Spectral

Admins asked... We listened...

We have redone the way server configs are done and added them to one central file. No longer do you need to ask yourself "What file should this go in?"

We also have changed the way admins are done. You now great groups with permissions and assign admins to those groups in a single admin file.

We also have a single ban file... But wait! that isn't all!!! You can now subscribe to other servers banlists!!! Manage a few servers and want them to all have the same bans? Just add the url in the config and it will load all those bans!

If all goes well with testing these should be out soon! So admins... we thank you for your patience while we worked on these features! This wont be all, we still have more in the works, but just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

What will be required is you will need to migrate all your bans over to a new format and a new file. You will also need to migrate over your admins and assign them new permissions. Stay tuned, as we get further into testing I will publish out the new format so you can start getting your migration ready!

Nice, please remember not to include them by default with the server so they don't get overwritten after updates  :lol:

My experiences so far with specifc servers hosts have not been that great, who gets access to this powerful tool? 

Will server hosts get double checked to see if they are responsible enough to be able to handle this kind of a banlist?

My experiences so far with specifc servers hosts have not been that great, who gets access to this powerful tool? 

Will server hosts get double checked to see if they are responsible enough to be able to handle this kind of a banlist?

It is up to the server owner what ban lists they want to subscribe too. Yes, someone could make random banlists but the tool was created to allow communities with multiple servers to share the same banlist.

It is up to the server owner what ban lists they want to subscribe too. Yes, someone could make random banlists but the tool was created to allow communities with multiple servers to share the same banlist.

You know a lot of games don't even think about this feature and find reasons for that like "people can mod that in".

​It's incredible you found the time to implement this, very forward thinking - THANK YOU, it raises the overall quality standard of the squad communities by taking away work.

​Syncing ban lists manually always is a pain in the ass and very frustrating.

thank you, this is awesome!

Thx you! Ban list is what will increase level of enjoy in game for sure ;)
Whether we will be able now to change ticket count on maps?

We have redone the way server configs are done and added them to one central file. No longer do you need to ask yourself "What file should this go in?".

This is great.

This sounds awesome, is there some sort of appeal to this list. Could see some over zealous admin banning people because of minor offence, which would stop them from playing on all servers.

Could see some over zealous admin banning people because of minor offence, which would stop them from playing on all servers.

[...] the tool was created to allow communities with multiple servers to share the same banlist.

This sounds awesome, is there some sort of appeal to this list. Could see some over zealous admin banning people because of minor offence, which would stop them from playing on all servers.

Of course,  they'll make a global banlist and allow everyone to make entries. :blink:

Next someone, I could, make a central ban system that all servers are signed upto, with a small site where if u was banned can appeal ect. I'd be happy to do this for all UK/EU servers.

Next someone, I could, make a central ban system that all servers are signed upto, with a small site where if u was banned can appeal ect. I'd be happy to do this for all UK/EU servers.

Go right ahead. B)

if you have been caught, you will be banned. No appeal will stop a server admin from banning you if the information is legit and shows you clearly where cheating.

If your a grief-er or tk-er, nobody wants you on their servers either. Play the game for what it is.

If you have been caught, the dev's wont even be able to appeal for you. Its private paid servers. So i suggest you respect them now, because your Steam ID has been captured. and these steam ID changers are being reported too.

Good luck losing your cash, we are only laughing harder.

I'm sure there would be an appeal system, even possibly through the forums. Perhaps it just gives incentives for people to not 'push the boundaries' of what most would call legitimate play. Get caught cheating and subsequently banned? Tough fucking shit, perhaps you shouldn't of been a muppet.