WARti0k0ne -BG-

Rally Point Discussion

The Rally Point spawning system are making game too fast and should be removed?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. The Rally Point spawning system aren't punishing ingame death enough and are amplifying the loneworf play style by acting as a fast "back in action" gateway, and therefore should be removed.

• YES - They are making phase of the game too fast and acting like spawn factory for so called lonewolfs.
    • NO - They provide logistic support for squads and are needed for simulating the reserve of the units in game.

The Rally Points are acting like a teleport system for cpt. Kirk for the lonewolfs and speeding up the gameplay tenfold. Is this the case, should they be there or not. If that is the answer, what is the reasoning?

currently they are set up the way they are because there are no vehicles,
once vehicles are added I'm sure they will be tweaked to reflect this.

And a lonewolf would normally be kicked from a squad for being a lonewolf so how are they spawning on rally points?

The problem arises from the SLs in many servers who don't play as supposed and are not kick their squad members out if they play their own game. Many times the SL also are by them self are playing what could be considered as a run & gun and use RPs as insta cure for meatgrinding tactics. Also they are hurting the immersion of the game, with this pop out of backpack spawning.

This is not Project Reality, but its own separate title.

Once again from the kickstarter...

Squad was originally envisioned as a way to carry on the legacy of the popular “Project Reality mod for battlefield 2. Founded by Will “Merlin” Stahl in early 2014, the project has grown to approx 22 developers the vast majority of who have contributed to the original MOD at some point in its long life.

Our goal for Squad is to take 10 years worth of experience, testing and research with the original Project Reality formula and apply it to a modern stand-alone engine. We want nothing less than to reclaim the genre of tactical shooters for the creators, modders and players who have waited a generation to get back to intelligent, satisfying gameplay.

And you literally just said the problem is the squad leaders, not the mechanics of the game.

So this thread is pointless as far as I'm concerned unless your trying to start another drama thread after the discussion about run speed.

I think they should be removed completely once vehicles are in, or make them like the logistics of an FOB and that they must be transported(ie picked up and moved) and have a certain number of non-replenish-able spawns, as well as a fixed supply of additional ammo, in addition I think it would be good if you had to spawn at main to get one. This would put emphasis on FOB placement and logistics.

RPs were implemented in PR for the purpose of simulating full squad size (12+) and also to allow freshly-joining squad members a chance to catch up.

There was strong sentiment against restricting spawns to fobs and main bases under the premise that it would reduce playability, causing the game to be more frustrating and, in turn, less fun.

Forced kick from squad upon death was also seen as a threat to playability as many people would possibly lose the chance to hook up with their in-game buddies.

While Squad is a new title, I'm sure a large set of concepts and game structures will be brought over from its source, PR.

Frankly, I see the game in its present state the only a way for the devs to test the maps, animations and game engine under stress. The rallies are just there to provide a way to respawn. Why bother tweaking them when it will all change with vehicle? Don't expect this to play like a finished game at this point, just look at it as a fun way to test.

I think they should be removed completely once vehicles are in, or make them like the logistics of an FOB and that they must be transported(ie picked up and moved) and have a certain number of non-replenish-able spawns, as well as a fixed supply of additional ammo, in addition I think it would be good if you had to spawn at main to get one. This would put emphasis on FOB placement and logistics.

Indeed that would support the move with care, thing before act. Now it is just die, spawn to RP and rinse and repeat.

RPs were implemented in PR for the purpose of simulating full squad size (12+) and also to allow freshly-joining squad members a chance to catch up.

There was strong sentiment against restricting spawns to fobs and main bases under the premise that it would reduce playability, causing the game to be more frustrating and, in turn, less fun.

Forced kick from squad upon death was also seen as a threat to playability as many people would possibly lose the chance to hook up with their in-game buddies.

While Squad is a new title, I'm sure a large set of concepts and game structures will be brought over from its source, PR.

There is players who refuge to join ingame before RPs are in and just waiting to get SL to put that RP there to get quickly to action. It also removes the need of securing the "own land" between mainbase - flags - FOBs and frontline making there a empty space. Another thing is that they allow a "wormholing" of the enemy territory, without ability to enemy to prevent the "support troops" to appearing from thin air (from rally point).

Just for testing purposes why not just use spawn on SL til vehicles and other stuff get in? SL has to do the walking both ways.

Just for testing purposes why not just use spawn on SL til vehicles and other stuff get in? SL has to do the walking both ways.

Oh that sound terrible, almost as terrible as spawning directly to vehicles.

they would have to program that in, and it causes alot of headache trying to spawn on a moving target, I see falling through the map alot being a big issue.

And it enforces lone-wolfing because you don't need team mates to spawn, just sit back and tell your SL to do all the work and sneak up behind enemy lines (alot harder to spot 1 person) then your entire squad spawns.

now when the squad leader dies you now have to spawn back at main if your FOB has been over run, which could mean you losing the game, and to compensate for that your SL would be less likely to take point, he would probably sit back and do nothing and just act as a mobile spawn point.

they would have to program that in, and it causes alot of headache trying to spawn on a moving target, I see falling through the map alot being a big issue.

And it enforces lone-wolfing because you don't need team mates to spawn, just sit back and tell your SL to do all the work and sneak up behind enemy lines (alot harder to spot 1 person) then your entire squad spawns.

