun then you should probably stop buying and playing games. Again - don't like it find another server.

Signed

Oh my gosh... the owner of the [AR15] server...

P.S. You know what, maybe I'll make this a daily thing now. 7 or 8pm EST will be FOBTabulous Fights  :lol:

Why don't you cry more?

It's done as a fun thing to populate the server. Once people get in, and the server is populated, it's a good 30 to 40 minutes of fun of people trying to take the FOB, and then it's back to normal maps and no super FOBs. When they're built no one is on the server and it's the middle of the day.

Don't like it? Join another server. I'll say it a billion times - gaming is about having fun. If you can't have fun then you should probably stop buying and playing games. Again - don't like it find another server.

Signed

P.S. You know what, maybe I'll make this a daily thing now. 7 or 8pm EST will be FOBTabulous Fights  :lol:

I'll be at work M-F but I might be able to sneak out early!  I'm down.  

Super FOBs have this annoying mental affect where the squad that builds it,  think they need to defend it. Causing your team to have one squad less than the enemy, slowly your team gets run over, loses all objectives and you have the whole team in this giant FOB, a few minutes later half your team dies to RPGs and 203s. Game lost. While its fun for the people building it and defending their sand castle and fun for the enemy attacking, you just  took the fun factor away from 30 or so other players.

The same people that do not like large bases will be the same people crying when they add vehicles, aircraft, and motors.  Change is coming, take it or leave it! =D

Ah...No. The vast majority of people who complain about super Fobs are Project Reality veterans, which is the predecessor of Squad.  Fobs,rally points, combined warfare etc were all in PR, and WE LOVED IT. Just super minecraft Fobs takes the fun factor away for majority of your team as getting steam rolled gets boring fast.

Also, Logistics system is coming. Bye bye super Fobs. Change is coming, take it or leave it :)

They are not intended to work and will be gone in the future, in the mean time look for server´s with admins that run the game as intended and just leave such servers. People troll but we have good admins out there. :)

Why don't you cry more?

Signed

Thanks for the comment. Although you should read the rest of the thread before commenting, just so that you're better informed to post.

I never play servers that would consider doing this ridiculousness. Don't get angry because someone insulted you're life's work lad.

Doing this shit to populate a server? Well, no wonder you managed to build this pathetic lego castle in that time, it must have taken you a bloody long time to populate, in to manage it. I'm wandering if that is the route cause for the lower popularity of your server. 

It's all good and well saying "we were populating the server" but that can't be the reason you did this. We populate servers all the time, and don't ever try and win the award for "saddest FOB builders", it must be some inner desire to replicate childhood fantasies of "den's" and "bases".

For the people jumping up and down about the future importance of FOB's. I fully agree, a well fortified FOB with heavy weapon emplacements are going to rule. 

But, until then, stupid FOB's on this scale are, as I previously stated, are big notifications that you're there.

Please continue though, I am sure this is fun when you get hammered every game by people taking FOB's without much trouble, and people stay away from your servers (looks like it's already scared people away, due to the time it takes to populate).

Note: I see that you're also new here. So I'll direct you to my comment (#23) so you can be educated. 

Yesterday there was a squad that insisted on making and expanding a FOB right in between Lilac, Riverside and Market. Got a lot of attention and it was surrounded, they were dying by the bunches, but the squad leader was just sarcastically maintaining that they had a great central position. (He knew it was bullshit, but did it anyways.)

Eventually as it was almost overrun, I tried to take it down to stop the enemy team from gaining tickets from it, only to get teamkilled by that squad. (And laughed at, and yelled at. And 4 more times afterwards. Yay. Too bad no admins were present then, couldnt see who did the shooting.)

When it was destroyed, the "squad leader" said that he was going to rebuild it. "Sorry, but my squad members insist. They threatened to shoot me."

They were clearly having a lot of fun being obnoxious to the rest of the team, and I was one of several team members that got so tired of being teamkilled and playing with such retards that we just switched teams.

It's pretty fun doing something silly in a match like this, but it always hurts the rest of the team if they're trying to play seriously. Especially if they're being intentionally obnoxious. That's not a nice thing at all.

It's pretty fun doing something silly in a match like this, but it always hurts the rest of the team if they're trying to play seriously. That's not a nice thing.

^

|

This, saying something like super fobs are fun and games are played to have fun... yeah that may be true but you are ruining the game of at least 80% of the other people who want to play serious(and have fun for that matter). Sure one could switch the server but such behavior is just not what this game is about.

Thanks for the comment. Although you should read the rest of the thread before commenting, just so that you're better informed to post.

I never play servers that would consider doing this ridiculousness. Don't get angry because someone insulted you're life's work lad.

Doing this shit to populate a server? Well, no wonder you managed to build this pathetic lego castle in that time, it must have taken you a bloody long time to populate, in to manage it. I'm wandering if that is the route cause for the lower popularity of your server. 

It's all good and well saying "we were populating the server" but that can't be the reason you did this. We populate servers all the time, and don't ever try and win the award for "saddest FOB builders", it must be some inner desire to replicate childhood fantasies of "den's" and "bases".

For the people jumping up and down about the future importance of FOB's. I fully agree, a well fortified FOB with heavy weapon emplacements are going to rule. 

But, until then, stupid FOB's on this scale are, as I previously stated, are big notifications that you're there.

Please continue though, I am sure this is fun when you get hammered every game by people taking FOB's without much trouble, and people stay away from your servers (looks like it's already scared people away, due to the time it takes to populate).

Note: I see that you're also new here. So I'll direct you to my comment (#23) so you can be educated. 

Man, you are sooooo damn mad. It's hilarious.