WARti0k0ne -BG-

Rally Point Discussion

The Rally Point spawning system are making game too fast and should be removed?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. The Rally Point spawning system aren't punishing ingame death enough and are amplifying the loneworf play style by acting as a fast "back in action" gateway, and therefore should be removed.

• YES - They are making phase of the game too fast and acting like spawn factory for so called lonewolfs.
    • NO - They provide logistic support for squads and are needed for simulating the reserve of the units in game.

6 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

I said that I know what I'm talking about. My opinion is more valuable than yours because I have over a decade's worth of experience with a game that allows squad locking, and because I am able to substantiate my opinions.

This is the extent of "arguments"(arguemnts and opinion is completely different thing and below statement is an opinion not an argument) in opposition of squad locking:

"I for one don't like the ability to have multiple small squads where they do not contribute to the game."

This is not an argument(Opinion). This is just a vacuous statement. I could just as easily turn around and say:

"I for one don't like the ability to have multiple large squads where they do not contribute to the game."

If you are able to construct a statement using actual arguments to substantiate your opinions, I may give those opinions some credence. However, until that time I consider your opinions to be without any value. If you want to know how to construct a coherent argument, read this post. It is also preferable to properly format your post and utilize punctuation correctly so that your text is easily readable.

Refer to bolded statement

Edited by samwiseOrigin

9 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

my explanation was a bit vague at that time let's dig it for bit 

You can use locked squad as effective as you stated, or like those morons who brings BTR or 30 for a joyride. 

Put in a good use and contribute to victory vs "Oh, cool vehicle I wanna drive!"

This is not an any less hollow statement. Again, I could say the exact same thing for unlocked, 9-man squads. You're not making an argument here, you're just stating something extremely obvious that can be applied to anything.

I may have left the timeline when the event occured... It took me about 3 to 5mins just on that event. 

So you played against a completely incompetent enemy.

local comms isnt there for  yelling "MEDIC" for 2 mins. you can use it as a chain of command.

If you have enough time and experience, you should know how the chain of command should be when separated from SL 

You've completely failed to see the point. You need all the things I just listed contained within the vehicle asset crew, not just generally within the squad. You need the SL to be with the vehicle, meaning he can't be with another infantry section in his squad, meaning he can't drop RPs for them. You need the squad comms to be dedicated to information related to the vehicle asset, as you'll have recon and AT on foot and you depend on split second comms. You simply can't do this with a full squad. The added comms chatter would disrupt vehicle comms, the other squad members, likely infantry, would be without SL and RP.

uhhh.... For new players, it might 

I thought we were talking about experienced players. 

We're talking about general public play.

I need further explanation from you. From above statement, I only feel as your understanding of full member squad takes vehicle as taxis only which is complete false

It means that the vehicles will ultimately serve whatever objective the SL wants and will never serve as independent assets. You have a full squad with one APC. That APC will now transport that squad. It will provide fire support for that squad. It will provide overwatch for that squad. It will stay in close proximity to that squad. It will not have an independent chain of command. It will not have independent comms. It will not be able to effectively use its down time. It will not respond to other squads' support requests.

A specialized two-man APC squad can perform exactly the same function as the embedded APC in a full squad, except it has the independence and ability to prioritize on a team-wide level.

When did i say that?

Whenever you use the word 'coordination', what you're actually referring to is basic intra-squad communication. An infantry section and an APC communicating with each other within a squad isn't some kind of high-level coordination. Anyone's able to do this. However, an independent APC squad is able to do exactly the same thing and so much more.

I'd argue the same . 

Refer to

You'd argue wrong. Me mentioning the word 'squad' when discussing squads is not me being squad-centric. You're being squad-centric because everything you talk about is on the squad level. I'm explicitly saying that specialized squads communicate with each other on a team-level.

Let's make this real simple: I'm available this Saturday/Sunday. Name a server, you SL, try putting your words into practice.

