Sign in to follow this  
bilsantu

Kohat Needs More Green

Could we maybe get some more foliage on the hills in this map? I think it's kind of hard to maneuver and flank around in this map as the hills are almost naked.

Take a look at photos from a-stan...its pretty much like that

Could we maybe get some more foliage on the hills in this map? I think it's kind of hard to maneuver and flank around in this map as the hills are almost naked.

Go around the hills instead of over top of them and you won't need to worry about foliage.

This is what the part of A-stan I was in looked like
DAKY6Jp.jpg

TGgHmu7.jpg

The environment guy pretty much nailed it.

Had a conversation with a fella in the first week of Steam access on maps. New guy was complaining about the "blandness" of the five Squad maps so far. :huh:

Tried to explain to him if you care to check out the early pre-alpha Squad vids and even before that for example, there was only one type of red sea container found dotted around each map. If you compare Squad "then" to "now" vids, the maps look fantastic!

Look at it like Counter Strike. I played from around 1.2 to 1.3 and a little bit into the source versions before i found Joint Operations mid 2005. Looking at the stock maps now in CS.GO, it's just insane what mappers have done to them.

My long range forecast and prediction for Squad map development is, this shit is going to be off the scale my friends. You can quote me on that. B) :P  B)

Yes, it's realistic, yes one can go around the hills but with the current meta, it requires a huge amount of effort from none-scoped party to close to gap between its scoped enemies to even the battlefield. On top of these, add the people who play with low View Distance settings, things get really, challenging.

Anyway, just my two cents. Although the current design is realistic, I believe it can be sacrificed for the sake of game balance. 

It not a Cod or BF game i think the maps are perfect but yes the us are over powered but that been worked on. I think by you having to move around the map and learn how to play more careful is a great way and the game many want to play it not a shot shot game it a team work game.

The US side is not overpowered at all, people just don't know how to play like them. And the maps are far from ready on the environment side.