hexx

bino zoom is OP

I find the binoculars zoom in too much to be useful most of the time. I would like it if they had less zoom like the acog, or controllable zoom.

I disagree. Would say more, but there really is nothing more to say. 

I find the binoculars zoom in too much to be useful most of the time. I would like it if they had less zoom like the acog, or controllable zoom.

Operator error.

Of all the things that could be over-powered and you say the binos 

:D  :D  :lol:  :D  :D 

:rolleyes:

gtfo

Please be more respectful. Especially towards new forum members. You are representing a community here, and responding like that doesn't help.

However, the zoom is fine in my opinion. It's only ''OP'' because the whole screen currently zooms in, without the tunnel vision you have when you look through a binocular.

Please be more respectful. Especially towards new forum members. You are representing a community here, and responding like that doesn't help.

However, the zoom is fine in my opinion. It's only ''OP'' because the whole screen currently zooms in, without the tunnel vision you have when you look through a binocular.

The tunnel vision is built into the fact that you are looking at the binos on a monitor. The actual FOV you have through the full screen binos while playing the game is less than you do when looking through real binos.

i reckon they are a tad OP(?) too? but maybe it is because of the whole-screen zoom, as MikeDude said - something not quite right with the proportions? dunno but i feels wrong. i wonder if it has something to do with the shortening(compression) of view you get with real binos and the fact we don't seem to be getting that in-game, maybe thats why it feels a bit NQR - at least from my POV.

It fills the screen, your right it does catch you off guard the first time you use it. I was ready to see smaller rounded glass like a normal bino, but it filled my screen.

I wanted to say something but didn't the first time i used it. I like it its clean, but it freaks me out every time i look into it.

Tweaked, yes.... now? no. Something that can be adjusted later, or by mods. I am ok with this one to live with it.

Acog? i guess so ill respond after i look into it again.

OP, not on the US side. Militia probably doesn't have anything more then a set of "broken eye wear" to see through. Joking aside, i don't think militia should have much of anything. Its about balance though, so one side should equal the other for the fun factor. Otherwise under power then, and let the war begin.

That's like saying the tires on a car go to fast, it's a binocular! it's primary job is to binoc, uhm,  i mean bring shit closer! :)

Oh, and the animation of your character looking into it a actual binocular is not in yet. It's just a placeholder for now.

Same with acog. I've used a 4x on a mini14, , and used regular sized binocs... its not like this.

Its atleast 4x too strong for usability, maybe it is the field of view that is too narrow on both.. I've wanted to bring this up for some time now.

Hi hexx! Welcome to Squad! :)

Still early days yet hexx, thank you for your post but i like the bino's the way they are atm, eventually i hope the bino gets some nice animation and masking. A range finder included one day would be a great plus also. Can any JO vet out there tell me the map below? ...common it's an easy one! B)

SS00002.jpg

People who are disagreeing how about sharing how you are using them effectively?

for me the binos feel off. I don't know if it's the map sizes or game objectives but i don't really find them useful. I don't often find my squad up a mountain needing to look at things on the opposite side of the map, where as I would like to get a quick overview of an approaching compound but the binos just seem to give you a very maginfied close up of the wall and it would take 5mins to piecemeal scan around the whole place, so more hassle than it's worth.

maybe the binos are "realistic" but gameplaywise it just feels like you are either squinting away trying to make out ants in the distance or unhepfully zoomed right in on some patch of dirt. I've played penty of other games, arma, etc.. and compared to the binos in other games... it just feels off. infact the binos in squad feel like the x25 zoom of the LRPS in arma. will have to try to get used to it.

Hi hexx! Welcome to Squad! :)

Still early days yet hexx, thank you for your post but i like the bino's the way they are atm, eventually i hope the bino gets some nice animation and masking. A range finder included one day would be a great plus also. Can any JO vet out there tell me the map below? ...common it's an easy one! B)

SS00002.jpg

cant think of the name Rulie but it was one that could be a real bastard or a whole lotta fun! . . . Tanah Highlands? . . .

I'll agree with the OP - I have my FOV set to 85 (90 now as its the lowest) and the zoom is too intense for my personal liking. An ability to zoom out a little would be nice. There also needs to be a reticule included for em to adjust the fall of shot.