So I noticed that in one of the Monthly Recaps and the "Kalashnikovs are comin'" thread I saw a lineup of AKs, including the AKMS and the AKS-74.

I searched some stuff up and it was said that the AKMS and AKM would be selected at random for people who picked the AKM classes just for aesthetic diversity. As for the AKS-74, the Monthly Recap or Closed Alpha Build mentioned that it was added to the Militia.

Sooo I went in-game and saw that none of the kits seem to sport the AKS variants.

Are they removed from the game? Will they make a return any time soon? Or is it the same with the Founder Skin issue that led the skins to be taken off the game?

After all, the models were made, the textures were applied and the animations were complete, it wouldn't be much to reintroduce them, no? It wouldn't be a pain to balance since they can just perform identically to the fixed stock counterparts, it would just be for aesthetics since unconventional forces don't seem to have "standard issue arms".

Sorry if this was asked :P

I'm pretty sure I saw the AKS-74U a while back on one of the factions medic classes

He's talking about the variants of the AKM and AK-74 with folding stocks, not the AKM itself or the AKS-74U.

I'm plagued by internet problems currently so I'm afraid I can't check.

I saw the AKM on the militia team the other day...I think you were just unlucky not to see them.

Not the fixed stock variant. AKMS, where S stands for folding. I'm talking about the AKM with the downward folding stock and the AK-74 with the side-folding stock as shown here.

Or maybe that's what you are saying and I am that unlucky. :'(

I'm pretty sure I saw the AKS-74U a while back on one of the factions medic classes

Nah, Militia uses the AKS-74U, but I am talking about the full-sized variant linked above.