Sign in to follow this  
RaTzo

When played well no other current game can compare.

I haven't had a lot of play time in over the last nearly 2 months. I've been busy, and when I could play I didn't have lots of time to go looking for people I know in the servers. It's easier to find people now because we can join on friends through Steam. Yay! 

It seems I've had tones of time in the day to pop on to the forums here and discuss the game but not a lot of time to play it. Last night I finally had some real free time and found DrBigMoney & DocEast online. Joined on Money and found they even had room in their squad. It was surely destined to be a good evening. 

Without going through a play by play my impression that who you play with and how you (and they) play is the primary factor in how enjoyable Squad is was yet again confirmed. It isn't about features, or game modes, or animations... 

The game is transparent in a way. It falls away and suddenly you aren't playing Squad you're just playing with a group of friends. 

Let that sink in if you will. 

I've had moments, even days, like that in other games when the situation was just right and the group of people were just right... but this is normal in Squad. 

Last night we didn't have the tightest ship, and there were moments when the only way I knew I would soon be running East was because Doc had just ordered us to run West. hehehehe but we worked together and each person did their job and I stopped thinking about how the other people were doing their job and I just did mine. For most of the time I was there I also had another excellent medic; Z-Trooper. For a while I kept crossing paths with him because I am not used to having a another medic that is so on the ball. I've played with a bunch of great medics (Parabellum I'm thinking of you) but normally they are hard to find. 

It was great. I wasn't thinking about the game I was just doing stuff with friends and I don't know of another game that does this so well right now. 

While I totally agree that SQUAD is very unique and awesome in its own: The thing about saying it's the only game that you can think of at the moment reaching this lies in the fact that you are into the game, not that the game is above all others. I always compare that to music.

Music is the most awesome thing if it matches your mood and momentum exactly, it will probably be the best thing you can experience in that moment, a moment of climax. Now you can have that with SQUAD, or with PR, depends a lot on how it plays out.

Anyways, great to read that there are people who enjoy the game so much, it's a good sign.

Today was my second day and i'm learning a lot.  The people i was playing with were great, except for one douche bag that started bad mouthing me at the end of the round for unk. reasons.  I was a medic and thought i did a pretty good job as i came in second place within my squad.  But that's multiplayer for ya...

Was super fun playing with you buddy!

Having two medics that clean up and pick up the guys at the tip of the spear was a great asset for our team. Our squad basically turned in to a wrecking ball that never stopped advancing - only when both you and me screwed up and stood in the same place or helping the same guy and we both got cut down.

I think 2 of the rounds we had an average of 1 death per squad member or less :)

And you are completely right. Knowing that everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing frees you up to do what you are supposed to be doing. Sometimes trust is the key hehehe, sometimes it isn't - depends on the people you play with heh.

I normally SL, but I didn't give a second thought to it, only how I could save the guys that were on the ground :)

10/10 would medic with you again!

Today was my second day and i'm learning a lot.  The people i was playing with were great, except for one douche bag that started bad mouthing me at the end of the round for unk. reasons.  I was a medic and thought i did a pretty good job as i came in second place within my squad.  But that's multiplayer for ya...

Medic is the most important role (other than SL) so as a new player I wouldn't take this too personally. People will scrutinize medics unless they are playing perfectly. Gotta stick tight with your group and avoid taking risks.

Keep at it I'm sure you did fine.

Having two medics that clean up and pick up the guys at the tip of the spear was a great asset for our team. Our squad basically turned in to a wrecking ball that never stopped advancing - only when both you and me screwed up and stood in the same place or helping the same guy and we both got cut down.

I think 2 of the rounds we had an average of 1 death per squad member or less :)

Can confirm,

DsFNRLP.png

Qy4lHWE.png

there were moments when the only way I knew I would soon be running East was because Doc had just ordered us to run West. hehehehe 

What can I say, we ended up in a supporting role that round, I wanted us to be everywhere at once! :P Glad we had you though man, I haven't seen you in a bit, and it's awesome to get you back in game even if it just means we run all over the map putting out fires. But to get that feeling to arise, I'd consider the mission accomplished. Now if only we could get everyone to see what you see...

Those were some great games last night, I don't think Doc knows how to sit still for very long in game, but he always gets things done. It was a great example of how when a really cohesive group gets together things just fall into place because everyone works together. Having a good leader helps too!

Hah! Both great rounds, I'm glad I got to play in both! Doc, it was awesome squad leading with you as another SL, some of best team comms I've experienced. Also it was great that Z-trooper was there to speed up one of those pesky countdown timers on a map change!