WARti0k0ne -BG-

Rally Point Discussion

The Rally Point spawning system are making game too fast and should be removed?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. The Rally Point spawning system aren't punishing ingame death enough and are amplifying the loneworf play style by acting as a fast "back in action" gateway, and therefore should be removed.

• YES - They are making phase of the game too fast and acting like spawn factory for so called lonewolfs.
    • NO - They provide logistic support for squads and are needed for simulating the reserve of the units in game.

26 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

no

Are you the type who spams fobs all over the map not giving a second thought about them or there location.  Like now most games end up with one by each base for every team... Boring game play!  The type who starts a game and deploys a fob by the first cap before the rest have been secured. The type who dies at a hab but will refuse to dig it up and move it because you killed the solo player not thinking there be back, its already marked on the map and later get over run and radio removed causing ticket bleed. Even though there was enough time to change locations. 

Fobs that regenerate are lame and remove the need for the logi truck. If you had a single team FOB you would need to attack, defend, have supplies in place and would require a full team to play together. 

1 squad defends fob / mortar crew , 1 defends cap, 1 attacking and 1 running supplies / transport. Capture point, secure defend while relocating fob in a more advanced fighting position.  No point having a radio by first cap if your trying to take the 5th cap the other side of the map. 

Forget that lets just spam 10 radios and deploy all over the map, dont worry if we lose one or two we have 8 left. << typical getting boring no thought behind it game-play! 

4 hours ago, UnderFire said:

Are you the type who spams fobs all over the map not giving a second thought about them or there location.  Like now most games end up with one by each base for every team... Boring game play!  The type who starts a game and deploys a fob by the first cap before the rest have been secured. The type who dies at a hab but will refuse to dig it up and move it because you killed the solo player not thinking there be back, its already marked on the map and later get over run and radio removed causing ticket bleed. Even though there was enough time to change locations. 

You're putting too much responsibilities upon the entire team at that. Don't forget that in an ideal world, every squad will work together in harmony with others. We both know that's not always the case. Every other round I see SL's not having a mic, grabbing the wrong kit, not working with other SL's or better yet sometimes even an entire team move at the beginning of the game with both logistical trucks sitting at main because no one bothered taking them.

As much as you'd like to live in a perfect world, we don't. So burst that bubble.

I'm the type that is willing to let a decently placed FOB/Hab remain active as soon as the next objective has been capped considering I was able to place a FOB/Hab at the new location which is ultimately bound to compensate, by ticket bleed, for the 20 ticket loss the old FOB/Hab would cost in the event it is found. Sometimes you must sacrifice your queen.....Before you say anything to counter my argument just know that I have dozens of videos to prove myself right so don't even try.

4 hours ago, UnderFire said:

Forget that lets just spam 10 radios and deploy all over the map, dont worry if we lose one or two we have 8 left. << typical getting boring no thought behind it game-play! 

I have never seen 10 active FOBS in one instance during my 1000+ hours of SQUAD.

Edited by CptDirty

rally needs buffed some how, people say that too many restrictions are going to kill the game?  we have very little restrictions atm and the no.s appear to be dropping, some of the additions we have had are not working as intended.. locking squads just creates multiple mini squads..useless at best if not participating fully with the team... coupled with that their ability to take vehicles ultimately screws other squads because you have too many small squads with all the vehicles... and not using them properly.. and other things like keeping the kit... rallies are just warp DM spawns that cost nothing to lose and nothing to place

a team based game does need certain rules if you want fair gameplay.. otherwise you end up with COD/DOI/CSGO but just on a bigger battlefield.. just anarchy and to some extent we have edged towards that now... if we end up with fully public servers, with no admins or clan servers then we will just see a bunch of guys locking a squad once they have the sniper kit they want and daft stuff like that.

6 hours ago, embecmom said:

locking squads just creates multiple mini squads..useless at best if not participating fully with the team... coupled with that their ability to take vehicles ultimately screws other squads because you have too many small squads with all the vehicles... and not using them properly..