5 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Refer to bolded statement

Yes, that is why "argument" is in quotations... Because nobody's actually using any arguments. It's just unsubstantiated statements.

The whole point I see the rallies is that they can be implemented wisely and not so. Inbuild game mechanic like rally point can be used as unnoticed sheep herding mechanism of public and common feel of the game, as stated many times "we" are looking something that is not entirely grinding, but something that needs the use of your given brains, but still ultimately being fun and easy to jump on to (while hard to master those nyances, which makes some teams and player great in big time). The rally system as it is mainly now, is kind of cheap readily available dope, which creates more harm than good. At least I do see that the public game needs to be self-regulatory (in un-noticeable way.. Not those BF style screen layers and death timers "Do this or DIE!". This also extend further ie. to thing like maps geography and gamemode layers used in wide) to make it great on truely smooth and solid, if not there is no success and if no success the die hard fans do not have enough player mass in the pool to draw players to more serious gametypes and servers etc. to keep the game going for a next decade and further.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

On 2017. 11. 3. at 8:27 PM, Tartantyco said:

This is not an any less hollow statement. Again, I could say the exact same thing for unlocked, 9-man squads. You're not making an argument here, you're just stating something extremely obvious that can be applied to anything.

My point was to contradict your point #6

Just another example why we don't necessarily need locked squad(Who persistently unlock squad when requested

So you played against a completely incompetent enemy.

Oh come on. give me other excuses than that! 

You need the SL to be with the vehicle, meaning he can't be with another infantry section in his squad, meaning he can't drop RPs for them.

Read my post again. You can divide squad in 2. One on foot and the other in Vic. Wonder where SL would join? I highlighted for you.

t means that the vehicles will ultimately serve whatever objective the SL wants and will never serve as independent assets. You have a full squad with one APC. That APC will now transport that squad. It will provide fire support for that squad. It will provide overwatch for that squad. It will stay in close proximity to that squad. It will not have an independent chain of command. It will not have independent comms. It will not be able to effectively use its down time. It will not respond to other squads' support requests.

What the actual f[...]? 

Absolutely Completely False! That APC Don't have to stay with the squad of its own. It Will have its own comms. It will resopnd to other squad's requests once SL rally the info 

I am at lost words for this point you just made. This is not the way you play one squad, 2 section tactic. 

Let's make this real simple: I'm available this Saturday/Sunday. Name a server, you SL, try putting your words into practice.

Sure, so you can prove that I am a dic[.]head, eh? Sorry I lost the battle, take the trophy here!

7 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Read my post again. You can divide squad in 2. One on foot and the other in Vic. Wonder where SL would join? I highlighted for you.

No, the SL can't be on foot. The SL has to stay with the vehicle. Try following along.

8 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

What the actual f[...]? 

Absolutely Completely False! That APC Don't have to stay with the squad of its own. It Will have its own comms. It will resopnd to other squad's requests once SL rally the info 

I am at lost words for this point you just made. This is not the way you play one squad, 2 section tactic. 

APCs don't have to stay with the squad. But they always do.

No, APCs don't have their own comms. They share comms with the rest of the squad, which is an incontrovertible fact by virtue of how the comms system is set up in the game.

That depends on the SL actually relaying the information. Which is unlikely.

13 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Sure, so you can prove that I am a dic[.]head, eh? Sorry I lost the battle, take the trophy here!

So you don't actually want to resolve this matter, you just want to spout your opinion and leave it at that?

1 minute ago, Tartantyco said:

No, the SL can't be on foot. The SL has to stay with the vehicle. Try following along.

Why? It's not necessary. 

1 minute ago, Tartantyco said:

APCs don't have to stay with the squad. But they always do.

SL can order them to go specific location to help other squads 

2 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

No, APCs don't have their own comms

I was referring local 

2 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

That depends on the SL actually relaying the information. Which is unlikely.

"Unlikely".... you may have had some bad experiences with this game. 

I haven't had that much problems SL rallying infos to squad mates

4 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

So you don't actually want to resolve this matter, you just want to spout your opinion and leave it at that?

