Does anyone else think a harder game mode would make the game better? If you couldn't respawn until the next round, how much more careful would you be? If anyone has ever played socom you know exactly what I'm talking about. Another game mode where you have to protect 3 Vip's from being killed by Insurgents, Or where Multiple squads are trying to rescue 3 Vip's from the insurgents. You either work together to complete the objective, or you all die trying. Playing socom you would be in a match with 3 or 5 rounds and the best 3 out of 5 would be the winning team. I don't know I just think that would be pretty damn sweet, for the serious players at least. That would make the need for teamwork greater as well.

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

If you click on "Forum", there's a Search bar. Typing in "Game modes" gives me 120 results.

You should try it :)

The devs have explicitly said they do not want this as a game mode.

If you want to experiance SOCOM with 1 life then feel free to look up H-Hour on steam early access,
It was started by the same creative director that made SOCOM 1 & 2 (Then he eventually bailed without any noticed or explanation)

Does anyone else think a harder game mode would make the game better? If you couldn't respawn until the next round, how much more careful would you be? If anyone has ever played socom you know exactly what I'm talking about. Another game mode where you have to protect 3 Vip's from being killed by Insurgents, Or where Multiple squads are trying to rescue 3 Vip's from the insurgents. You either work together to complete the objective, or you all die trying. Playing socom you would be in a match with 3 or 5 rounds and the best 3 out of 5 would be the winning team. I don't know I just think that would be pretty damn sweet, for the serious players at least. That would make the need for teamwork greater as well.

We're still in alpha - take it easy on the new game modes.  let's give the devs time to optimize the current base ones firstplease.

Someone could easily make this into a mod but I don't see it going into the official game based on the feedback from the devs

The difficulty of the game modes is up to the skill of the players.

I've had some really hard won matches but also a lot of complete stomps. This is due to the vast majority of players still learning the game since it's only been public for a little over a month, as time goes on we'll see better tactics being used and matches will get more challenging in an interesting way.

The devs will do everything to support modders, once the game is completely released. Then you can create any game mode you would like :)

The game modes don't determine the difficulty of a game, the skill level of the other team determines that.

Ooo, I'd love to jog all the way across the map, take a round to the face out of nowhere because my SL is an idiot and sit in spec for the next 20 minutes.

Ooo, I'd love to jog all the way across the map, take a round to the face out of nowhere because my SL is an idiot and sit in spec for the next 20 minutes.

pretty much, it would be a 4km camp fest trying to hunt down the last guy in the corner of the map whos hiding in the bushes, doesn't sound fun to me.

I like the idea of a hardcore game mode but differ on what it would consist of.

Instead of VIPs how about it be capturing all the gold in a heavily guarded bank or capturing a giant fuel depot and bringing these assets back to home base in heavy trucks. The hardcore part is no worm holes and all transpo is by vehicles only and if you die you have to form up a new squad at home base or get a vehicle to get back into action again.

Something like this is hardcore to me.

I like the idea of a hardcore game mode but differ on what it would consist of.

Instead of VIPs how about it be capturing all the gold in a heavily guarded bank

Battlefield-Hardline-June-9-Teaser.jpg

I used to love S&D back in the day, but to make it work you need small maps with a limited amount of objectives so the rounds don't take too long. You could do it on Sumari for example, or just use one small piece of a map. Any single life gametype that had a lot of ground to cover would be far too frustrating. If people have to sit in spec for more than a few minutes, they'll bail.

It would be especially harsh at the moment with no spectating, 20 mins of black screen would be depressing.