Sign in to follow this  
ShaunOfCathay

Unreal Dev Grants?

Heyo, a while back Epic Games launched the Unreal Dev Grants program to distribute some funding to developers who submit their work through the program. If I recall during the Battlefield Podcast interview, an update regarding the grants was mentioned; its been while since then. any news on the grant distribution? C: 

Nothing I am willing to discuss at the moment.

So...no news yet?

$210,000 out of $5 million has been awarded since the start of the program. If the developers manage to secure a grant its probably not going to be in the six figures.

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/epic-games-awards-71k-in-unreal-dev-grants

Hmm, the grants given so far though seem to be towards small dev teams with what looks like small-ish projects. I feel like with the size of Squad, its dev team, the Greenlight stats, and media coverage (comparatively), there is a good chance that OWI gets a relatively larger grant. 

Hmm, the grants given so far though seem to be towards small dev teams with what looks like small-ish projects. I feel like with the size of Squad, its dev team, the Greenlight stats, and media coverage (comparatively), there is a good chance that OWI gets a relatively larger grant. 

Awards range from $5,000 to $50,000, with no strings attached. 

my point being the developers wont get a six figure grant but they could max out at $50,000.. i don't think this matters to Epic as all of the grants were given to unknown smaller teams with little to no media coverage.

havent applied yet but our next build will be very stable and far more feature rich and we will apply with that