The thing is.... You and I going 1v1 on actual game doesn't prove anything. You and I will have different tactics to approach game, ability of squad member will factor in, etc

In the end, you(assuming locked APC) will own me on the KD point but I will own in the capping point. 

^ This is not resolving matters. 

I may have been salty but you need to realize that whole time I was exchanging opinions with you, I couldn't help but to notice you are a bit arrogant  with the fact that you have lots of hours in this game. Probably more than mine. 

Just now, samwiseOrigin said:

Why? It's not necessary. 

Yes, it is necessary. It's a 4-man HMMWV. I need to have direct SL comms. I need the ability to drop a RP. I need the ability to drop a FOB. I need Binoculars. I don't have that if the SL is on foot 1km away from the vehicle.

2 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

SL can order them to go specific location to help other squads 

4 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

"Unlikely".... you may have had some bad experiences with this game. 

I haven't had that much problems SL rallying infos to squad mates

Yes, they can. But they don't. This is the inherent problem. SLs don't do that, and most often they're not able to do it. If they're attacking an objective, they get the APC to provide fire support. Any incoming requests from other SLs are ignored, even if they're higher priority. If the SL is engaged in heavy infantry combat, he most likely won't be able to hear much of the SL comms, and meanwhile the squad comms are filled with infantry chatter, drowning out a lot of information for the APC crew. If there is a lull in the combat, the SL will most likely have the APC hold in the area because he's planning to transport to another objective, but of course that all goes to shit and the only thing that happens is that the APC is out of combat for extended periods.

Something as minor as a transport pickup can be a 30-60 second conversation between two squads to identify safe pickup and dropoff points, and you just can't have a SL relaying that comms volume between their APC and another squad while engaged in a firefight halfway across the map.

This stuff happens even in high-level ranked matches, where information is simply lost because of inefficient comms. To argue that public play should somehow surpass that is just fantasy.

11 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

I was referring local

Yes, but they still hear squad comms. And that's the problem. When I go hunting 30mm's with an open-top HMMWV, every millisecond, every single .50 cal round, every syllable that passes through comms, is vital to success. You just can't do that with another 4-5 people yakking on in squad comms.

13 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

The thing is.... You and I going 1v1 on actual game doesn't prove anything.

I didn't ask you to 1v1 me. I asked you to jump on a public server with me and put your words into practice leading a squad.

15 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

I may have been salty but you need to realize that whole time I was exchanging opinions with you, I couldn't help but to notice you are a bit arrogant  with the fact that you have lots of hours in this game. Probably more than mine. 

Here's the thing. Hours played matters. It's not some absolute measurement where more hours = more knowledge, but you have to have explored the game and its facets to know what the hell you're talking about. The most arrogant thing is to believe that your opinion matters as much as anyone else's just because you have one. 

And a decade of experience with Project Reality matters, as well. Locked squads have been with that game since the beginning, and it has done nothing but add to the gameplay. The few "no locked squads" servers in PR had completely shit gameplay because specialization is not only important to improving efficient use of manpower and assets, but because it inherently nurtures teamwork and communication.

In PR, you had some people who played strictly CAS for the majority of their play time, and you knew that when they were in that asset, they knew what they were doing. Because squads could be locked, people could specialize and hone their skills with specific assets. You just can't have that without locked squads.

If you grab an APC, lock your squad, and run off to do your own thing, you're going to die pretty quick. If you grab an APC, lock your squad, and communicate and coordinate with your team, you're going to be an efficient addition to your team.

8 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Yes, it is necessary. It's a 4-man HMMWV. I need to have direct SL comms. I need the ability to drop a RP. I need the ability to drop a FOB. I need Binoculars. I don't have that if the SL is on foot 1km away from the vehicle.

my OP was 2 teams within squad, one on foot and one on vic.... SL needs to be on foot to put RP/FOB/HAB not  in Vic.

