Sign in to follow this  
chickenripper

Vault over certain objects

The only thing that annoys me about squad currently, is not being able to vault over certain objects. The map that makes this frustrating is the afghan map, with all the poppy fields and walls. I know finding a gap can be tactically brilliant, cough cough, but I would to be able to vault over walls.

What's even more annoying is when you have sprinted and used up most of your stamina/all of your stamina, you have to wait to get stamina back to jump over a smaller part of a wall. Now this would be fine if the first jump was always successful, bu 9/10 it's not, well for me anyhow. If you added a vault system (button) then this would solve the problem and stop people sometimes giving away the position of the squad.

films_1979_monty_pythons_life_of_brian.j

+1

the jump button could just make you "vault" when its appropriate.

at least the "hip height" walls and fences should be better to get over, they can stop you dead in your tracks now.

I suggested that the Develpoers should make a function where You hold in the Space bar and then the Character can strenously climb over the Object. Obviously slower and fall over and scrape knee etc :)

Not like the Freerunnners :)

I don't support the vaulting idea hope never happens, i see it as a thing that most players will exploit and making the game more arcade.

I don't support the vaulting idea hope never happens, i see it as a thing that most players will exploit and making the game more arcade.

It looks arcade because it's implemented in arcade game. Squad isn't arcade game and will have proper, realistic and still fun vaulting.

It looks arcade because it's implemented in arcade game. Squad isn't arcade game and will have proper, realistic and still fun vaulting.

I don't see how vaulting could not be arcade, we will see when it's implemented (if it's implemented) but i'm not a supporter of this idea.

I don't see how vaulting could not be arcade

whats arcade about putting one leg over a wall and then the 2nd? thats how you would get over a hip heigh wall. take 4-5 seconds with all the gear on you. noone ask for a "parcour" like jump over a wall. now "that" would be arcade.

whats arcade about putting one leg over a wall and then the 2nd? thats how you would get over a hip heigh wall. take 4-5 seconds with all the gear on you. noone ask for a "parcour" like jump over a wall. now "that" would be arcade.

On a lot of weight carrying weapons i don't see a good vaulting made unless they make something clunky like DAYZ which you press the V and the guy takes like 10 seconds to pass one leg then another which gets in the point that it will get arcade or really clunky like arma or DAYZ. I'm sorry that's just my opinion don't intend to make a fight or something i just really don't see this going well.

I consider a form of 'skipping'/vaulting over a low wall to be much more realistic than having to wait 8 seconds to catch your breath before doing a full vertical crouch-jump with all your gear. In reality, you'd put one foot on top or over it, and the resulting jump/step would take little more effort than a big regular step. Not at all comparable to jumping upwards.

as Kram put it, the opposite to the vault its the good ole "duck jump" we have now and that is "arcade" by definition :D

I must admit that I do feel very much like a ninja when doing a succesful crouch-jump while sprinting. :ph34r:

Hello, have you ever heard of this brand new, shiny function called the "search bar?" If not, boy are you in for a shock! This "search bar" is a mysterious piece of technology that allows you to type in words that match a subject you want to discuss and, with the press of a button, you will be shown a slough of results that relate to what you want to read about! Now, apparently unbeknownst to you, this topic has been discussed over and over and over and over and... well, you get the point. The devs? They've even put out a statement about the feature you'd like to see! Man, if only you'd used the search feature you would've been able to save yourself the embarrassment of being called out and would've saved me the time of typing up this reply!

In the future, use the advice I've given you and you can avoid looking silly in front of all these users! Really, it works, just try it out BEFORE you post!

I consider a form of 'skipping'/vaulting over a low wall to be much more realistic than having to wait 8 seconds to catch your breath before doing a full vertical crouch-jump with all your gear. In reality, you'd put one foot on top or over it, and the resulting jump/step would take little more effort than a big regular step. Not at all comparable to jumping upwards.