Complete nonsense. Squads were, and still are, fully capable of screwing their team over when they're full. And small squads dedicated to using vehicles(Or any role) perform far better at that role than vehicles that are baked into 9-man squads trying to do three things at once, and failing at them all. Locked squads have not hurt gameplay in any way, it's just that people are blaming it for all the bad experiences they're having that were there long before locked squads were implemented.

50 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Complete nonsense. Squads were, and still are, fully capable of screwing their team over when they're full. And small squads dedicated to using vehicles(Or any role) perform far better at that role than vehicles that are baked into 9-man squads trying to do three things at once, and failing at them all. Locked squads have not hurt gameplay in any way, it's just that people are blaming it for all the bad experiences they're having that were there long before locked squads were implemented.

absolute tosh.

The problem here is lots of people are always trying to create this linear definition about how Squad should played so when you think outside the box and deviate from their mindset it really bothers them.

Case in point, one of our favorite things for us is to establish a mortar FOB way off in the middle of nowhere. One person fires the mortar, another drives the Logi and I get overwatch on the points which allows for very precise fire. Trouble is invariably some clown SL has to start making static over comms and throwing shade our way.

In the end though my mortarman has like 40 kills and we have 0 deaths whilst his entire full squad has 30 kills and 50 deaths. So who contributed more to our victory in this case?

Bottom line, Squad is about innovation & defining what specific tactic works best for you and your crew and then improving on that. For example I play with the FFO folks a bit and they're all about CQB. They form really tight formations and blitzkrieg objectives. If their pointman doesn't cap your ass the other 8 right over his shoulder will. While I enjoy that CS:GO style of play in Squad the real beauty of the game is the fact that you have so many choices that can use to achieve the same goal.

Sometimes it's about the process and not the result.

On 2017. 10. 27. at 4:11 AM, Tartantyco said:

Totally agree except when those locked squad does not have any ideas what the hell they are doing and also ignoring other SL not to take vehicle when you only have 50 tickets.  No No No No

On 2017. 10. 27. at 6:10 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

The problem here is lots of people are always trying to create this linear definition about how Squad should played so when you think outside the box and deviate from their mindset it really bothers them.

to add one thing in your point as well, Still When one or two squad decided to put rally just border of the map which blocks from POV from enemies b/c of ridges can make so much impact of capping places.. 

Edited by samwiseOrigin
I HAVE MY OWN OPINION OKAY?

I think rally points are a necessity for tactical maneuvers like flanking. It's not exactly easy to set up an aggressive fob behind enemy lines, and while I understand that you could use a defensive fob and just hoof it for a flank, I think that would just make flanking a thing of the past because, let's be honest, people still want to enjoy the game and see lots of action.

On 10/27/2017 at 6:10 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

In the end though my mortarman has like 40 kills and we have 0 deaths whilst his entire full squad has 30 kills and 50 deaths. So who contributed more to our victory in this case?

As a counter point, there's no point in having 40 kills if the enemy cap your team back to your last flag because everyone was doing their own "middle of nowhere" plans rather than fighting on the flag ^_^

On 2017. 10. 27. at 4:11 AM, Tartantyco said:

Locked squads have not hurt gameplay in any way, it's just that people are blaming it for all the bad experiences they're having that were there long before locked squads were implemented.

Explain to me this 

This guy make a squad with his mate as 2 man BTR squad. Happens to die alot. Take all the heavy of themselves leaving other squads with lodge and transport w/o any heavy back ups. 
Oh yea it's my fault I wasn't able to run faster than that guy who spawned closer to BTR, sure sure

Not your squad alone, sorry to say this. Yes those SLs throwing shade at the mortar might not have an idea how mortar works in this game... I hope you clearly rally the info of what was going to happen. If that SL had a bit of knowlege, he would have hunkered down till that 20 secs window or ask you hold it for a bit. 

