Sign in to follow this  
ZiGreen

Desert Russians

It is really minor point, but after remodelling Militia I think it could be performed.

Russian models look really good, but their desert versions ruin the immersion. Yes, russian armed forces, actually 98th Guards Airborne Division and 31st Guards Airborne Brigade, which are representing Russia in CSTO CSOR, use desert camo uniform for arid environments. This uniform is being produced by Kazakhstan for troops of CSTO's members.

From left to right: kazakhstanian, armenian, belarusian, russian soldiers. Note the same uniform for all and different patterns of gear and protection elements.

IMG_6314.jpg

The reason is that armed forces of every country has different logistic departments for uniform and gear. That is why you can see US soldiers and marines wearing woodland covered IBA with Desert MARPAT and Multicam/ACUPAT mix on early photos from Iraq and A-stan campaigns. Armor and gear manufacturers use their own cloth suppliers and don't care about uniform. Armed Forces should care.

IRAQ_3565140.JPG

610xhv.jpg

Same story with russian paratroopers from KSOR. They are getting russian joint service vests, body armor and helmets and standard KSOR uniform.

87871.jpg

img_ksrtgg.jpg

I think It is the easiest way to make them much more realistic. You already have woodland vests and helmets on your russian models.

Not a problem for the Brits since DPM and DDPM have been almost completely phased out and replaced by the beautiful camo that is MTP

tfh-1mechbde-2013-032-1656a.jpg

Are you sure the world will forget it? :)

287d9g6.jpg

Not as long as there's territorials to give the hand me downs... Oh wait there's more of them by the day...

And will be even more. BTW In my opinion DDPM is the best camo for desert conditions, beating Desert MARPAT, CADPAT and other.

Desert and woodland russians share the same model, I don't think it's so hard to replace some textures. Anyway, this correction has low priority even for nitpicker like me :)

Desert and woodland russians share the same model, I don't think it's so hard to replace some textures. Anyway, this correction has low priority even for nitpicker like me :)

You're right but they'll have to pass quality assurance and that whole thing relies on them spending time on it.