That is partly how RPs work as now, if you can sneak a two players (or is it three atm.) behind the enemy lines you can just throw backpack to the ground and summon other 7 players from there to taking a flanking action from nowhere.

People are crying about how medics revive whole squad, but yet I haven't seen those crying about RP system. I give advice to all medics, revive the SL first, then you two can place RP and all rest of the squad can spawn to that packback while you might to gather few points with reviving the closest fallen one while waiting others to spawn.

That is partly how RPs work as now, if you can sneak a two players (or is it three atm.) behind the enemy lines you can just throw backpack to the ground and summon other 7 players from there to taking a flanking action from nowhere.

People are crying about how medics revive whole squad, but yet I haven't seen those crying about RP system. I give advice to all medics, revive the SL first, then you two can place RP and all rest of the squad can spawn to that packback while you might to gather few points with reviving the closest fallen one while waiting others to spawn.

so your advice to a medic is to revive the SL so they can drop a rally (assuming their is no enemy in the area or it won't let you) and tell the other 7 squad members to give up (cost your team 7 tickets) and spawn on the rally instead of reviving them himself and getting the points?

I don't think you know how to play this game, your telling medics to help make your own team lose and not play a medic the right way, you probably waste like 70 tickets trying to destroy an enemy fob worth 10 tickets lol

And like I said earlier, 1 person sneaking through the woods is harder to spot then 2 guys, like statistically speaking 100% harder to find.

so your advice to a medic is to revive the SL so they can drop a rally (assuming their is no enemy in the area or it won't let you) and tell the other 7 squad members to give up (cost your team 7 tickets) and spawn on the rally instead of reviving them himself and getting the points?

I don't think you know how to play this game, your telling medics to help make your own team lose and not play a medic the right way, you probably waste like 70 tickets trying to destroy an enemy fob worth 10 tickets lol

And like I said earlier, 1 person sneaking through the woods is harder to spot then 2 guys, like statistically speaking 100% harder to find.

Yes, if that ticket trade would benefit as a capturing the enemy FOB or flag in situation where own team already reduced the amount of enemy players down or if I downgrade myself to "just some kills to have fun" style of gameplay.

Also two players are statistically 450 percent easier to sneak through the enemy defence than nine players.

PS. Look there is a big hairy troll running there, look! .. cos this is hard to get rolling, every are like RPs cool. lol.

Yes, if that ticket trade would benefit as a capturing the enemy FOB or flag in situation where own team already reduced the amount of enemy players down or if I downgrade myself to "just some kills to have fun" style of gameplay.

Also two players are statistically 450 percent easier to sneak through the enemy defence than nine players.

I was comparing spawning on fob to spawning on SL,

I can pretty much guarantee they are not getting rid of rallies lol,

It was a huge part of PR and its a huge part of Squad.

As the game evolves so will the rally system, it will be changed and balanced 100 times before now and launch.

PS. Look there is a big hairy troll running there, look! .. cos this is hard to get rolling lol.

At this time that's a pretty shitty tactic. I would be pretty sure the rest of the squads would be all over this. Just saying, its not the way i see the game going. The only people that would try this, would be a group of friends or some horrible clan doing some exploits to cause grieving.

There would be no fun in this, i would shoot the SL if he ordered people to kill themselves and ill spawn a rally by the capture point.

Am i wrong in saying? its about clearing and moving forward to have fun. I see where you are going with this, but i don't think most of the SL would agree they care to try this tactic.

If it doesn't work? you just lost 9 tickets for the team

My only gripe with this is that this makes it so that there really isn't a frontline, anywhere only on Sumari where its just a giant brawl all over. RP needs to be limited if it is to stay, either that or have a squad car to spawn on and if that gets destroyed, well your outta luck!

how about a truck / APC or other big vehicle that has 9 places for really points.  when its down you need a new vehicle from the main base. ( for map with vehicles )

and for only inf maps a bigger tent. you need then 1 min or longer to build.  and  spawning is inside. no longer a pop from the universe. and not a backpack in the bush.

the first point is kinda invalid, we have 9 in a full squad right now which is on the larger side of the rifle squad spectrum in most modern militaries. The Israelis and the USMC are the only factions that i can currently think of that have 13 in a squad.

My only gripe with this is that this makes it so that there really isn't a frontline, anywhere only on Sumari where its just a giant brawl all over. RP needs to be limited if it is to stay, either that or have a squad car to spawn on and if that gets destroyed, well your outta luck!

I get it, i do. I was thinking the 2 minute was too short of a time frame. 5 Minutes would be pretty good honestly. Ive seem some fast SL move that rally as fast as they placed it. Nothing wrong with that, just seems a tad to easy. Rush and run. There is no struggle, no experience, no excitement with moving fast like this to end the game.

I wouldn't be upset if they made line trenches so that if you capture a point you can not move past that until they are pushed back in some sense.  Not sure that would even work for this game.

I think its just fine the way it is, but upping the time limited when placed to 5 minutes i would not be apposed to. 2 minutes seemed like i said before, drop and go, drop and go. Not enough time to view the pretty sights.

the first point is kinda invalid, we have 9 in a full squad right now which is on the larger side of the rifle squad spectrum in most modern militaries. The Israelis and the USMC are the only factions that i can currently think of that have 13 in a squad.

Oh you brought up a great point, would we be seeing 13 in a squad anytime soon? or is that asking too much