So if i have to a judge, eh 50/50 

Great mortar support and yet there was another squad actually gettin in cap point and being in action. 

they're all about CQB

also comes with some risk as you may have experienced maybe. 

when i was a medic in SUMARI BALA, I happened to be with an AR, I just saw an enemy walking around corner. we checked the corner...There, about a squad full of guys walking in CQB style. I used the wall of the compound they were walking along, tossed grande in the front and same time gave AR a go. The result, AR managed to get 7 and went down. i finished 2 and got AR up and act like nothing happened. 

back to the topic  

as I quote the vote : 1. The Rally Point spawning system aren't punishing ingame death enough and are amplifying the loneworf play style by acting as a fast "back in action" gateway, and therefore should be removed.

Isn't it a responsibility of SL to kick those lonewolves not giving sh!t about team work?

and no i don't think punishing is not enough. I do think it ought to be as it is... Isn't the rally point spawn the longest of 3 options?

I am proposing this : How bout the alternating the limit of distance of  enemy nearby  when putting down rally? 
Current set-up is 50m but how about some maps to become upto 100m?

1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

As a counter point, there's no point in having 40 kills if the enemy cap your team back to your last flag because everyone was doing their own "middle of nowhere" plans rather than fighting on the flag ^_^

I agree to this

Edited by samwiseOrigin

5 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Explain to me this 

This guy make a squad with his mate as 2 man BTR squad. Happens to die alot. Take all the heavy of themselves leaving other squads with lodge and transport w/o any heavy back ups. 
Oh yea it's my fault I wasn't able to run faster than that guy who spawned closer to BTR, sure sure

What am I supposed to be explaining here?

2 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

What am I supposed to be explaining here?

This 

On 10/27/2017 at 4:11 AM, Tartantyco said:

Locked squads have not hurt gameplay in any way, it's just that people are blaming it for all the bad experiences they're having that were there long before locked squads were implemented

Edited by samwiseOrigin

18 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

This 

Nothing you stated in your post is related to locked squads. The vehicle claiming system is a completely separate system, and people have been wasting vehicles since they were introduced to the game. What if someone doesn't lock their squad and go around wasting vehicles with a 9-man squad? Has that made the situation better?

Locked squads allow for specialization and more efficient communication. Just having a bunch of 9-man squads result in massive manpower waste, poorly run squads, and inefficient use of assets.

Your complaint is a perfect example of what I was saying. You're just blaming locked squads because you want to blame locked squads. Your argument is entirely unrelated to locked squads, and you've made no attempt to establish any causality between locked squads and the issue you're complaining about.

3 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

Locked squads allow for specialization and more efficient communication. Just having a bunch of 9-man squads result in massive manpower waste, poorly run squads, and inefficient use of assets.

I would argue the opposite actually. A higher number of total squads do the exact opposite of efficient communication as now there's more chatter on SL comms. Even in whisper it disrupts the most important aspect of Squad and that is capturing objectives which is undeniably way more important than a 3-man mortar squad or 2-man BTR squad. 

Having a bunch of 9-man squads results in important man power allocation to the objectives that need to be capped or defended. 

You can have a poorly run 3-man mortar or 2-man BTR crew just the same as a poorly run 9-man squad but the difference is that usually the full squad will be fighting on an objective which, again, is undeniably more important than the smaller squad counterparts. 

Bottom line -> Fighting on the objective with a 9-man squad is more important to the outcome of a game than a 3-man BTR squad or 2-man mortar squad. The smaller Mortar/BTR squad can be useful if used properly but there should only be 1 of each of these squads up in a match, not more. 

so what people are saying is that 5 3 man locked squads is somehow as efficient as having full squads?  I get what Zylfrax is saying and yes it does indeed help to have a group on mortar and doing logis runs.. this can be done from one full squad... but where is it useful to have multiple tiny squads running about the map?  ... in my experience it doesn't work ... 90% of the time they are locking the squad to have a certain kit or take a vehicle or just use build points but not for the good of the team... and I do agree a 9 man squad can be just as damaging for a team as some small squads but as a whole what I tend to see is a few small squads with friends or guys attracted to stay away from larger experienced SLs, locking up and not communicating... 

the other night the server I play on had two 9 man squads and 4 squads of not more than 4 people in them...this is double the voice traffic (or indeed double the frustration) and confusion and also you have 16 players doing completely different things .. different parts of the map .. for me it doesn't work.

anyway I got told off previously for going off topic so sorry if I hijacked this... its about rally points after all!