12 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Yes, they can. But they don't. This is the inherent problem. SLs don't do that, and most often they're not able to do it.

You need to stop saying ^. You are making a false assumption every SL you played with does horrible job. Which is your problem. There are plenty SL who are more than sufficient to carry whole team to victory. 

18 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Any incoming requests from other SLs are ignored, even if they're higher priority. If the SL is engaged in heavy infantry combat, he most likely won't be able to hear much of the SL comms, and meanwhile the squad comms are filled with infantry chatter, drowning out a lot of information for the APC crew.

I'd argue some point but I will give in. APC squad can handle situation better than full-man squad 

19 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

If there is a lull in the combat, the SL will most likely have the APC hold in the area because he's planning to transport to another objective, but of course that all goes to shit and the only thing that happens is that the APC is out of combat for extended periods.

Hold in the area? That's a no no. APC should be active at all times. APC isn't for decoration. It's for heavy combat maneuver. I will ask you not to be so blunt in this. If you think about it. APC Squad can also be out of combat for extended periods for the same reason. 

23 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Yes, but they still hear squad comms. And that's the problem. When I go hunting 30mm's with an open-top HMMWV, every millisecond, every single .50 cal round, every syllable that passes through comms, is vital to success. You just can't do that with another 4-5 people yakking on in squad comms.

I realize where you are coming from and I do agree with you on this but you need to realize you need to fluctuate the sound setting at times. Only disadvantage of 9man squad having APC crew and on foot crew heavies upon comm situation. You can fix that. Just have to let the others know of situation. 

29 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Here's the thing. Hours played matters. It's not some absolute measurement where more hours = more knowledge, but you have to have explored the game and its facets to know what the hell you're talking about. The most arrogant thing is to believe that your opinion matters as much as anyone else's just because you have one. 

And a decade of experience with Project Reality matters, as well. Locked squads have been with that game since the beginning, and it has done nothing but add to the gameplay. The few "no locked squads" servers in PR had completely shit gameplay because specialization is not only important to improving efficient use of manpower and assets, but because it inherently nurtures teamwork and communication.

In PR, you had some people who played strictly CAS for the majority of their play time, and you knew that when they were in that asset, they knew what they were doing. Because squads could be locked, people could specialize and hone their skills with specific assets. You just can't have that without locked squads.

If you grab an APC, lock your squad, and run off to do your own thing, you're going to die pretty quick. If you grab an APC, lock your squad, and communicate and coordinate with your team, you're going to be an efficient addition to your team.

Me having problems with you wasn't the fact that you have more hours than me... it was your words/arrogance of having your opinion to be black and white. 

Honestly vehicles is our thing in Squad and its virtually impossible to sanely pull it off with any success without being a locked two person squad so that we can focus on dealing out some serious carnage from a stand off position. So yeah, its virtually impossible to direct 7 other squad members, keep fresh rally points near the point and proficiently operate a Stryker or BTR to a high level and not get it destroyed. Naturally the level headed developers added squad locking for this functionality amongst others.

8 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

my OP was 2 teams within squad, one on foot and one on vic.... SL needs to be on foot to put RP/FOB/HAB not  in Vic.

But I wasn't talking about your OP example. I was talking about my example. Try properly reading my posts before replying.

You need to stop saying ^. You are making a false assumption every SL you played with does horrible job. Which is your problem. There are plenty SL who are more than sufficient to carry whole team to victory. 

Hold in the area? That's a no no. APC should be active at all times. APC isn't for decoration. It's for heavy combat maneuver. I will ask you not to be so blunt in this. If you think about it. APC Squad can also be out of combat for extended periods for the same reason. 

No, I am not making false assumptions. I am telling you how people actually play the game. Not how you imagine in your head that everything sorts itself out fine, but how people actually play.

I realize where you are coming from and I do agree with you on this but you need to realize you need to fluctuate the sound setting at times. Only disadvantage of 9man squad having APC crew and on foot crew heavies upon comm situation. You can fix that. Just have to let the others know of situation. 

