bennyyyy

Stop accusing people of cheating/exploiting if they have a high amount of kills.

Finished a game yesterday with 50 kills and after the match people started accusing me of cheating and using the texture exploit. Im not bad at the game and average around 15-30 kills, however this one game I managed to get 50-9.

Proof: http://imgur.com/HTgVgmy

I just dont want this community to become like CSGO where good players get accused of cheating and are witch-hunted.

The way I see it everyone is innocent until proven guilty and people should stop jumping to accusations.

TLDR; got 50 kills, people called me a cheater, FeelsBadMan.

EDIT: I have shadows off but nothing wrong with that, the DEVS put that in the main options menu for people to disable.

For those of you that think I was cheating I uploaded the highlights of that game:

I see no shadows exploit..

You mean I can get more kills by turning off the shadows?! /sarcasm.

I had them off before my pc upgrade to run the game. Not everyone can afford a nice pc.

Yeah, if you turn off shadows to see the enemy easier its an exploit and is generally frowned upon

Yeah, if you turn off shadows to see the enemy easier its an exploit and is generally frowned upon

Dont understand why its frowned upon, the DEVS want you to have the option thats why they put it in the main menu options.

It's not intended to be used to provide an advantage - its there to be tweaked to allow better game performance. If you have a strong rig and have shadows off , your exploiting...

Dont understand why its frowned upon, the DEVS want you to have the option thats why they put it in the main menu options.

It's frowned upon to use it as an advantage in gameplay. The option is there to help lower end pcs.

Edit: phone...

Well said, I dropped a 62-bomb once and got accused at the end of the match too. I don't care, but it's pretty interesting how fast people call hacks and come to the forums to complain about it. I haven't met a single cheater in all the games that I played. Seems to me that the hacking problem is being blown way our of proportion by people, but the fact that the game already has hackers on it causes an impact to the psychology of the players. When someone's hits crazy shots, or performs epic flanks it seems to no longer be 'wow well played' 'nicely done' 'gg' but more 'mmh he could be hacking'.

Anyway, nice play dude! 

lol  seems to be the same problem with 'exploiters'

It's not intended to be used to provide an advantage - its there to be tweaked to allow better game performance. If you have a strong rig and have shadows off , your exploiting...

Awh c'mon, I was only joking and i thought u were too. At the moment, I don't see anything bad about turning the shadows off. Once the game gets optimized, turning them off won't be possible and will be punishable by the anti cheat.

In all fairness, I didn't watch the video and just reacted to the reply to your post... I was just trying to clarify why its frowned upon. If someone turns off shadows to gain an in-game advantage , my opinion is that they are exploiting. Your mileage may vary. :)

i would say its pretty fucking frowned upon to play at 15-20 fps also. 

Shadows are probably the settings that drains the most FPS, so calling it an exploit is kinda stupid.

You got 50 kills by using no shadows, which in itself is already extremely unfair and I would never even play with that option off since day 1 i have never! of course you get kills with that option off lol there is no shadows on anything and makes everything 10x more easy to spot :P

and then you use SweetFX as well which is fine but combo isn't lol. Then you make a video about your kill skills and are frustrated why people call you a cheater?

If you can't run the game with shadows that is too bad and it's how it is but to make use of it willingly it's something else! In a sense you are cheating against other player who are using shadows lol and you know this very well hence you use it and got 50 kills. :P

You got 50 kills by using no shadows, which in itself is already extremely unfair and I would never even play with that option off, of course you get kills with that option off lol there is no shadows on anything and makes everything 10x more easy to spot :P

and then you use SweetFX as well which is fine but combo isn't lol. Then you make a video about your kill skills and are frustrated why people call you a cheater?

If you can't run the game with shadows that is too bad and it's how it is but to make use of it willingly it's something else!

I'm waiting for op to say something other than "it's in the options lol".

Finished a game yesterday with 50 kills and after the match people started accusing me of cheating and using the texture exploit. Im not bad at the game and average around 15-30 kills, however this one game I managed to get 50-9.

Proof: http://imgur.com/HTgVgmy

I just dont want this community to become like CSGO where good players get accused of cheating and are witch-hunted.

The way I see it everyone is innocent until proven guilty and people should stop jumping to accusations.

TLDR; got 50 kills, people called me a cheater, FeelsBadMan.

EDIT: I have shadows off but nothing wrong with that, the DEVS put that in the main options menu for people to disable.

For those of you that think I was cheating I uploaded the highlights of that game:

What are those red dots on the map?

Why don't you ALL disable shadows and stop bothering other players ?
I honestly run max shadows settings simply because my rig can handle it and allowed me to spot people around corners by their shadow on the ground.... now is that exploit too ? 

You cant prove your a non cheat by videos, they make cheats these days that are not recordable and not captured on punkbuster screenshots. People stream with them all the time.

ESP cheats cant be caught on most record software.

Not saying you are but just pointing that out.

My term of a good player in a game like squad is their ability to communicate, follow orders, teamplay and make use of the class they selected in the squad. I couldn't care less about their K/D. K/D doesn't define a good player.

What's up with the instant smoke grenade around 2:35-2:40?

+1 for no shadows. Oh no someone used an option in the games menu. Lol

ROFL at separate no shadows servers. Really?

You cant prove your a non cheat by videos, they make cheats these days that are not recordable and not captured on punkbuster screenshots. People stream with them all the time.

ESP cheats cant be caught on most record software.

Not saying you are but just pointing that out.

^Indeed,this!!

How many years have I seen,for instance,  in JointOps,folks showing their Fraps/videos or whatever,saying they don't cheat & then BAN!!.So video evidence,it ain't legit,not saying you're OP!.

2nd point...I'd give a damn about your K/D,this game is about Team Play not look at mememe,ain't I fookin' Good.

If you think that your the Dogs Bolloxs,start up your own Clan & Join the community Clan fights,against the likes The Red Coates/RIP/Exodus/303rd etc,etc...And see how really good you're!. :P

What's up with the instant smoke grenade around 2:35-2:40?

That, too, is a bug that's being actively 'used'/exploited by people to reduce throwing time.

Same as turning off shadows and changing draw distance, just to make enemies more visible.

I hope the Devs will end both those things.

Forget the cheating, lets talk about the excellent teamwork and use of coms in this video....