Edited by embecmom

7 minutes ago, embecmom said:

so what people are saying is that 5 3 man locked squads is somehow as efficient as having full squads?

No. What we're saying is that having specialized squads is more efficient than having generalist squads. We know this because of a decade of experience playing Project Reality(And because science). Mortars, Logistics, Transport, FOB Hunting, Recon, Armored Fire Support, etc. These are the reasons:

1. Superior abilities: As could be witnesses pre-locked squads, vehicle assets were constantly wasted by generalist 9-man squads that didn't know how to use them and basically just used them as taxis, rushed them straight onto objectives, placed them on top of the biggest hill they could find, etc. This was because the squads that claimed vehicles were not led or manned by players proficient in their use.

This is because of selection bias: Players joining a squad are statistically less likely to have much previous experience with vehicles, the players that have previous experience with vehicles have no greater chance of ending up in a squad that has access to the relevant vehicles, and the squad leaders that make the selection are generalists by necessity, making asset experience very unlikely for them.

When you can lock squads, you can limit the squad size to the number of players required to operate the vehicle asset. This allows squad leaders to gain experience with vehicle use, it allows players with vehicle experience to join those specialized squads, leading to more better utilization of their abilities, and reduces the skill/asset mismatch that was prevalent before locked squads.

2. Communication: As individual assets are divided into separate squads, squad leaders are able to identify and directly communicate with those assets, allowing them to quickly request transport, supplies, fire support, report enemy movements to specific assets, and to guide assets onto targets. Previously, SLs basically had to use All SL comms because nobody knew what assets were operated by what squads, and you'd rarely have any confirmation that any information you passed along was received by the intended target. Assets were under-utilized, abandoned, and wasted because relevant information was not passed along and the assets didn't have the necessary workload to warrant their use.

3. Information Obfuscation: As stated above, with a bunch of full multi-function squads, the information about who has what assets is obfuscated. If I as a squad member see a friendly APC somewhere and want to give them a target or warn them about nearby AT, that information may have to go through four stages of communication before reaching its target because If first have to report it to my SL, then he has to identify what squad operates the asset, then he has to pass that information along to that SL, and finally that SL has to report it to the SM operating the vehicle. 

If you have specialized squads, then they are identified by their squad name, making it much easier to identify and share information with the relevant assets.

4. Chain of Command and Comms Bottlenecks: Multi-function squads create communication bottlenecks where a SL who has an APC and a Logistics truck in his squad in addition to doing infantry duty can receive information from three separate entities in his squad and receive three threat communications and  three support communications from other SLs. As the SL will most likely have to function as infantry due to the RP, his focus will be primarily on that. He will ignore support and threat comms from other SLs, or simply not be aware of them due local events drowning them out. Furthermore, those assets will end up primarily supporting his squad and his infantry section in particular, to the detriment of the team. Instead of having an APC providing transport and fire support on demand where needed, it just hangs around near the rest of the squad regardless of the situation because the SL is unable or unwilling to manage both assets at once. Fully loaded logistics trucks are parked in a ditch for 5-10 minutes because the SL wants to build a FOB later on but is tied up in infantry combat.

5. Manpower Distribution: Locked squads allow players to restrict the manpower use of their squad to whatever is required to perform their function, and it allows them to operate separately. I can't tell you how many matches were lost pre-locked squads due to some SL sitting on a barely active defensive objective with a full 9-man squad, someone taking a 9-man squad to make a mortar FOB, or sending another 9-man squad on offense instead of peeling off a couple of guys.