No, I'm not going to "fluctuate the sound settings". You can't jump into the Settings menu every time you get into an engagement. If you have to problem solve just to operate functionally within a squad, then it's time to realize that it's not very effective.

I was about to speak mutliple reasons about why deleting the RP would be a negative thing, but i am not sure i really have to, that is just common sense to me o.O

1 hour ago, Tartantyco said:

But I wasn't talking about your OP example. I was talking about my example. Try properly reading my posts before replying.

So Why does SL needs to be with Vic at the first place then?

No, I am not making false assumptions. I am telling you how people actually play the game. Not how you imagine in your head that everything sorts itself out fine, but how people actually play.

Well if you insist to do say so. Majority of my in-game experience says otherwise, but sure let's go with that. 

No, I'm not going to "fluctuate the sound settings". You can't jump into the Settings menu every time you get into an engagement. If you have to problem solve just to operate functionally within a squad, then it's time to realize that it's not very effective.

You do whatever you want. It may not effective, I will give it at that. Again, I don't find it ineffective 

26 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

So Why does SL needs to be with Vic at the first place then?

Because I need RP and FOB ability with the vehicle, and I need direct SL-to-SL comms with the vehicle.

26 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Because I need RP and FOB ability with the vehicle, and I need direct SL-to-SL comms with the vehicle.

I am still confused....

2 man locked squad - I am guessing you retreat to repair and stuff but no FOB for 2 unless you are playing as 3 

full man squad - Vics dont need RP, on foot infantry does 

16 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

I am still confused....

2 man locked squad - I am guessing you retreat to repair and stuff but no FOB for 2 unless you are playing as 3 

Actually you can set down a FOB with 3 team mates around, they dont have to be your squad mates.

11 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Honestly vehicles is our thing in Squad and its virtually impossible to sanely pull it off with any success without being a locked two person squad so that we can focus on dealing out some serious carnage from a stand off position. So yeah, its virtually impossible to direct 7 other squad members, keep fresh rally points near the point and proficiently operate a Stryker or BTR to a high level and not get it destroyed. Naturally the level headed developers added squad locking for this functionality amongst others.

Which is one of the reasons locked squads make the game better for the other 7 players who are not in your squad. I find it super annoying when a SL segregates himself off in a vehicle, in a mortar pit, or fobcrafting for the entire match, while the rest of us are out in the field WHERE HE SHOULD BE, dropping rallys and leading his squad in the fight. Either lock your squad and do your thing, or be an infantry SL. 

There shouldn't be any locked squads period ! Why lock a Squad when the SL can just kick someone who is not being a team player.

Maybe there is a squad leader who doesn't have a mic, just join another squad or start your own. Locked Squads do not promote team work, they promote totally the opposite. Well, as far as the rally point system goes.. Don't fix if it ain't broken !

By the way...You have 9 men in a Infantry Squad. 1 SL and 2 fire teams each fire team has 4 men. Those 8 men follow the SL's orders.

If you are using a Stryker or a BTR, You do not operate it with just 2 men, it's called a "mechanized Infantry Unit" 2 men in the vehicle and the rest of the men on foot.The Infantry & the 2 men  operating the vehicle work together as a whole. The vehicle covers the infantry, & the Infantry covers the vehicle!

IT TAKES THE ENTIRE TEAM WORKING AS A WHOLE TO WIN A MATCH, NOT JUST TWO JACK ASSES IN A LOCKED SQUAD, USING ARMORED VEHICLES & WASTING ASSETS ! 

Edited by Devastation

1 hour ago, Devastation said:

There shouldn't be any locked squads period ! Why lock a Squad when the SL can just kick someone who is not being a team player.

Maybe there is a squad leader who doesn't have a mic, just join another squad or start your own. Locked Squads do not promote team work, they promote totally the opposite. Well, as far as the rally point system goes.. Don't fix if it ain't broken !

