Sign in to follow this  
xtali

Will the old kit dropping system ever make a comback?

I didnt follow the devs for the last few months, has there been any mention of the old kit system returining?

As in you drop your LAT becouse you have to leave and so on. I get the argument that only some people would be trained as medics and so on, but damm this is a game, would be a shame if it wouldnt return.

been discussed many times and it is not coming back, it was hard coded into battlefield and thats the only reason it stayed.

Quote from Dev on the medic kit specifically:

You have 2 medics in a squad, protect them. That is their role to revive, not for anyone that picks up his stuff isn't magically able to perform his job.

If that fails you have RPs, FOBs and soon vehicles.......... 

You can't be immortal. Get another squads medic to help out them. 

But other kits will be treated the same way.

I agree with that sentiment, but seeing as the deciding factor behind it is the pursuit of realistic gameplay, why shouldn't players be able to pick up primary weapons? Although I can already think of one undesirable outcome being a "gung-ho" medic who, sick of having to repeatedly revive noob squadmates, opts to instead pick up the downed Auto-Rifleman's LMG and lay waste to the enemy. This would effectively make a one-man fireteam, as that individual would be able to heal themselves.

Starting to wonder why they don't implement this IRL...