When you only have 9-man squads, every job turns into a 9-man job, even if it only requires three people.

6. Complex Gameplay: Simply put, if you don't have locked squads you end up with shit gameplay. It just turns into an infantry-moshpit with a couple of vehicles thrown in and wasted. That's basically what the game was before locked squads and I have no interest in playing that anymore.

+1 for above post. Some game mechanics  of project reality are mulled over by the community for over 10 years, The results of that  is summed by his post. Anyway  locked squads is one of those mechanics. and  Yes Squad is not PR but it seems to be the successor as far as i know and seems to be in the same genre.

10 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

Your complaint is a perfect example of what I was saying. You're just blaming locked squads because you want to blame locked squads

A. Of course I do, at the time i was writing I was i so triggered, Since I had a few games where both teams were capped 40 40 each 4 of full squads and 1 locked squad of 2 people mortar. One BTR. Here I am doing a solo SL after 3 mins of asking both of locked squads to allow me in! How fun! 

41 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

We know this because of a decade of experience playing Project Reality(And because science).

Are you really superior-tizing yourself? Classic

. If I as a squad member see a friendly APC somewhere and want to give them a target or warn them about nearby AT, that information may have to go through four stages of communication before reaching its target because If first have to report it to my SL, then he has to identify what squad operates the asset, then he has to pass that information along to that SL, and finally that SL has to report it to the SM operating the vehicle. 

Maybe I am doing this wrong but I find it rather easy and efficient 

1. When i find any  that will cause threat I can verify whether that's 30, BTR, or lodge or infantary.. Not difficult. At the same time I am observing the map for the location and where it's heading. <- This might be written long. It can be done under 8 seconds 

2. Use team chat. Done. If the APC didnt see. Oh well. I've done my part 

2.A - I comm to my SL that use all comm to notify. 

3.A - All SL relays the info. (let's be honest. All SL should be aware that if their squad is using armored vehicle or not..)

As the SL will most likely have to function as infantry due to the RP,

Exactly. This is why I argue that having MULTIPLE locked squads are not necessary and also Locked squad persistent at not unlocking squad. 

I have had 9 member squad 1 BTR 1 Mortar SL in BTR whole match. I mean thank you for cutting the enemy support and all but he just gave up feeding ammo, Rally, FOB, marking enemy location and HAB. 

I can't tell you how many matches were lost pre-locked squads due to some SL sitting on a barely active defensive objective with a full 9-man squad

We all have been there. Simple answer. Bad SLing. 

43 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

When you only have 9-man squads, every job turns into a 9-man job, even if it only requires three people.

Again, Bad SLing. 

44 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Simply put, if you don't have locked squads you end up with shit gameplay

This is my case : 9man squad with 1 BTR on Al Basrah. As I am driving, i am keep getting fed where the enemy infantry is coming from. I was able to cut the majority of support with that info. When things turned south. picked up SL and got out, put the rally near the action. SL went infantry.  Addtion to the info my squaddies giving me the location of on foot intentary. I was able to cut off 2 lodges, 2 techie. 

I guess it's personal reference. I have not yet to have any problems with 9 men squad multi functioning. Locked squads were always trouble since their decision not to unlock for unassigned and them taking all the resources when we actually need one for ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Are you really superior-tizing yourself? Classic

Oh, I forgot. Knowing what you're talking about is a bad thing. Right.

I think the problem here is that you have a very narrow understanding of the game and are not aware of the complexities of the game, so you're not aware of what a god-send locked squads were for gameplay. The fact that you think taking out four insurgent vehicles is notable just highlights that. I frequently wipe out the entire enemy vehicle fleet multiple times over with a 4-man squad and a HMMWV, causing several hundred tickets worth of enemy asset losses during a single match(That's around 1/3rd to half of the enemy's total tickets). That's the power of a specialized squad vs. non-specialized squads.