I agree (and I recall agreeing on many past threads about the subject)!

The idea of 'jumping' straight up to overcome obstacles in FPSs is so antiquated I'm surprised it's still around. If given alternatives to jumping to overcome obstacles I would probably use the jump key nearly never.

Sorry about posting a subject that has been stated before. And being a smart ass is not really helpful to me (VarenykySupreme)

All you needed to say politely was: There is another thread on this subject, please remove or nicely check before you post next time please, thanks.  I believe member Storm put it nicely enough, read his post and try to help users rather than bully them hey. Thank you Storm

Sorry about posting a subject that has been stated before. And being a smart ass is not really helpful to me (VarenykySupreme)

All you needed to say politely was: There is another thread on this subject, please remove or nicely check before you post next time please, thanks. 

They're just taking their frustration about the 1000 others who posted about existing topics without searching that came before you, out on you. Don't feel too personally offended. They're basically angry about the mountain of people doing the same sort of thing :)

I just don't like being spoken to like that, it's rude and doesn't help. I'm what people of this day and age call a noob at using forums, I prefer beginner, a real word, hence I can't seem to get rid of this box thing around my wording

All you needed to say politely was: There is another thread on this subject, please remove or nicely check before you post next time please, thanks.  I believe member Storm put it nicely enough, read his post and try to help users rather than bully them hey. Thank you Storm

Honestly I really don't give a damn if it's helpful to you or if I'm being a smart ass. If you had read the rules like you must as a prerequisite (what, you mean that the check box isn't just to add another annoying step to the process?!?!) or looked at any of the 6 or 7 stickies or even glanced at the top of the page you wouldn't have been in the situation. You can't fault me for your own problems, bud. 

I'm done with saying things politely when it comes to new forum users. You read the rules, you read the stickies, and you use the search function. I'm not your mother nor am I your father or any other role model in your life to look up to. I'm not here to mentor you in the ways of using a simple forum nor am I here to help you navigate this place. I'm here to post suggestions for the game and feedback about how the game currently is. All that is asked of you is to read a few paragraphs to know behaviors that are and are not acceptable on this forum and you couldn't even be arsed to do that, so why should I be arsed to hold your hand?

Honestly I really don't give a damn if it's helpful to you or if I'm being a smart ass. If you had read the rules like you must as a prerequisite (what, you mean that the check box isn't just to add another annoying step to the process?!?!) or looked at any of the 6 or 7 stickies or even glanced at the top of the page you wouldn't have been in the situation. You can't fault me for your own problems, bud. 

I'm done with saying things politely when it comes to new forum users. You read the rules, you read the stickies, and you use the search function. I'm not your mother nor am I your father or any other role model in your life to look up to. I'm not here to mentor you in the ways of using a simple forum nor am I here to help you navigate this place. I'm here to post suggestions for the game and feedback about how the game currently is. All that is asked of you is to read a few paragraphs to know behaviors that are and are not acceptable on this forum and you couldn't even be arsed to do that, so why should I be arsed to hold your hand?

"Couldn't be arsed" and "not finding and identifying the right and most relevant topics/parts of the forum rightaway" are two absolutely different things. The guy explained he wasn't ill-intentioned and just inexperienced at forum stuff. I'm a forum nerd, my eyes actively look for a stickied FAQ topic before I make a new one, and I'll find and use the search bar because I know there has to be one. That's currently not intuitive, it takes some know-how about these things and/or reading the whole screen (with frankly a lot of stuff on it).

I understand that you're angry about the loads of people doing this same thing, but this is not the way to welcome people that mean well, are polite, and admit and apologise for what they did wrong. Don't take your frustration about all of those people out on one guy, especially if he seems to be one of the nicer ones of that bunch. Jeez.

I'm locking this thread, and Varenyky please stop being so sarcastic and confrontation with community members, you seem to be in a fight / feud with someone in every other thread I go into.

Continuing to act this way will net you a warning for being anti-social.