By the way...You have 9 men in a Infantry Squad. 1 SL and 2 fire teams each fire team has 4 men. Those 8 men follow the SL's orders.

If you are using a Stryker or a BTR, You do not operate it with just 2 men, it's called a "mechanized Infantry Unit" 2 men in the vehicle and the rest of the men on foot.The Infantry & the 2 men  operating the vehicle work together as a whole. The vehicle covers the infantry, & the Infantry covers the vehicle!

IT TAKES THE ENTIRE TEAM WORKING AS A WHOLE TO WIN A MATCH, NOT JUST TWO JACK ASSES IN A LOCKED SQUAD, USING ARMORED VEHICLES & WASTING ASSETS ! 

Regardless of your opinion the cold hard reality of Squad compared to real life is the fact that a two man locked squad operating a weaponized vehicle has a distinct deadly advantage over any other configuration. Until there are additional armor and IFV classes in Squad we will continue the meta of the two man locked squad patrolling the perimeters and averaging at least 10 assorted vehicle kills per game on the bigger maps.

I like to play realistically, because If I wanted to play Squad like COD I wouldn't of bought in the first place.

But that is just me....

(1 Stryker + friendly infantry = slaughter to any vehicle especially with AT infantry)

(1 Stryker no friendly infantry vs 2 BTR's = instant death)

I am still confused....

Please let this be the last time I have to repeat myself: A 4-man HMMW squad. You have the SL as a driver, Medic as primary gunner, Rifleman as alternate gunner and scout, Light AT for added damage output. With this setup I do 100+ ticket damage to the enemy every round with only 0 to 5 deaths and while rarely losing a single HMMWV.

You need the SL comms with the vehicle for constantly updated intel on enemy vehicles, you need the RP to allow your dismounted crew to respawn with the vehicle as needed, and you need FOB placement ability to drop ammo FOBs. Squad comms need to be entirely dedicated to the HMMWv's objectives, which include FOB hunting, Recon, Vehicle Hunter-Killer, disruption and ambush tactics.

2 hours ago, Devastation said:

I like to play realistically, because If I wanted to play Squad like COD I wouldn't of bought in the first place.

But that is just me....

Considering the gameplay we're talking about promotes far more complex organization, teamwork, coordination, and communication than your "babby's first squad" setup, you are far closer to playing it like COD than we are.

6 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Actually you can set down a FOB with 3 team mates around, they dont have to be your squad mates.

I keep forgetting that haha

42 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Please let this be the last time I have to repeat myself: A 4-man HMMW squad. You have the SL as a driver, Medic as primary gunner, Rifleman as alternate gunner and scout, Light AT for added damage output. With this setup I do 100+ ticket damage to the enemy every round with only 0 to 5 deaths and while rarely losing a single HMMWV.

You need the SL comms with the vehicle for constantly updated intel on enemy vehicles, you need the RP to allow your dismounted crew to respawn with the vehicle as needed, and you need FOB placement ability to drop ammo FOBs. Squad comms need to be entirely dedicated to the HMMWv's objectives, which include FOB hunting, Recon, Vehicle Hunter-Killer, disruption and ambush tactics.

I agree

By the comments I have read, having locked squad vary on the personal reference. I personally don't like locked squad just for the fact that it causes another squad to put in the game which causes more traffic command comms 

I have a feeling that you feel as if you had some bad experience with the other SLs' play style in general.

3 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

Considering the gameplay we're talking about promotes far more complex organization, teamwork, coordination, and communication than your "babby's first squad" setup, you are far closer to playing it like COD than we are.

^

First off having a full squad of 9 men splitting them into 2 separate fire teams "just a couple hundred yards from each other at the same cap zone/ location" while still operating as a whole 9 man squad together is not "COD Style" it's tactical !!!   

One squad    =                                                                        Fire team Alpha         &         Fire team Bravo

SL                                      RM = riflemen

RM                                     GR = grenadier

MG                                     AT

AT                                      MD = medic

MD

Edited by Devastation