10 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Apology on my saltiness but i can't stand people, i guess you are not in this spectrum, saying cause they have this many hours in the game they have this many knowledge. I took it in a wrong way. 

13 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

I think the problem here is that you have a very narrow understanding of the game and are not aware of the complexities of the game,

I maybe. 

14 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

you're not aware of what a god-send locked squads were for gameplay

Only if used correctly. 

15 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

. The fact that you think taking out four insurgent vehicles is notable just highlights that

Highlights what? Locked squad? Once again, i was in a full squad 

17 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

I frequently wipe out the entire enemy vehicle fleet multiple times over with a 4-man squad and a HMMWV, [.......]That's the power of a specialized squad vs. non-specialized squads.

I'd argue no. While you have done a massive job contributing victory, same thing can be done with full squad too.  Just have to know how to form a vehicle squad and a on-foot squad within a squad. 

If your argument is that having locked squad(have brains and know the stragedy) eliminates coordinating, I agree with your point. 

12 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

I think the problem here is that you have a very narrow understanding of the game and are not aware of the complexities of the game, so you're not aware of what a god-send locked squads were for gameplay. The fact that you think taking out four insurgent vehicles is notable just highlights that. I frequently wipe out the entire enemy vehicle fleet multiple times over with a 4-man squad and a HMMWV, causing several hundred tickets worth of enemy asset losses during a single match(That's around 1/3rd to half of the enemy's total tickets). That's the power of a specialized squad vs. non-specialized squads.

who said you know what your talking about? its just your opinion many experienced players disagree with you... people have different experiences, I for one don't like the ability to have multiple small squads where they do not contribute to the game and locking has allowed that where admins don't enforce unlocking (as I said in my original post).. specialist squads indeed.. but they should be few and far between..  agreed one small squad who uses a vehicle properly can take out a lot of tickets.. but if the team is made up of multiple small squads then its not sustainable.

8 hours ago, embecmom said:

who said you know what your talking about? its just your opinion many experienced players disagree with you... people have different experiences, I for one don't like the ability to have multiple small squads where they do not contribute to the game and locking has allowed that where admins don't enforce unlocking (as I said in my original post).. specialist squads indeed.. but they should be few and far between..  agreed one small squad who uses a vehicle properly can take out a lot of tickets.. but if the team is made up of multiple small squads then its not sustainable.

I said that I know what I'm talking about. My opinion is more valuable than yours because I have over a decade's worth of experience with a game that allows squad locking, and because I am able to substantiate my opinions.

This is the extent of "arguments" in opposition of squad locking:

"I for one don't like the ability to have multiple small squads where they do not contribute to the game."

This is not an argument. This is just a vacuous statement. I could just as easily turn around and say:

"I for one don't like the ability to have multiple large squads where they do not contribute to the game."

If you are able to construct a statement using actual arguments to substantiate your opinions, I may give those opinions some credence. However, until that time I consider your opinions to be without any value. If you want to know how to construct a coherent argument, read this post. It is also preferable to properly format your post and utilize punctuation correctly so that your text is easily readable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Only if used correctly.

This could be said of anything. It's a completely hollow statement.

Highlights what? Locked squad? Once again, i was in a full squad

Highlights what you consider effective. Taking out a couple of insurgent vehicles is the bare minimum for any US/RUS APC. What you accomplished with your APC in this vehicle was completely insignificant. Neither is anything you accomplished exclusive to full squads. Specialist squads are able to accomplish exactly what you did, just far more effectively.

I'd argue no. While you have done a massive job contributing victory, same thing can be done with full squad too.  Just have to know how to form a vehicle squad and a on-foot squad within a squad. 

If your argument is that having locked squad(have brains and know the stragedy) eliminates coordinating, I agree with your point. 

