Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Steve-

New Change to the Forum rules.

The Forum Admin has modified one section and added a new one to help Moderators with their job here.

Please note the changes or additions listed below.......

§4 Thread Titles
Please name your thread appropriately; the subject title should sum up / explain the content in the thread. If you fail to name your thread properly (such as ‘Hey!’ or ‘Check this out!’ or ‘Help!’), we will either rename or lock the topic. Repeated offense may lead to infractions. The practice of using CAPITALS only in your thread title is not allowed and will be edited or the thread will simply be deleted.

§8 The use of BBCode
It is allowed to use the BBCode in your posts. Over usage is not allowed. You may use the Bold in a reasonable manner but not for the whole text body. You may use the size feature but in a limited reasonable manner. You may not use any of the additional fonts at all. Color may be used to high light a point but again, not for the whole text body. Moderators will be watching for misuse and will edit when required without giving notice. Continued disregard for this rule will result in Moderator action in the form of warnings.

Thank you for your understanding and continued compliance.

So this kind of post is not allowed?

This is a real good example of "What Not To Do"  ;)

So this kind of post is not allowed?

Mmmh yes, you'd better keep helping players with keybindings I think :P :P

The Forum Admin has modified one section and added a new one to help Moderators with their job here.

Please note the changes or additions listed below.......

§4 Thread Titles

Please name your thread appropriately; the subject title should sum up / explain the content in the thread. If you fail to name your thread properly (such as ‘Hey!’ or ‘Check this out!’ or ‘Help!’), we will either rename or lock the topic. Repeated offense may lead to infractions. The practice of using CAPITALS only in your thread title is not allowed and will be edited or the thread will simply be deleted.

§8 The use of BBCode

It is allowed to use the BBCode in your posts. Over usage is not allowed. You may use the Bold in a reasonable manner but not for the whole text body. You may use the size feature but in a limited reasonable manner. You may not use any of the additional fonts at all. Color may be used to high light a point but again, not for the whole text body. Moderators will be watching for misuse and will edit when required without giving notice. Continued disregard for this rule will result in Moderator action in the form of warnings.

Thank you for your understanding and continued compliance.

Roger Wilco !

Steve lad, I really do not envy you being a moderator at this moment in time, so much shit getting thrown about on these forums I'm three threads away from closing my account!

Steve lad, I really do not envy you being a moderator at this moment in time, so much shit getting thrown about on these forums I'm three threads away from closing my account!

Thanks my friend but stick around!!  The Moderators are doing most of the work and working hard at it.  The members that are throwing around the shit are only making themselves look stupid for the most part.

Thanks my friend but stick around!!  The Moderators are doing most of the work and working hard at it.  The members that are throwing around the shit are only making themselves look stupid for the most part.

Well, seeing as you're asking nicely  :rolleyes:

We need a catch up!

Yes we do my friend!  I will catch up with you guys real soon.  Been busy rebuilding my other site and getting ready for the release of mapping tools for another game. ;)

I guess we better get back on topic before a Moderator locks this thread!

Yes we do my friend!  I will catch up with you guys real soon.  Been busy rebuilding my other site and getting ready for the release of mapping tools for another game. ;)

I guess we better get back on topic before a Moderator locks this thread!

SnIwFtR.gif

Move and Merge...

Too many same Topics in wrong sub Forums make for an untidy Board and difficult for members to find existing and important discussions.

The use of the Search function should be strongly encouraged and those that post "use the Search" (Moderators included) should post relative links when doing so.

Members should also use the Report tab for Abusive/Flame & Troll Posts/Topics.

In consideration of the popularity that Squad has created the above will pay off in the long run and will help both Members & Moderation Staff.

There are modules available that will greatly help with the control of spam which inevitably comes with popularity.

Might help, might not but remember,,, a tidy Forum is a happy Forum.

Good luck...

Im fully aware that there are "Modules" that will help but those are controlled by OWI and they make all the ultimate decisions and installations of and about said addons and Modules.  I simply work with what they give me.

While it's obvious that many of the same topics get posted endlessly, I feel compelled to point out the search function is fairly borked. I can barely find topics that I know exist with it, IME you have to have the search words exactly match up with the entire title or you get nothing back, or 50 threads to wade through.

While it's obvious that many of the same topics get posted endlessly, I feel compelled to point out the search function is fairly borked. I can barely find topics that I know exist with it, IME you have to have the search words exactly match up with the entire title or you get nothing back, or 50 threads to wade through.

It is common problem with all forum engines I have used, the best option is just use google with:

site:forums.joinsquad.com <you search words>

It is common problem with all forum engines I have used, the best option is just use google with:

site:forums.joinsquad.com <you search words>

Agree !

I feel compelled to point out the search function is fairly borked.

Hence :

§4 Thread Titles

"Please name your thread appropriately; the subject title should sum up / explain the content in the thread".

It's all about keywords, the IP Board Search does work reasonably well once you know how it functions.

Word of the Day = factions

Search Results

Your search for the term factions returned 25 results (titles only).

How to explained in more detail here...

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/10270-drag-wounded-allies-to-safety/?view=findpost&p=153107