Sign in to follow this  
Tacet

Coolest Bases I've Ever Seen

Joined a server tonight called [AR15] Insurgency Server - Dallas TX, was completely blown away.  Not sure how they built such impressive fortification but they sure impressed me!  

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg6.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg12.jpg13.jpg

Cool :D

They used spectator cam to fly up on the radio tower, and most likely an admin command that lets them build without using resources. My clan does it sometimes while we are waiting for our server to populate.

Cheers!

There is nothing 'cool' about this. Big waste of time and a fat, luminous green neon sign saying "here's my fob, come and get me".

People need to stop pissing round with this bullshit and wasting everyone's time. Sim City, Sims, Minecraft and whatever else is out there to go and play this type of way.

I thank god that I have not come across a sky base/Fob on Squad. The amount of times I came across floating sky bases in ArmA really made me hate them. The abuse of mechanics to make monstrosities aka sky bases is quite annoying. But people will be people and push limits as far as they game in video games. The fact I removed 197 sky bases in a 13 month period from my ArmA 2 Wasteland server many years ago, gives me a little happiness >=D

While I like FOBs in PR and Squad, some people just take it too far. I can't wait for the logistics system. Nice small strategic FOBs, No super FOBs where everyone is like a moth to a flame and dies to one rpg.

The same people that do not like large bases will be the same people crying when they add vehicles, aircraft, and motors.  Change is coming, take it or leave it! =D

There is nothing 'cool' about this. Big waste of time and a fat, luminous green neon sign saying "here's my fob, come and get me".

People need to stop pissing round with this bullshit and wasting everyone's time. Sim City, Sims, Minecraft and whatever else is out there to go and play this type of way.

Yeah man, people need to stop having fun in video games, it's such a big waste of time. There should be a fat, luminous green neon sign saying 'no fun allowed'.

You talking about a specific game with this name? I don't recognize such a game title.

Please tell me you're joking? Delta Force was such an awesome game! The original kicked so much ass.

Please tell me you're joking? Delta Force was such an awesome game! The original kicked so much ass.

I checked out some youtube videos after I read his post, it really looks tactical, but I swear I never touched a finger on it!

I checked out some youtube videos after I read his post, it really looks tactical, but I swear I never touched a finger on it!

The original is what I cut my teeth on playing multiplayer games.. Such good memories.

Yeah man, people need to stop having fun in video games, it's such a big waste of time. There should be a fat, luminous green neon sign saying 'no fun allowed'.

You must have missed this part of the post. It's ok.

Sim City, Sims, Minecraft and whatever else is out there to go and play this type of way

LOL yea some people need to get that stick out of thy arse.  If you don't like it, don't play on the server.  Geez 

LOL yea some people need to get that stick out of thy arse.  If you don't like it, don't play on the server.  Geez 

No one mentioned anything about playing on the server. The point was made that this is absolutely stupid, and isn't what the game was intended for. If people think this is 'cool' and want to spend their time building this shit, on ya go. 

End of the day, they're the ones who spent money on an FPS game, only to try and build Magic fucking Kingdom.

I mean, how many brain cells do the general public have nowadays?

Personally, I'm glad about everything people can find in SQUAD to have fun. :D

I prefer people don't do this on servers where people try to play a little more competitive than just base-building, at least they should focus the resources (manpower) on the more important spots.

I also don't like people who are just about stick-up-the-bum-military-seriuz-buznizz-and-dont-dare-to-say-anything-else. But I'm thinking most people just have made too many experiences with people who stay around at one spot and keep stacking one sandbag ontop the other till the end of the round, getting a whole 9-man-squad or more off the front. This actually has potential to DESTROY fun for certain people

I don't even know why I'm writing this, that topic has been ripped apart and glued together atleast a bazillion times by now in many other threads. Just my 2 cents that nobody HAS to consider. I certainly won't blow off yours, though.

*edit: removed all the "personally, personally, personally" repeatings, I'm tired :P

No one mentioned anything about playing on the server. The point was made that this is absolutely stupid, and isn't what the game was intended for. If people think this is 'cool' and want to spend their time building this shit, on ya go. 

End of the day, they're the ones who spent money on an FPS game, only to try and build Magic fucking Kingdom.

I mean, how many brain cells do the general public have nowadays?

/Pass tissue and /pat on head.  It's ok, you should probably get outside the house every once and while.  

/Pass tissue and /pat on head.  It's ok, you should probably get outside the house every once and while.  

You see the thing is, I DO get out of the house, that's how I know that this is as stupid as it looks.

But I can see that you're new here, so let me explain something to you.

"Squad is an online multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay." 

That is a quote from Offworld Industries, the company that is making this game.

Now, I'm no Mystic Meg, but I can't see anything about building minecraft castles in that description of this game.

Also, for your information, you're on

forums.joinsquad.com

Just incase you pressed the wrong bookmark.

You see the thing is, I DO get out of the house, that's how I know that this is as stupid as it looks.

But I can see that you're new here, so let me explain something to you.

"Squad is an online multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay." 

That is a quote from Offworld Industries, the company that is making this game.

Now, I'm no Mystic Meg, but I can't see anything about building minecraft castles in that description of this game.

Also, for your information, you're on

forums.joinsquad.com

Just incase you pressed the wrong bookmark.

I'm not going to get in a pointless argument, I will agree to disagree.  Good day!  

I don't know about you donuts, but in a warfare units tend to fortify their position, and not run around like they got worms in their ass. You need to get over yourself. And in Squad we still need .50 cal emplacements to properly defend our FOBs, the game is not finished.

But those Minecraft style skyscrapers are abomination and deserve a ban from the admin.