The same thing could not have been done with a full squad. You need SL comms, you need SL abilities, you need independent chain of command, you need dedicated squad comms. If this was a full squad, you'd end up with a bunch of lonewolves and the vehicle asset would be completely slaved to the needs of the rest of the squad, which is detrimental to its effectiveness.

Locked squads allow for coordination. What you consider coordination is just basic squad communication. Stop seeing everything solely within the context of the squad, and understand that the team as a whole is simply an even bigger squad in which actual high-level communication and coordination takes place.

6 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

I said that I know what I'm talking about. My opinion is more valuable than yours because I have over a decade's worth of experience with a game that allows squad locking, and because I am able to substantiate my opinions.

I think how you put the words together caused both @embecmom and I took it other way. What we see above statement is that just because you have more hours in-game you don't consider our opinions for fact at all

This could be said of anything. It's a completely hollow statement.

my explanation was a bit vague at that time let's dig it for bit 

You can use locked squad as effective as you stated, or like those morons who brings BTR or 30 for a joyride. 

Put in a good use and contribute to victory vs "Oh, cool vehicle I wanna drive!"

Highlights what you consider effective. Taking out a couple of insurgent vehicles is the bare minimum for any US/RUS APC. What you accomplished with your APC in this vehicle was completely insignificant. Neither is anything you accomplished exclusive to full squads. Specialist squads are able to accomplish exactly what you did, just far more effectively.

I may have left the timeline when the event occured... It took me about 3 to 5mins just on that event. 

Like I said again, you are completely ignoring my statement as it is. 4 vehicles and multiple infantry in 5 mins might sounds minimum this is not "insignificant".  Taking out vehicle costs their ticket. I dont think it was insignificant.  

The same thing could not have been done with a full squad.

Oh? Oh my bad, I may have been playing battlefield then? Let me check my steam library for min........... Nope, it's squad.. 

You need SL comms, you need SL abilities, you need independent chain of command, you need dedicated squad comms

Formation of squad (9full, SL favored)

SL - SL ability, command Comms , squad comms, local comms

2 LATs - squad comms, local comms

2 Meds - squad comms, local comms

2 Scope - squad comms, local comms

1 AR or grenadier - squad comms, local comms

1 rifleman - squad comms, local comms

local comms isnt there for  yelling "MEDIC" for 2 mins. you can use it as a chain of command.

If you have enough time and experience, you should know how the chain of command should be when separated from SL 

you'd end up with a bunch of lonewolves and the vehicle asset would be completely slaved to the needs of the rest of the squad, which is detrimental to its effectiveness.

uhhh.... For new players, it might 

I thought we were talking about experienced players. 

edit : forming a squad within a squad isn't having blueberries for a lunch. 

I need further explanation from you. From above statement, I only feel as your understanding of full member squad takes vehicle as taxis only which is complete false

Locked squads allow for coordination

Yea I agree to that.

What you consider coordination is just basic squad communication

When did i say that? 

On 2017. 11. 2. at 11:06 AM, samwiseOrigin said:

Just have to know how to form a vehicle squad and a on-foot squad within a squad.

This? oh yea sure. This is squad 101 maybe 102

Is there something wrong doing this? What matter is how you execute the action as vehicle team and on-foot team

Stop seeing everything solely within the context of the squad, and understand that the team as a whole is simply an even bigger squad in which actual high-level communication and coordination takes place.

I'd argue the same . 

Refer to

On 2017. 11. 2. at 9:27 AM, Tartantyco said:

That's the power of a specialized squad vs. non-specialized squads.

Taking out a couple of insurgent vehicles is the bare minimum for any US/RUS APC. What you accomplished with your APC in this vehicle was completely insignificant

On 2017. 11. 2. at 9:27 AM, Tartantyco said:

Simply put, if you don't have locked squads you end up with shit gameplay

Edited by samwiseOrigin

*Tartantyco

Your arrogance amazing, i agree with a lot of your points and use locked squads all the time my self. But chill dude and come back to earth.